Rooted

Rooted

“Hyung, what’s taking you so long?”

Jonghyun shouted from the living room as he carried five paper bags filled with Christmas presents towards the door and placed them there for convenience’s sake.

It was early afternoon on Christmas Eve and Kibum & Minho were expecting them at their house for their annual Christmas party. Yet, looking at the time on his watch, Jonghyun and Jinki were on the verge of being late.

“We have to leave the house in 5 or else we’ll be late! You know how Kibum is so particular about being punctual…” Jonghyun said in a volume louder than usual as he quickly cleared the dishes from the table and placed them in the sink.

“Jjong!” Jinki’s cry for help traveled from their room, “Could you come in for a sec? Remember how Kibum wanted me to dress up for the kids… I wanted to make sure the outfit fits before we left but now, I need your help because I can’t seem to get-”

When Jinki sensed movement in the room and looked up to find Jonghyun stuck at the doorway staring at him in a way that made him nervous and a little afraid, the words died in his throat. His hands instantly stopped his futile attempts to tear the strong Velcro apart and fell to his sides. With Jonghyun’s eyes watching his every move, Jinki his suddenly dry lips and cleared his throat, letting out an awkward laugh.

“Jjong…”

In the next moment, Jonghyun was coming towards him in a speed so fast that the next thing Jinki knew, he had been tackled onto their bed with his boyfriend now lying partially on top of him and hugging him like his life depended on it.

Jinki almost couldn’t breathe with Jonghyun hugging him so tightly. And with the bulky Christmas tree outfit restricting him even more, Jinki ended up coughing a couple of times as he adjusted himself in Jonghyun’s strong arms and let out a huge sigh.

“Aren’t we late?” Jinki spoke into Jonghyun’s shirt, “Jjong… please just help me out of this so we can get moving.”

“Never.”

“Kim Jonghyun.”

“How am I supposed to let you go when you’re looking this fcking adorable?”

Jinki released yet another audible sigh and decided it would probably be best if he relaxed himself because this, without a doubt, was going to take some time…

*

“Where the hell are you, Jinki hyung?! Everyone’s here and waiting for the two of you to come! I swear, hyung, you better have a good explanation to why you and Jjong aren’t here yet…”

“Umm, I think you might be happy to hear that I have the Christmas tree outfit on… but I don’t know where my jeans went and Jjong doesn’t want to let me go-”

Jinki couldn’t say he wasn’t a bit happy when Kibum hung up on him. Because, well, with Jonghyun smiling so smugly at him as he continued to trail soft kisses along his thigh, Jinki knew the Christmas party could wait.

 

Author's Note: because we all know we would do what Jjong did... or maybe it's just me. hahaha. urgh, if Lee Jinki isn't the cutest christmas tree ever... asdfghjkl goodbye! hope you enjoyed the short read!