Prologue: One Week Left

Dying Wings

The night sky filled the gloomy presence of another day passing by. At this time, Nana, the youngest of three siblings, was on her way home when she took a seat in front of a convenience store. Her presence was alluring, a charisma that every woman would be jealous of. Long blonde hair, pink pouty lips, and clean nails, too much effort to keep her look clean just in case she bumps into some cute random guy.

As she was waiting for her dinner she looked up and saw the stars, one by one, blinking at her. She smiled at the thought of someone looking from above, guarding her until she gets home. The sooner that she gets home though, it was for the worse.

Her family had been trying to recover from their bankrupt issues and her father’s alleged accusation of fraud. She had no idea but, as long as she keeps her grades up, nothing’s gonna beat her.

The old woman, selling the same ramyeon recipe for 30 years, approached her and placed the bowl carefully in front of Nana.

She bowed and started to eat.

“You’ve been staring at her for 12 hours now. Straight.”

A whisper startled Kris as he sat beside Nana, watching her every move.

“Will you quit it, Chanyeol?”

“Eh,” the dumb-looking one laughed, “She can’t see you and she won’t feel you. Why care?”

“You do know that in a week, or so, it will happen.”

“So?”

“So, that thing will happen.”

“And?”

“And I won’t be able to see it live.”

“You do know that she’s human.”

“Even so,” sighed Kris as he fixed his armor and sword behind him, “I’m her guardian angel. She needs to be protected. If she goes, I go, too, remember?”

“Kris, dude, you can’t possibly win her over in a week. That would be impossible.”

“Chanyeol,” Kris stood up, “Did you forget that we are angels?”

With that he kissed Nana on the cheek and flew speedily into the vast darkness.

Nana felt the wind on her cheek and got goosebumps.

She hurriedly ate her dinner and went on.