Follow the road to crack fics

The not-so-mild adventures of Jongrothy
 
 
Once upon a time, far from any silence, the hustle and bustle of SMtown made Jonghyun stir. He wasn't the one to complain, since he often likes to join in with the noise.
 
Today, in particular, wasn't the nicest of weathers. He was also alone in his little dorm. All his bandmates were out, apparently he was the only free soul in there.
 
"We'll be home late tonight," He listened to Jinki's mild-mannered speech about being caught in traffic in such a storm, so he doesn't mind.
"Just get some food for me," he grunts a bit, he didn't have snacks with him that time. "I'm sure the convinience stores are just round the corner."
 
"Of course," he can hear Jinki's chuckled over the phone. "Stay safe Jonghyun-ah."
 
Jonghyun groans once again at the silence of the dorm. He could've gone home earlier but he wanted to watch a movie with the others. Well, since they'd be gone for the mean time, he decided to watch one movie anyway.
 
Thirty minutes into the movie, Jonghyun slowly starts to close his eyes. Thinking it would be bad to fall asleep while the others were out, he forced himself to stay awake. He stands up, to make sure he's awake, and checks the window. He sees a foggy one, a window with far more moisture than Taemin's various collection of ice Popsicles. He starts drawing random figures, mostly little bunnies, before he stops a bit.
 
"That's strange," he peers beyond the frost-looking window and sees, from a distance, gray clouds. They were there before but... They didn't seem to form a funnel... Said funnel got nearer and nearer and nearer... Oh god how Jonghyun wished he was just asleep, he sure as hell didn't wanna experience a tornado - especially when his other members are out and he's here in his PJs.
 
He retreats to the farthest room from the window, he hoped Jinki's room was safe enough to hide him from the harsh wind that was about to pass him.


Perhaps it was the stupidest thing he could think of. What? He'd run down flights of stairs to save himself? He didn't even get to say goodbye to him friends yet...
 
He feels it, the strong rattling of the ceiling, the stomach-churning spinning of the room - if only Jonghyun came along with them, oh if only.
 
It was like a bad roller-coaster, wherein the designer didn't put the right seat-belts for the insanely bumpy ride. Jonghyun held on to dear life to that bed, the bed that smelled like his leader. He's surprised enough the he hasn't barfed on it yet, but he manages to last until the end of the monstrous coaster.
 
Once Jonghyun believes he has a chance to live, he steps out of the room, checking the damage of the dorm. Strangely, everything was normal, same interior and yet the outside was bright and sunny.
 
"That's odd..." he side-remarks to himself, not forgetting the fact that there was a huge tornado just a minute ago. He walks to their main entrance, putting on his canvas sneakers, and stares longily at the door.
 
With a sigh, he willingly opens the door, not even caring if maybe the tornado's after effects will hit him immediately when he does so.
 
The glare from the sun above him made him wince a bit, blocking it with his arm. Then he realizes that he was outside, knowing that he lived in a dorm house, he had expected a hallway - or a ruined one at that - and not an open area. He soon notices how his arms were now covered with sleeves. He curiously follows the queer orientation of his clothing from top to bottom...
 
He was in a dress. A pink skirted one at that. And to make matters worse, his hair is now completely long and red. It was a dream. It should be a dream! He doesn't wear dresses and definitely does not have red hair!
 
He wanders about the grassland, mindlessly following the road as he complains to himself about his looks. He should probably stay back at the dorm, but when he tried to open the door, it was locked. He would've used his damned keys but they were his pants, now only wearing a dress, he feels utterly lost forever.
 
He manages to walk by a cottage, wooden and simple, logs piled up in front, and yet no one seems to be living in their. The chimney didn't have smoke coming out of it, unusual for a house that owns so many logs. He, however, noticed a small pipe by the logs. He went closer to inspect it, and oddly enough, it looked like an arm.
 
"Hello?" he hollered out, trying to see if anyone was home. "Is anyone living here?! I need help to get home and I dunno how to..." he heard his own voice echo a bit before hearing the rustling of bushes from behind the quaint cottage.
 
He tries to approach the sound, but he finds some more pieces of metals scattered about. He grabs each one by one, seeing that each tin piece was looking like an arm, a foot, and even a . He starts to grow scared but continues to follow the trail of 'body parts' around the cottage.
 
He reaches the back of the cottage and sees a man's head behind the bush, lying down on the ground like he was sleeping.
 
"Uhm... Excuse me?" he cooed. The blond man across him just stirred but was still evidently asleep.
 
He got closer and closer to the sleeping man, but as he got closer, the more shocked he just got. The man was just a head, no proper body attached to him. He was so horrified he let our a shriek.
 
The man with the blond haired head finally woke up, and his eyes instantly locked with Jonghyun's frightened ones.
 
Jonghyun yelped as the figure started to move.
 
"W-wait! Don't leave-" the head said, wriggling itself on the grass. "Miss, please wait!"
 
Miss? Did that thing just call him a girl?!
 
Jonghyun stomped back to the head and glared at it. "Who are you calling a girl?!" he steps on the side of his face.
 
The head squirmed and blushed. "D-did I say 'girl'? I would have definitely called you a beautiful young lady." Flustered, the metallic head looked away a bit.
"Hey! I'm not some chick, look I even--" and as Jonghyun lifted his skirt to show, well, his , but white stockings trailed up to his embarrassing underwear. Perhaps it was too much for the body-less man so his face turn crimson and started burning the grass underneath him. She quickly dropped the hem of her dress and chest her body.
 
"Wh-what the hell?!" Jonghyun d his chest, and sure enough he was touching round globs. "Wh-why am I..."
 
The tin man wanted to look away at the girl groping herself, oh how he wanted to, but he was too mesmerized by her beauty. Her... Masculine beauty.
 
"Uh... I'm sorry to interrupt you... I... I don't even know your name... I don't wanna be hurt by calling you a 'Miss' again..."
 
"Oh... Well," Jonghyun seemed a bit disturbed. He doesn't really remember his whole name anymore. Weren't dreams like that? You forget your senses while everything around you Kent's changing abruptly.
 
"Jong..." he started. It was at the tip of his tongue! "Jongrothy?" it sounded wrong but it felt familiar enough.
 
"Really? I-it's a really pretty name," the tin man blushed. Jongrothy... Was that his name? Well, it doesn't make much sense but then again, this whole please doesn't make sense.
 
"So... Uhm... Tin guy... What's your name?" he said as he knelt down beside the said man's head.
 
The tin man blushed once again as the supposed woman got nearer.
 
"It's... T-TinKi..." he stuttered, face redder than ever.
 
Jongrothy smiled and picked up TinKi's head. "Well it's very nice to meet you."
 
"I know I'm not in the position to request this but... Can you please help put me together? I can't stand up by myself with my parts splayed everywhere."
 
"Oh sure thing," Jongrothy placed TinKi down on the grass while she tries to assemble him. She suddenly feels a bit more surreal, not noticing that she was already eluded into the world as red-haired girl.
 
She attached TinKi's head to the nearby torso, that already had an arm connected to it. She turns her back from TinKi and worked on his legs.
 
TinKi wanted to test if his hand if he could move it again, so when he did move it, it collided with Jongrothy's clothed .
 
With a painful sound of metal denting, Jongrothy stood aghast as she accidentally punched TinKi's face. "Oh my gosh!!"
 
"Ah... I'm so sorry, miss, I-- uh..." though Jongrothy was busy fixing his face, the close contact made TinKi flustered.
 
"It's alright, I guess it was an accident that you d my , so I can forgive you for now."
 
"I'm really sorry..."
 
Eventually TinKi was all fixed, oiled and ready. Standing taller than the red-haired girl by a mere few inches, he thanks her.
 
"If only there was a way I could repay you..." he spoke uneasily, shuffling as he stood near the girl.
 
Jongrothy pursed her lips and closed her eyes. Thinking. Thinking of a way she could get home.
 
TinKi, on the other hand, mistook her pondering face as a kissing gesture. He was quite nervous, he has never kissed anyone before.
 
"Y-you want th-that?" he muttered. Jongrothy didn't hear him properly because she was still thinking to herself.
 
He slowly came close to Jongrothy's face, puckering his lips like a fool. He was so nervous that face was heating up again.
 
Jongrothy opened her eyes, only to feel hot metallic lips on hers. She quickly slapped Tinki's face away and stepped back. "Wh-what do you think you're doing?!?!"
 
TinKi laid appalled on the grass as he looked up at the girl. "I-I..I was-- I was repaying you!" he spoke, obviously embarrassed, kneeling in front of her and bowing for forgiveness. "I didn't mean to misunderstand!"
 
Jongrothy once again took pity on the poor man, and forgave him.
 
"Look, I just need a way to get home. That's all."
 
"Home where?"
 
"Uhh... Seoul." if Jongrothy wasn't mistaken, it was Seoul. Right?
 
"Soul?" TinKi asked, a bit confused.
 
"No, you idiot, Seoul! Like in South Korea?"
 
"Where's that?" TinKi asked again, "I've never seen that in the map."
 
"Really? What kind of map doesn't have Asia on it?"
 
"I've never heard of 'Asia' before. Is that some place here in Oz?"
 
"Oz?" Jongrothy looked at his face blankly, having a slightly opened mouth hanging on it.
 
"Yes," the tin man nods. "Actually... If you really wanna leave so early... I can go with you to the wizard. He knows how to get you home. 
Actually, I have some things I need too."
 
A wizard huh? Jongrothy never really believed in magic and junk but made its best if she tried it out. Besides, this dreams was getting stranger.
 
"Sure, I'll go with you. But don't even think about kissing me again."
 
"I swear on my death bed." TinKi smiled, grabbing his axe along for protection.

--

"So... What did you wanna ask from the wizard?" Jongrothy spoke as they walked along the corn fields.

"O-oh me?" TinKi asked rather insecurely. "I... It's really boring so I'd rather not say."

Jongrothy leaned nearer, she watched his face turn away as she poked his shoulder. "Come on~ Tell me~!"

"I... But--" The blond tin man looked back at the red haired wonder of a woman. She looked at him with a spiteful grin but his chest heaved with nothingness.

"I'd let you kiss me once if you tell me~" The girl said in a singsong manner.

TinKi, though trying to uphold his mysterious side was about to spill his words. All before they heard a voice.

"Excuse me!" said one tall man. He was holding onto a shorter figure, a young lion-man.

"Oh hello there strangers!" Jongrothy called out to the two.

"Hi, excuse me, but do you two know where the road is? Me and my friend are kinda lost."
The tall man, as he came near, was thin and had straw coming out of his shirt. The other young figure was a lion-man. He hid behind the taller man and he seemed to carry a small cross. He was quivering, in a cute way but Jongrothy knew it was a fearful kind.

"Well... You're already on a road..." Jongrothy mentioned, pointing down on the feet of the straw man.

"We-we are? We are! Taeyeon we are on the road!" The scarecrow jumped in glee, hugging the Lion tightly.

"Taeyeon? Isn't that a girl's name?" TinKi asked, staring at the quivering lion.

"It is?" The scarecrow said, putting down the poor thing.

"I-- It... I guess..."

"Oh look what you did, TinKi! Poor thing's scared as hell!" Jongrothy quickly huddled up to Taeyeon and hugged him. Thankfully it soothed the young lion in her arms and it stopped sobbing.

TinKi wasn't pleased with the sight at all.

"N-noona..." The lion spoke, "What's your name?"

Jongrothy didn't know why she was pissed when she got called a girl again but she let the thought slip away. "The name's Jongrothy, and this is TinKi. What's your friend's name, Taeyeon?"

They pointed to the scarecrow dumbly picking out his own straw from his shirt. "Oh... He's ScareHo..."

"Might I ask why you guys are finding the road?" TinKi added, still glaring at how Taeyeon was clutching onto Jongrothy so tightly.

"We were hoping to find the wizard..."

"Really? We're looking for the wizard too!" Jongrothy said as she rattled the young lion.

"You're looking for the wizard? Us too!" ScareHo spoke as he finally caught up with the conversation.

"I already said that, Ho..." Taeyeon mentions as he facepalmed his forehead.

"What will you guys ask for?" Jongrothy said, as they started walking towards the direction TinKi spoke of. "I'm going to ask how I'm gonna get home."

"I'm gonna ask for a brain." ScareHo said, poking his head. "Apparently I'm not that smart."

"I-I'm going to ask for courage... B-because... As a lion, I should be brave but... I... I can't even be brave when it comes to meeting new people..."

"But you weren't scared of us, right?" Jongrothy patted the young lion on his messy-haired head.

"No, it's because noona is nice and pretty~" he spoke to her with gleaming eyes.

"Yah! Flattery will lead you no where." TinKi's eyes leered upon the lion, making it shudder and hide more onto Jongrothy's bosom chest.

The lion pouted,"I'm telling the truth!" he spoke as Jongrothy took more pity on him. "Anyway, what are you going to ask the wizard?"

TinKi's posture suddenly became sturdy and stayed silent. He saw how Jongrothy looked at him with anticipation.

"I... well it's..."

"Hey guys, look!" ScareHo yelled from behind them, "It's the wizard's castle!"

He pointed towards the distant brick structure beyond the road. "Are you sure that's the Wizard's castle?" Taeyeon asked.

"Of course! Don't you trust my instinct?" ScareHo frowned as he asked Taeyeon. The young lion yelped and looked at him longingly.

"F-fine. We'll go that way."

"What? You can't just trust a dimwit like that scarecrow!" TinKi went, catching up to the already walking group. "Jongrothy, listen!"

"I don't suppose you know where the Wizard is, right, TinKi?"  she asked him.

"Of course I do! It's in my map-" he patted his jumper.

He patted in once more, over the pocket and it was flat. "Uh... Gimme a minute..." he said, patting all over his body.

"You..." Jongrothy's aura changed and Taeyeon noticed, so he hid behind ScareHo as he shuddered. "didn't even know how to get there? And you were leading me somewhere anyway?!"

"Of course I know! The map was just for- uhm- just to make sure I was right!" TinKi protested, the last thing he wanted was to lose Jongrothy's trust.

"Now I'm staring to think its you who doesn't own a brain," the red-haired girl sighed. "Well, right now, I can only trust these two since they actually know where to go."

"B-but you met me first!" the tin man tried to appeal, but the girl was stubborn.

"And? What if you were planning to kill me with that axe the whole time? You, Taeyeon, and ScareHo are all equally new people to me. And right now, they have my trust." she spoke as she walked away, heading towards the castle in the far off distance.

--

The four walked along the bricked road, one colored with an odd pink shade, Jongrothy leading mostof the way.

TinKi, however, was beside her, walking silently. He looked sadder than before, moping a bit as the guilt in him piled up.

"I'm not mad at you," a voice told him. He looked to his right and noticed Jongrothy holding onto his wrist. "Just pissed."

"There isn't much of a contrast between the two." he mumbled to her, more guilt accumulating.

"Well yeah, but it's not like I really don't trust you. Afterall, you didn't hesistate to go with me in the first place."

TinKi could feel his metal face heat up, as her soft smile faced him. It wasn't long before she lets go of his wrist and turns her attention to Taeyeon.

They walked in mild silence, ScareHo occasionally making lame puns and Taeyeon laughed strangely along with them. TinKi wanted to take this opportunity to make a small move on Jongrothy, at least hold her hand.

Timidly and hesitantly, he sways his hand a bit, in time with hers, and as he was about to grab her hand, she brought it up to comb her hair. Instantly, instead on grabbing her hand, he grabbed a handful of the hem of her dress.

A glare, a pristine yet dark glare met his eyes.

"I-I..." it was like an electric shock. He couldn't let go of her skirt, he was paralyzed with fear. "It's not-"

"-what it looks like?" she continued with sarcasm. "You're grabbing a fistful of my skirt, and you're trying to tell me 'IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE'?!" she roared, Taeyeon quickly hiding behind ScareHo.

"I-I-I was trying to hold your hand, okay?!" he yelped, quickly dodging Jongrothy's punch. She paused for a while and leered at him.

TinKi looked up at her, shuddering, and their eyes met. Jongrothy looked into his sincere eyes before throwing a punch anyway.

---

"So.... This the wizard's castle?" Jongrothy asked, looking up at the dark castle they stood in front of.


It was gray, with burnt bricks and a sandy plain. It had willow trees and barely any animals in the yard.

"Well, it is a castle." ScareHo pointed out. "We can use trial and error to see which castle is the wizard's castle~!"

"I don't think we need to check this one.... It... It's scary!" Taeyeon whimpers behind Jongrothy.

TinKi scanned the place before stepping backwards."Yeah, maybe we should skip this one-"

"WHO DARES INTRUDE MY TERRITORY!" a shrill voice yelled from the tower above them.

TinKi stood in front of Jongrothy to protect her, the rest gladly hid behind him. He soon regrets it when the owner of the voice swooped down to them.

"YOU! Who are you FOOLS to disturb my peace!?" the witch asked, her thick kohl eyeliner piercing them with sharp gazes.

"Well, maybe if you would stop shouting, there'd be a lot more peace around here," Jongrothy sasses, stepping in front of TinKi.

"Y-you !" the witch snarled as she now tries to whack Jongrothy with her broom. Thankfully TinKi defended her with her tin arm but it was now dented.

"T-TinKi!"

"It's alright-" he smiled, "I didn't feel it."

"Then maybe you'll feel this!" the witch shouted before swinging her broom at him again. The blow was on his head this time and it knocked him out. Taeyeon and Scareho raced to the tin body on the ground.

"T-TinKi no!" Jongrothy cried, running to tinman's body.

"Wow, that was fast. I guess I'm done here." the witch dusted her hands and was about to mount her broom, but Jongrothy stopped her with a hard punch.

"OW! What the hell?!"

"How dare you hurt TinKi!" she yelled as she starts to throw punches at the witch. Taeyeon and ScareHo joining her suit.

Eventually, with the help of some oil, they were able to remove the eyeliner (it was her source of power) and tie her up. TinKi could only watch in his battered position. He could save Jongrothy himself.

"Y-you brats! This is no way to treat a wizard!!" the witch... Wizard said.

"Wizard? B-but aren't you a witch?" Taeyeon questioned, pulling on the wizard's hair.

"No? Why can't a man just crossdress and not be judged huh?" The wizard huffed, still glaring at Jongrothy.

"Oh my goodness, we- we are so sorry! We were looking for the wizard in need of help... We didn't mean to beat you up..."

"Yeah, well, too late for that. But fine, since it's been a while since I've actually fought someone, I'll congratulate you guys for a job well done. Bring me into castle and let me put on my eyeliner."

--

"So," the wizard - now introduced as just "Key" - sat on his throne and looked at the four travelers. "I can only help you with one problem each. You're up lion boy."

Taeyeon whimpered as he was called. "I-I... I want c-courage..."

"And for what purpose?"

"I..." his eyes lingered to ScareHo for a bit before the wizard interrupted his thoughts.

"If you need courage, you have to have it yourself. He's never going to know if you don't tell him yourself." he looked at him with powerful eyes.

When Taeyeon heard this, he had a sudden boost of charisma and... Courage. He

Turned to ScareHo and looked at him sincerely. "ScareHo... We've been friends for a long time already and yet... I haven't confessed that I... I like you. I don't care if you don't have a brain, I like you even if you don't! I just haven't told you yet because... I didn't have the courage to tell you... Until now."

"Taeyeon..." the scarecrow said. "I-I feel the same way!" he said as he hugged the lion boy.

TinKi and Jongrothy watched the romantic scene, TinKi turning a bit red.

"How about you, Scarecrow? What did you come here for?" Key asked right before they were about to kiss.

"Oh... Well I was going to ask for a brain but since Taeyeonnoe said I don't need need because having him is better than having a brain."

Key then turned to TinKi and asked him for what he wanted. Jongrothy paid close attention because he never once said what he wanted.

"Sir Wizard..."

"Don't call me 'sir'."

"Great wizard, I appear before today as a simple tin man. An empty metal man at that. Throughout my whole life, I've been empty and lonely. I figured that maybe if I had a heart, I know how to love someone and not feel so empty all the time. And with that heart I can properly love someone, someone who will love me back."

Jongrothy was taken aback with his request. She never once thought about TinKi as someone who was lonely. She met him all alone, in his own small part in the woodlands. She never realized how lonely he really was.

"Tin man, I may be a wizard, but giving you a human heart needs a sacrifice of another. And that is something I obviously cannot do for you."

"Oh... It's alright I--"

"However," the wizard added "I can already see that you have... Someone else's heart."

TinKi looked up at him with surprise, but the wizard pointed toward the person beside him, and well, it was Jongrothy.

"TinKi... Today... Today I experienced a lot of crazy things. Especially when I met you. TinKi, even if I've pushed you away a lot... I wanted you to know that you already had a heart... You had my heart."

With that TinKi felt alive again, so live that his metallic body turned into skin, into human skin. All he needed was love, her love. And that love turned him purely into a human.

"Wow things escalate quickly, don't they." the wizard commented, not even bothering to stop himself before TinKi and Jongrothy kissed.

Jongrothy never knew she could fall in love like this. Maybe she was always in love. But... She had a home... A home she can barely remember but it was still home.

"Hey missy, could you give him a breather and tell me your request?"

"Oh... I... Well I'm not sure anymore. N-now that I've realized my feelings for TinKi... It seems like going home is a harder decision..."

"You wanted to go home?"

"Yeah... But since I've got new friends... I can't just leave them..." she looks at Taeyeon, Scareho and TinKi with the most longing eyes.

The wizard walked up to her and placed her hand gently on her shoulder. "Well... If you really wanted to go home... All you have to do is... WAKE UP JJONG!"

--

"Oh my god, seriously we are never leaving you home during movie night ever again. You watched one without us and completely left the TV on while you slept!"

The was the wizard's voice... No it was Kibum.... Kibum? Oh god- "Kibum!" he jolted up.

It was a dream. Just a dream... No wonder so many random  happened.

"Yes, it is I, the magnificent Kibum, now get your off the couch, and help me get dinner ready."

"Dinner? Is it evening already?"

When Minho greeted him, he was reminded of the Scarecrow from his dream. "Hyung, can you help Taemin with his paper bags? We were kinda late because of the line for the convenience store. But we got lots of snacks for later."

"Yeah but majority of these chips are mine." Taemin chimed.

"Excuse me, but I thought I made it clear that the big chips were mine?" Jinki popped in, carrying a few more paper bags with some drinks.

"TinKi!" Jonghyun launched himself onto the leader and hugged him fondly.

"TinKi? Who is TinKi?"

"I-I mean Jinki... Welcome home hyung~" he hugged him more.

"By the way, Jjong we have to tell you about the CF we'll be making for the Wizard concert~!"

---

They made they way to the kitchen - Kibum, Taemin and Minho we're all changing there clothes- and Jinki slid his arms around Jonghyun's waist.

"Mind telling me what you did while we were away?"

"Well, I tried to watch a movie but I kinda fell asleep when it started. But I had a nice dream." Jonghyun smiled as he tried to prepare Kibum's ingredients.

"Hmm, was I in your dream?"

"Don't you think by now you're always in my dreams?"

"I'm just making sure of it." Jinki chuckled as he pecked Jonghyun's nape. The elder walked out of the kitchen and Kibum walked in.

"Jjong, where's the cooking oil?"

---





A/n:  HIDES FROM ALL YOUR JUDGING

sorry :((( its such a PWP fic I can't even :( I'm kinda sad about it because I realized I didn't think much of it through... Me and my friends on twitter created a small idea because of the cuteness on TinKi holding her hand...

I didn't know how to make a y Jinki. >/////< *cries* I'm so sorry :(((

dreams = crack fic worthy? lol bye

But I hope you liked it ;w;

hi vrenille unnie~!