Second Year

♡ Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

₀₁

Jieun stretched her arms all the way up, interrupted from a good slumber due to the sun, which flared its rays into her half closed eyes. She headed towards her dresser, brushed her hair, and wore the normal uniform and cape over her underclothing, for it was just an ordinary day at Kirin Academy of Magic. For the finishing touch, she draped her dark cloak around her shoulder, which notified teachers what grade level she belonged in and tied the top two ends around her neck.

─────────────────────────

"Everyone, congratulations on becoming second year students!" An old woman in the front of the study hall announced. "My name is Mrs. Kim, with the element of Earth, and I'm a new teacher for Kirin to give lectures on earth magic this year-

So, can anyone tell me what are the four elements?" She continued.

"Ah, yes." A tall, handsome boy stood up with one of his hands wrapped around a rose. "Fire, water, earth, and wind." He answered

Mrs. Kim looked through her seating chart and nodded her head. "Thank you, err.. Chanyeol-shi." He sat down and let the teacher continue.

"Earth is an important magical element, since it governs the creation of all things. And to make you understand that, I'll start out by having you all master alchemy." She grabbed something out of her cape and placed it down on the table in front of her. There, everyone's eyes were on three, flat, and small rocks. She pulled out her wand and pointed it towards the pebbles, followed by a chant or spell coming out of . Almost immediately, those rocks changed into a different and shiny color.

Another student almost leaped out of her seat in amusement. "Is that gold?!" Yuri blurted out.

"No, it's brass."

"Awh-" The same student sighed and slouched back into her seat.

"Now, let's have someone re-demonstate what I just did." The teacher looked around the room and pointed to a student all the way in the back, taking down notes with a quill. "You up there." She pointed to her, making the rest of the students gasp in horror. "What's your name?"

"Jieun." The female student stood up and bowed. "Lee Ji Eun."

"U-Uhm, teacher. I-I suggest you don't pick her." Her classmate waved his arms around in fear, making the rest of the students nod in agreement in unison.

"It's really dangerous! I'd rather do it myself than have Jieun do it." Yuri, again spoke, causing Jieun to clench her fist in frustration.

"Dangerous? What's so dangerous about alchemy?" Mrs. Kim questioned.

"I'LL DO IT! PLEASE LET ME DO IT!" Jieun smacked both of her hands on her wooden desk and pleaded.

"Very well."

Everyone else in the classroom widened their eyes and some even hid under their desk. "Zero, don't do it!" Yuri shouted.

The girl rolled her eyes and continued. "Shut up, you're distracting me." She raised her wand pointed it to a different pile of rocks, saying the same chant. 

The rocks did the same thing to what Mrs. Kim's did- but that was only for a few seconds. 

Afterwards..

"ADAGFHEJDJWIDUWGFBAKSKQIDH." The entire classroom was filled with smoke and the rocks exploded into even tinier pieces all over the floor.

"S-SEE WHAT I MEAN?" Yuri pounded her fist on a hard surface.

Jieun wiped some dust off her face with a napkin and pouted. "It was only a little mistake, alright?"

"How is this even little?!" Chanyeol growled, pointed around the room.

─────────────────────────

Walking down the administrator office, Jieun shut the door behind her and walked down the stairs. 

"So how was it?"

"Are you finally getting kicked out?" Yuri and Chanyeol's girlfriend, Hana cackled.

"No punishment." She walked passed by the two and spoke in a monotone voice.

"Eh?! Why?" 

"They said that the teacher carries part of the responsibility, since she let me use magic. Even though the class warned her."
 
The two girls bursted out in laughter, after thinking about what happened earlier.

"Shut up, I was only having a bad day." Jieun bit her bottom lip.

"Well, you seem to be having a bad day everyday. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I wonder what kind of familiar spirit you will summon." Hana smirked.

Jieun stopped walking and turned towards her, in the same spot. "HMMPH. I have great confidence when it comes to the Summoning Servant spell, so just you watch! I'll summon a sacred, beautiful, and strong familiar spirit that will be unmatched to everyone else's." She pointed and finally walked away.

─────────────────────────

Being back in her own dorm, she wore her night gown and jumped onto her bed. 

*I have great confidence when it comes to the Summoning Servant spell!*

"Aishh- I should have never said that." Jieun dug her head in a pillow and groaned.

─────────────────────────

All of the second years gathered in front of the building. "Today is the day of your summoning, which will also be your first exam and as well as the sacred day of your first encounter with your familiar spirit, who you will spend the rest of your life with as a part of an aristocratic family." A male teacher with a tag that reads Mr. Jang announced.

Hana carefully watched the other students doing their job. "If a weird familiar spirit were to be summoned in this situation, it would be a life-long embarrassment." She mumbled to herself.

All do the sudden, Chanyeol came up behind her and seductively spoke. "I'm sure a lovely and cute familiar spirit will come to you, Hana."

His girlfriend nodded and chuckled. "Obviously."

"They say that the summoned familiar spirit is a perfect match for its summoner, so I might as well summon a-"

"Next." The male teacher interrupted what he was saying.

"Oh right." The conceited boy walked into the middle and fixed his hair. "It's me, Mr. Jang. Park Chan Yeol, who shall summon the most amazing familiar spirit in the history of this school. And then, the school's fame shall also-"

"Enough with the monologue, Chanyeol. You have a line of other people behind you." The teacher facepalmed.

"Well then-" Chanyeol cleared his throat and waved his rose, which acted as his wand, around. After saying his chant, the ground within everyone's feet shook as if there was an earthquake. The dirt rose at the area in front of him. "AEHHHHHAHHHHSKEKDJWJDJWJDN." He screamed, surprised at what he just summoned.

─────────────────────────

While the other students before him summoned cats, birds, lizards, and normal looking familiar spirits, Chanyeol was stuck with an animal that resembled a manatee and a proboscis monkey- but a cute one with big brown eyes.

On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter