Welcome to The Happy Place

[Series] The Happy Place to be

It is a normal day. The sun is brightly shining, the skies are blue.. Well, it’s summertime.

Three girls in school uniforms happily chatted in the middle of Seoul road crowd.  After some giggling and squealing - probably over some handsome idol photos on their phones – one girl with longer hair starts, “Guys, I feel thirsty..”

The other girl with dyed brown hair chimes in, “I feel tired too.. How if we stop by a café and chill out?”

“Sounds cool! Hey, I heard there’s this new café from my friend.. They say the place is nice and the coffee’s good. The staff are hot too,” says the girl with short hair.

“Wuah! Daebak! Where is it?? I want to see..” All pairs of eyes widened in excitement.

“Me too me too! Maybe they are single?”

“Yaa you..”, the short hair pokes the girl with dyed hair jokingly, “It’s nearby here.”

 

The three girls with school uniforms giggle and continue walking. A bespectacled man in his early twenties who walks behind them happens to hear their little convo. He beams. Dongwoon follows those girls’ footsteps, not because they are cute or he wants to hit on them, but he happens to go to the very same direction.

 

“Welcome to The Happy Place!” A pretty boy with fair skin and eyesmile greets the schoolgirls as he opens the door for them. Their eyes widened with awe for some good seconds. He chuckles and clears his throat to avoid further staring, “A table for three of you girls?”

“Uh-uh.. yes please,” The short hair nervously answers. 

“This way. Follow me please,” the staff, Gikwang ushers them to an unoccupied tables by the window.

 

As the girls follow him they look around, admiring the interior of the café. It is cozy with pastel colored wallpaper and wooden floor. Scarlet fabric is spread on the floor from the door until the end of the pick up counter resembling a red carpet. Some decorations, frames, and display shelves are hung on the wall. There are electric plugs provided, convenient to charge devices with dangerous level of battery. Soft music is playing in the background.

This is indeed, a hot spot.

 

Gikwang pulls out the chairs for them to sit and passes a cardboard printed with the beverage list and menu. “If you have decided, you can go straight to the counter to order. If you need anything, you can call me,” he explains before leaving with a bright smile.

The girls swoon again. “Aigoo, he’s so cute!! So well-mannered as well!” exclaims the short hair. “He should be an idol with that good looks! What a waste..” the dyed hair shakes her head and continues to fix her eye on him with mouth open.

“Snap from it girls.. Okay I will order,” the long hair stands and approaches the counter.

 

She is admiring at the wonderful cake display before her ears catch a sweet voice. “Hello, what would you like, miss?” Another staff smiles to her behind the cashier. Compared to Gikwang, he has smaller head and looks so young. Seventeen, eighteen maybe? But he’s cute as well.. She glances at his nametag which spells Yoseob.

 

“Um, miss?” Yoseob calls out playfully, snapping her back to reality. “2 hot caramel macchiato and an iced café latte please,” she replies immediately. “Regular, medium, large?” he offers. The girl ponders before choosing, “Medium for all three.”

“Do you want whipped cream?” She nods.

“Having here?” Again she nods.

"May I know your name?" 

Woa. He wants to know my name?? The girl blushes. Finding back her voice, she stutters, "My n-name is M-Miyoung" 

 

“Jun, 2 medium hot caramel macchiato and 1 medium iced café latte with whipped cream!” He shouts the order to the other staff busy with coffee making machine. “Ne,” he responds with his back still facing us.

 

Yoseob presses some buttons on the cashier machine and announces, “That will be 14,000 won, Miyoung-ssi”. She opens her wallet and passes the cash. Before leaving, Miyoung wonders a little then shyly asks, “How old are you? You seem so young.”

Yoseob scratches his hair uneasily, “Umm honestly I’m 24 this year. But well, many people say I look young. Maybe because of my babyface hahahaha." She stares in disbelief. Yoseob grins. "You can proceed to the pick up counter there Miyoung-ssi. It will take around 5 minutes."

"Ah, ne." 

The girl walks over to the pick up counter on the very end of the room. Five minutes will be enough for me to go on SNS to talk about these cute guys... Soon her eyes are fixed on the screen as she waits for their order.

 

Few minutes later....

 

“2 hot caramel macchiato and 1 iced café latte for Miyoung-ssi.”

 

A deep voice calls her and three cups are put on the counter. “Thank you.” She looks up from the phone and their eyes meet. The last staff, the barista, seems more to the bad boy type with his round face, piercing on his ears and tattoo peeking under his rolled up sleeve. 

"Do you want to add latte art?" he suggests. Miyoung who has never seen a latte art before, she nods shyly.

"What kind pattern would you like me to draw?" he asks again calmly. "Uh.. anything is fine." The barista takes out a bottle of syrup, skillfully draws patterns on the caramel macchiato and swirls to the iced latte.

"Here you go," he passes back the cups. It looks beautiful. He is so cool. He’s my type! She exclaims in her heart.

She steals a glance at his nametag before he turns back. His name is Junhyung.

 

Aww, what a heaven on earth… I’m so happy! I'll definitely come back here.

 

--------

Hello! This is my new project, B2ST cafe fanfiction. What do you think of the first chapter?

Like I mentioned in the foreword, I will hold a Request Day in the cafe (which will occur every 5 chapters). You can tell me on the comment what you want our handsome baristas Junhyung, Yoseob, and Gikwang to do as fanservice in the 5th chapter ^^