[Chen/Liyin] Complementary

EXO Drabbles~!

drabble — 438 wc
tumblr mirror

 

 

Jongdae is constantly surrounded by beauty but Liyin is a different kind of beautiful; she is beautiful like the ocean during sunset, beautiful like the sound of leaves rustling in trees, beautiful like the sweet smell of flowers in spring. Liyin’s smile and laugh and the pearly whites of her teeth hidden behind pretty pink lips are mesmerizing, and Jongdae finds that at times he simply can’t look away, not when there is so much about her to watch―to learn.

 

The thing about Liyin, as Jongdae had discovered through all of his staring, is that she didn’t say half as much as her movements revealed; the smooth curve of her back as she sits straight and poised in her seat, the nervous habit of her hand brushing her dark hair over her shoulder, the way she grins so shyly when she catches Jongdae watching her, his fondness for her emanating from every pore. She is so ethereal to him, so perfect, and he is so obvious with his affections―even more so when he tries in vain to hide them―because he is still too young and naïve to understand how to curb it.

Liyin is careful and hesitant because she understands what it’s like to live in their world, a world of stars that are always under scrutiny, but sometimes even she feels herself being carried away by Jongdae’s charm and friendliness. In a way he is her complete inverse; he is loud where she is quiet, his eyes crinkling so perfectly as his shoulders shake with laughter, his motions lively and teasing, the way he takes charge of a conversation and always knows just what to say.

However, even with this decorative behavior of his he somehow manages to compliment her gentleness impeccably, toning down to let her shine through; Jongdae has always been overwhelming in personality and character but he knows when to be discreet, when to hold back and appreciate Liyin’s charming smile and even more charming nature. Perhaps this is why he stares a bit too much, eyes lingering even long after they shouldn’t, following her naturally with his gaze without even thinking about it. He treats Liyin with so much admiration and thoughtfulness that at times she doesn’t even feel like she deserves his attention and care.

And yet they work together impeccably, their chemistry on and off camera irresistible. Even behind the scenes Jondae watches Liyin speak in her soft tones instead of overpowering hers with his own; he watches her move and laugh and simply exist.

If Jongdae was the sun, bright and irresistible, then Liyin was the moon, elegant and stunning.







 

a/n: i’m just overwhelmed with chen/liyin feels. she is just so cute and cuddly, ugh. they make such a pretty pair! ; u ;