Final

A New Year's Present

Dec 31, 2013.

Life is challenging, he thought when Byun Baekhyun had shoved him out of their shared apartment ; forcing him to go socialize with human beings.

He scoffed, kicked the door hard (Which caused him to winch) before sighing in a very dejected way.
What the hell was he going to do in new year's eve, ALONE?!

Kris doesn't understand why Baekhyun cares about Kris' status more than the said man did.
It's not his fault that he was single while Baekhyun had that Kim Jongin of his to cuddle with and it's certainly not his fault either that he was born socially awkward.

Kris was meant for his comfy apartment room and vice-versa ; not for the outside world with cheesy couples swirling around the street.No.

And there was no way he was going to walk, dangling his lanky hands, through the never ending road in winter's night.
Kris is sane enough.

Sighing, he brought himself to sit in front of the apartment's building ; it's still outside.

The phone vibrates, it's annoying tone filled the chilly air and Kris groaned ; knowing full too well that it's certainly was Byun Baekhyun.

    From : Baek Bird
Get your up, go anywhere just don't sit there like the moron you are.
Don't think that I'm not watching.
Get your up as fast as possible or I'll kiss you. 

The thought of Baekhyun kissing him made him cringe ; Byun Baekhyun kissing Wu Yi Fan. Ew.

And so, Kris picked himself up ever so reluctantly, trudging himself to God knows where.

He pulled up his collar, blowing at his frozen hands, praying that this won't turn as screwed up as he had imagined.

His feet dragged him to places that were so strange yet so familiar to him and he felt lost ; all alone in the middle of the street.
If only murder wasn't a crime, he would have murdered Byun Baekhyun first thing first that day.

His eyes caught sight of a park, filled with variety of colored lights ; out of instinct he sprinted his way to the park, he could at least rest for now.

A sigh escaped his lips before he puffed his cheeks out ; the things he does for Byun Baekhyun, the lame excuse of a friend.

The park was quite packed ; with couples and families celebrating their respective New Year's eve and Kris sat there at a bench, feeling out of place.

An hour has passed, the park wasn't as packed as before and Kris had no intention to leave or go back to his apartment yet ( who knows what disgusting things those two humans can do at the apartment)

He stared at his palms ; distracting himself for a little while, that was the only thing he could do.

The winter breeze slapped right at his face and Kris secured the scarf across his neck, force-pulled his collar to cover his face even more.

He was too occupied on warming his semi-frozen body to notice a certain someone had taken a seat by his side ; doing the exact same thing as Kris.

*** 

   From : Baek

Did they start any convo yet? 

   To : Baek

No. Those two awkward poles will take forever just to say a simple 'Hi'

   From : Baek

Ikr! Do you think this will work?

   To : Baek

Only if the two are men enough to open their damned mouth.

   From : Baek

Keep me updated!

*** 

"Here, have something warm to drink."
The latter stared strangely at him and Sehun could feel the heat, creeping up his cheeks.
Clearing his throat, he spoke once again "It's okay if you don't want to."

Sehun was about to retreat his extended hand with the hot chocolate in it when the latter took it ; mumbling a small 'thanks'

His lips curled up into a smile and if he saw it right ; he could see the latter's tiny smile along with the red tints across the latter's cheeks.
IF he saw it right.

***

   To : Baek

Bleh, Sehun made the first move.
I know Kris is a sissy from the very beginning.

    From : Bae

Correction. A giant sissy. 

*** 

The silence between them was strangely comfortable but such silence was plain awkward if it was to be extended for a longer period.

Fidgeting with his fingers, Kris contemplated on to whether struck a conversation with the other or just sit there quietly like the dumbo he was.
He doesn't have to speak to a stranger, right?
But there was this little, annoying feeling that pestered him to. Well, let's say ; Kris just wanted to speak with the blonde stranger.

He was about to open his mouth when the other beat him up to it.
"Are you okay? You're fidgeting, are you feeling cold?"

"No, I'm fine. I was wondering if YOU were okay because you were so quiet."

Right there and then, he wanted to both mentally and physically punch himself.
Basically, there is no human in this universe who would pull up any conversation with random strangers.
How silly of him.

Kris chuckled nervously before clearing his throat "I mean people here are being loud."

Sehun giggled softly " You're quiet yourself."

"That's because I'm alone."

                           "Well, Do you see me having a companion?"

Again, Kris is just so good at making a fool of himself.

Turning to his side, his heart fluttered at the way Sehun smiled at him : with those eyes turning into crescent moons.

"Oh Sehun is the name."

                                     "Wu Yi Fan. Nice to know you."

***

   To : Baek

Oooh, they're getting comfortable with each others' presence and are actually fooling around.
I can smell the newly blooming love.~~

   From : Baek

Oh Dear Lord! REALLY?!
Are they still at the same park?

   To : Baek

Yes, Oh wait..,
They're heading somewhere , better catch up.

***

The younger sat quietly while Kris ordered for their dinner. 
It was ridiculous to say the least ; an hour ago they were just mere strangers and now they're at the restaurant, sitting and talking as if they were good friends for ages.

People can cringe at the amount of time they got close to each other ; but the two could only care less because there is this certain comfort they found in one another and they liked it, loved it maybe.

Sehun munched his food slowly, failing to notice Kris' fond-stare but not until he looked up and could feel his cheeks burn for the nth time today.
And he could almost swear his heart stopped beating for a moment when he saw the older smiled his gummy smile.

The dinner ended pretty quick for both of their likings.
Soon, they were in the busy street of Seoul, walking their way home. 
Kris had insisted to walk the latter home and Sehun didn't make any effort to decline.

They were half way to their destination when Kris held Sehun's hand in his and Sehun smiled to himself, tightening his grip around Kris'.
It somehow felt right.

"Here it is, my apartment."
The disappointment latched in the younger's sentence made Kris chuckle ; I wish the walk was longer too.

Sehun was about to enter the entrance's door when Kris swirled him around by the wrist.
He placed a chaste kiss on the younger's crown ; feeling accomplished when the younger bit his lip and smiled.

"Meet me at the Han River, at 12 this night."
And Kris left after pecking the younger's lips, he left far too quick to hear Sehun's low reply of "I will."
Because, he knew for once, he could celebrate new year with someone and it might stay that way ; All thanks to Byun Baekhyun, previously known as 'the lame excuse of a friend.'

***

   To : Taozi

Mission accomplished?

   From : Taozi

Mission accomplished. No more thirdwheels in our apartment.

  To : Taozi

YEHET!

 

[Note : IDEK wut i just wrote .-.
and oh, you can ship tao with nyone here :3 
lastly, HAPPY NEW YEAR! ^^

PS. Please excuse the typos, thank you xD]