A New House.

Find Your Smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was the youngest of four, the only male child in an affectionate, female-dominated family. As such, he was coddled by his sisters. Everywhere he went he would make friends easily and quickly, he was just that sort of person. His passion for football was commonly shared amongst his peers. He was never the captain of the team, nor the ace, but he was that one reliable player who was guaranteed to be there when someone needed to pass. He was not the player hoisted onto the others’ shoulders in celebration after a victory, he was the one who offered his support, without which the star player would surely fall.

Because of the nature of his father’s job, he often found himself being shifted from town to town, city to city, all across Korea. That did not matter to him. Each different place brought with it new faces, new friends and new adventures. He still kept in touch with a few friends from the past, as well as he could.

That was the way that Jung Taekwoon lived.

As he unpacked his clothes from a large cardboard box, he looked out the window to the unfamiliar scenery. He let out a slight sigh, then returned his gaze to his box of possessions.

His mother floated into the room, “It’s lovely, isn’t it?” She asked. Not waiting for an answer, she glided over to the wardrobe and flung both doors open. Her gentle expression changed to a frown as she saw what was inside. Turned towards her son she said “And what about all these boxes? Don’t think you can get away with leaving them all unpacked!”

“I’m just about to do those ones.” Replied Taekwoon, with a cheeky grin on his face.

“You were not, you liar!” His mother lunged towards him and ruffled his dark hair playfully.

“Alright! Alright!” Taekwoon said through his giggles, as he was now being tickled, “I’ll do them next, promise.”

His mother looked at him seriously “A man should always keep his promises.”

“I know.” Taekwoon replied, equally as serious.

The atmosphere lightened as both parent and child broke into enormous grins. “I’ll leave you to it, sweetheart. Dinner will be ready in about an hour.”

As soon as his mother left the room, Taekwoon threw himself onto his bed and looked up at the ceiling. He tried to make shapes out of the in the paint. He could have sworn that paint in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter