Final

Happy Birthday

because everyone loves vhope. & this is just my interpretation on how this day went down~

Taehyung wakes up with a startle. Slowly, he opens his eyes and the sunlight instantaneously blinds his sight. A small smile graces his lips as he takes a glance at his phone. December 30, 2013. Finally. Taehyung can finally consider himself an adult. No- a man. Glee begins to fill his insides when the reality actually hits him but before he can even lift himself out of bed, fists land harshly all over his body.

 

Of course. It wouldn’t be an actual birthday without getting those beloved birthday punches.

 

All the while he sustains the abuse; he can vaguely hear the sound of happy birthday’s echo in the empty dorm. After he’s received 95 punches to his exhausted limbs, he squints his eyes open only to be greeted with a smiling Hoseok- where did the others go..? He brushes the thought aside as reasons that they probably went to go eat. Hoseok is staring at him with a certain look in his eyes and suddenly butterflies begin to fly frantically in Taehyung’s stomach. Instantly his heart skips a beat- or maybe two- and he can feel his cheeks burn red. “Good morning, sunshine.” A giggle builds inside of Taehyung and it takes all of his might to prevent it from coming out. Giggles aren’t very manly at all, Taehyung; a chuckle is more like it. But instead of answering, he continues to stare at Hoseok and tries to relish in this moment and memorize the angelic features of the elder’s face. Hoseok’s cheeks are actually kind of perfect; they’re slim but also round like cherries- if that makes sense- and his natural and bare face is something many idols would be jealous of. (It’s definitely something Taehyung’s jealous of.) His smile is wide, staright, and full of pearly white teeth and his eyes- don’t even get him started on his eyes. Taehyung almost lowers his gaze to the other’s shirtless body, but then Hoseok’s chuckle stops him. (Ah yes, of course he chuckles; Hoseok is a real man.) Confused, Taehyung looks at him with a tilted head. “Have you gone mute, Taehyung-ah?” Realizing the fact that he has had yet to respond to Hoseok’s greeting, he stutters and tries to redeem himself. “S-sorry hyung it’s just that- um. You know, I- I just- I- uh, don’t we have to get ready for rehearsal?”

 

That’s right, even though it’s his birthday, the boys have to attend Gayo Daejaejun. He doesn’t particularly mind, it’s truly an honor to perform there with other artists, don’t get him wrong, but his ideal way to spend his birthday was to just stay inside with the guys and watch movies or play games. (Actually, he really just wanted to spend some quality and alone time with Hoseok but he’d never admit that out loud.) Instead, they have to go rehearse, get primped up, and attend a fairly interesting show for two hours. Sure, he guesses, that’s better than his original plans- although in reality, he’d pick staying inside over going to this show any day.

 

Hoseok looks at him with a sad smile. He knows the younger enough to know that he’d rather relax at home, but they have things to do all day; they couldn’t afford to waste any time. He playfully ruffles Taehyung’s hair and squishes his cheeks quite painfully. “Don’t worry Taehyung-ah, hyung will make this up for you. Just get ready and let’s see how the day goes.” Before he walks off to eat breakfast, he pauses mid-step and looks back at the disheveled singer, “Oh and check your side drawer, I’m pretty sure I saw something sticking out.” The elder walks out before Taehyung can even reply. Curious, he peeks inside the mentioned drawer and sees a delicately wrapped box no bigger than the size of his hand. He meticulously unwraps it and inside he sees the necklace he’s been dreaming about for months. The only reason he’s had yet to get it was because it was just a bit pricey- more than any of them could afford. His eyes widen as he takes it out of the box and only then does he notice a little card nestled underneath the tissue paper;

 

Taehyung-ah, you’re finally a year older. I know you’ve been working extremely hard this entire year and I believe you should get something in return for your efforts. I hope you enjoy this gift and cherish it as much as I cherish you. I know it’s just a necklace, but I also know it’s the necklace you’ve always wanted. You truly deserve this gift and nothing you say can make me think otherwise.  I’m very proud of everything you’ve accomplished this year and I know you will always continue to do your best. Happy Birthday.

 

–Hoseok

 

Taehyung feels his eyes beginning to water as he places the gift back on his drawer. He blinks away the tears and takes a deep breath. Don’t cry, Taehyung; you’re a man now. As he composes himself, however, the boys come rushing in one by one and he realizes that, , he’s wasted too much time. He abruptly stands up and goes to stick a piece of toast in his mouth when he runs into Hoseok. Taehyung opens his mouth to thank him but Hoseok flashes a smile at him and pushes him off into the kitchen. “Eat, dummy!” Taehyung shovels about 6 spoons of rice into his mouth and sprints to claim the bathroom. He smiles widely when he hears the others groan in protest.

 

The rest of the morning passes by in a blur. They rehearse their performance at least five times, get dolled up 2 hours before the show, and somehow find time to visit Yoongi in the hospital. He’s gotten better and certainly looks like it, but still, that’s not enough to allow to him to perform with them. The visit is short and sweet, just like Yoongi himself, and soon their manager softly tells them to wrap it up. Yoongi wishes Taehyung a happy birthday, gives him a weak hug, and bids them off. Performing without one member of their group makes everything feel incomplete and everyone is affected by it. So that’s why the visit makes Taehyung’s mood a little less cheery than it was, but when he feels a lean, familiar arm drape along his shoulders, his smile reappears and for some reason, everything feels a little lighter.

 

During the show, Taehyung can barely focus. He manages to jam out to some of the performances, but other than that, fatigue slowly begins creeping up on him. Despite their own performance, he thinks one of the highlights of the night was definitely the hip hop collaboration with all of the rappers. He stares in astonishment as Namjoon bounces on stage alongside some of the most amazing rappers and can only imagine how excited and amped his hyung is feeling. Such amaze.

 

The rest of the show is hazy in his mind; truth be told, he just wants to go home and sleep or maybe just eat. That must be it, he’s hungry. No, wait, by the way his eyes are drooping, it’s definitely fatigue. He’s just so ing exhausted. He’s near the point of passing out when they go backstage but then Jimin begins dragging him to their dressing room and before he can complain to his obnoxious friend, everyone starts singing him happy birthday and- oh my gosh, is that cake in Hoseok’s hands? Taehyung’s insides get all bubbly again and he almost wants to cry because as he looks around, everybody in their team is singing happy birthday and it’s so unexpected but at the same time it’s kind of expected because they do this with all of their birthday’s and Hoseok is just looking at him with that look in his eyes and just- those eyes. Those sweet and precious eyes are staring at him like he’s the most perfect being in the world and Taehyung can’t begin to describe how that makes him feel. Suddenly, the room feels like it’s spinning and he starts to lose his balance but a strong hand grips his arm before he can fall. He turns to his left and sees Hoseok smiling back at him, a gentle and considerate look gracing his face with teeth on full display.

 

When they’re done singing and cheering, he blows out the candles, though not before making a wish, and everyone starts clapping and it just makes his night 126% better than what it was. All of the members get a piece of cake (yes, all of the members. they’re saving a piece for Yoongi) and when they’ve finished taking pictures and talking, they’re on their way home- in all honesty, they’re so tired and they’ll just stop by the hospital tomorrow. On the ride home, Taehyung rests his head on Hoseok’s shoulder and soon he’s drifting in and out of sleep. His mind registers fingers gently caressing his thigh and it’s so comforting that he breathes out contently. It’s a small and intimate gesture that has the younger’s heart thumping like crazy. He silently prays to whatever deity listening that Hoseok can’t notice the irregularity of his heart beats; if he does, he hasn’t said anything, although the fingers stop their action and simply lay motionless on his upper thigh.

 

The van suddenly comes to a halt and the boys quietly file out and make their way up to their dorm. Unlike the others, Hoseok considers the birthday boy and stays behind to help him. Taehyung gazes at the elder with hazy eyes and smiles lazily, mentally thanking him. As the two make their way up in silence, Taehyung realizes that he finally has a chance to thank him for his birthday present and he decides he doesn’t want to miss this opportunity. When they reach the door to their dorm, he immediately turns to Hoseok and opens his mouth to speak. But, again, he misses his chance because all too suddenly, a pair of lips cover his own and- holy , Hoseok’s kissing him and it feels like heaven. It’s gentle and sweet and everything he’d ever imagined since that embarrassing kiss on Rookie King and it has Taehyung sighing in content. He can faintly taste the cake from earlier and that thought alone has his mind going dizzy. Taehyung doesn’t get to fully enjoy it though because soon, Hoseok pulls away, bottom lip caught between his teeth. The look in his eyes is back again as he stares at the younger and the intensity of it all is so strong that Taehyung has to grip onto the wall to prevent himself from falling. Hoseok only chuckles quietly and looks down before pecking the other on the lips once more.

 

“I told you I’d make it up to you; Happy birthday, Taehyung-ah.”  

 

Being a man is kind-of-sort-of hard, but so far, Taehyung kind-of-sort-of loves it.

i feel like it's kind of rushed but i had to get through a whole day okay like man there's only so much that happens in a day.

and after i edited this today, i thought of like 50 different titles (lolol not rlly but still) that wouldve been 1057x better than freaking "Happy Birthday".

ugh.

anywhoooo, i hope you guys enjoyed it.