Match Met.

Activating Feelings

When the sun rose, so did Jaeyang. Her eyes opened but it took a while for her vision to clear and she felt extremely light headed. As she pushed herself up, excruciating pain shot throughout her body causing her to flinch while her face remained stoic. She looked around her and saw the pool of blood she had been lying in. The little colour that she had in her naturally pale face had drained away and her lips were chapped due to dehydration and the huge loss of blood that she encountered. The soldiers managed to hit her, a lot.

She pulled her knapsack towards her and put in the gloves she had been wearing. She then pulled out a pair of tweezers from the small fist aid kit she had on hand and began pulling out the bullets that were lodged in her arms and thighs. She counted the number of bullets she had pulled out and she could only think that it was a miracle to have survived 13 shots. She closed her eyes for a moment as she drifted in and out of consciousness before snapping back to reality. She knew that she had to patch up before passing out or she wouldn't wake up again.

She pulled out the bottle cleansing saline from her bag and started to treat her wounds, rather sloppily. After cleaning up, she wrapped up all her wounds with a bandage then pulled out the small bottle of water she had and downed it before throwing the plastic bottle off into some random direction. Her vision was becoming blurry and she knew that her body couldn't take it anymore, she was lacking too much blood. She took deep, steady breaths and finally passed out.

 

 

The next time Jaeyang had woken up, an entire day had passed. She tried to get used to the light as she opened her eyes and the heat of the afternoon sun beat down on her causing her to sweat profusely. She stood up, her body still hurting, and looked for the closest water source. She looked towards the small town and contemplated whether she should go in but decided against it as she thought she would garner too much attention because there was still blood on her face.

She walked towards east of where she was lying down and found a stream. She unwrapped all her wounds and then stepped in to the stream, the dried blood on her clothes washing away and flowing down the stream. As she slowly submerged her body in the water, she closed her eyes, feeling overwhelming pain overcome her being. Taking the blood stained bandages, she pushed them into the water and began to clean them the best she could.

After sitting in the water for a good 5 minutes and seeing that the water flowing past her had become clear, Jaeyang looked around cautiously before pulling off the elastics of her mask and setting it on the bank of the stream. She took in a deep breath of fresh air, somewhat thankful that the stuffy mask was off. She cupped her hands and put them in the water before splashing the water on her face. She wiped the sides of her face, cleaning off all the blood and dirt that was stuck to her face and hair. Her hair elastic was taken off as well and she began washing her hair. She felt the sand in her hair as she ran her hand through it.

Once she was done washing up, Jaeyang got out of the water and began to free herself of some of her clothes so that she could dry them. She pulled off her jacket and long pants, leaving her in her tight black singlet and shorts. She hung her wet articles of clothing on the branch of a tree by the stream and then sat down beneath the tree.

With her knees arched off the ground slightly, she began to re-wrap the wounds on her thighs and then proceeded on to wrap the wounds of her arms. When she was almost done, her ears picked up the sound of the tall grass rustling. Her brows creased as she stopped what she was doing and climbed up on the tree above her, hanging all her belongings on a higher branch.

As she slipped the elastic bands of her mask behind her ears making sure to not make any sound, she hid behind the leaves of the trees and peered down to see who it was. It was clearly a male, dressed in black with a face mask just like hers. He scanned his surroundings, like he was looking for something, or rather, someone.

He walked towards the tree and crouched down to touch the fresh blood that was on the ground. He then looked up and Jaeyang could recognize those eyes anywhere. It was those pair of eyes that looked hard but held so much more emotion than the eyes of the free. She noticed that although he was looking, he couldn't really see her behind the thick leaves of the tree.

Kim Myungsoo.

 

 

Myungsoo had left after a few minutes and headed towards the nearby town instead of back to the North. She knew what he was here for, what his mission was and what he had to do. She knew what was coming for her and she was ready for it. Jaeyang swore that she would kill all the people that raided Kijong, or die trying.

When her clothes dried a decent bit, she put on the damp articles of clothing and began to move forward, knowing she couldn't stay close to the KDZ any longer. She was always on her toes, being attentive to her surroundings while trying to act as natural as possible although her clothes did attract a lot of eyes as she walked through the shabby town.

She was reaching the end of the town when she heard a strange tapping sound, more like footsteps.

"You're not that good for an assassin," she said and then looked up on the rooftop of the buildings. He couldn't be seen but she knew he was there. Her ears caught a foreign sound coming from behind her and she reached down to her dagger pouch and pulled one out before turning around swiftly and holding the dagger up to Myungsoo's throat. "maybe you should quit."

She moved her face closer to his as she provoked him. If they weren't wearing masks, they would be able to feel each others' breaths on their faces. She pressed the blade of the knife against his neck, if either were to move at all it would have slit his throat. Jaeyang stood there for a moment and looked him in the eyes. She then retracted her knife and ran off into an alley way before climbing her way up onto the rooftop of a building and then silently slipping out of town.

 

 


[a/n]

So here Myungsoo meets Jaeyang after about 4 years.
Shall I write the next chapter from Myungsoo's side?
Whichever point of view it is, I will definitely elaborate on Myungsoo in the next chapter :)

Please drop a comment below with some feedback and please point out any of my mistakes, it will be a big help for me in this contest ^^