A Beautiful Breakup

A Beautiful Breakup

Hyojin's POV

We've been together for four months and it hurts me to even think it could ever end. I will never go into the details but I knew he had to leave me and never come back. It hurts but I know I won't be able to stop him. I didn't want to be a burden in his life. I know he loves me and always will. But unlike my first breakup with someone, this was different. This one left an impression on me...

Flashback

I haven't seen him for quite some time and he had told me that he wanted to say his goodbyes. Knowing me, I was a bit hesitant whether or not to see him. I didn't want to cry and whine because of him leaving but I knew I had to see him. I knew I didn't want it to be like the previous one I had before.

He looked at me and smiled. "I missed you..." he said, still having that familiar gummy smile on his face. I smiled softly at him, just looking at him before he continued speaking. "Thank you for everything...."

That's when my emotions took over or at least part of it. I couldn't hold myself back and I ran to him and hugged him as tightly as I can. I didn't want to let him go. My eyes slowly closed as I held back the tears that desperately wanted to come out. 

"You'll be fine. You're a strong girl..."

I nodded slowly, not saying anything because I know if I opened my mouth, I'll end up crying.

"Let it out, Hyojin..." He patted my head. As if it were a command, I quickly buried my face into his chest. "I won't forget you. You'll always be in my heart."

I looked at him, wiping some of the tears from my cheeks and kissed his cheek softly before whispering, "Thank you for being my prince." He had always been a prince to me. Especially when he would kiss my hand and carry me. It hurt knowing that it was all about to end.

He kissed my forehead and whispered into my hair, loud enough for me to hear. "I may be gone but I know there is someone that will make your life better more than I did."

Better? That's something that's hard for me to believe but I knew he was right. I nodded and looked up at him. "Saranghae oppa. Even though it's going to be hard for me to move on, I know that I'll try to because you want to see me happy and not cry all the time." That was something I learned from my first breakup. I used to cry all the time but the way Hyukjae was being with me made me feel safe and okay. It made me feel like I could actually do what he wishes for me to do.

He smiled at me and ruffled my hair. "That's my girl. Don't let yourself be stuck in the past again, okay?" In the past, I used to cry and cry over my ex and would always get angry and not know what to do. But with him, I won't be like that. Although I know it'll be hard to compare him with others because he was the one that made my heart go beat like crazy.

I nodded, agreeing with a promise to him. "At least you never made me cry before so I only have good memories..." It was true. There was only one time that he had scared me and that was when I had a relapse and started hating on my ex again and crying. In the past, he actually was upset and thought I didn't love him like I said I did. But I wouldn't really call that a bad memory because that one was one of the ones that made us stronger.

He caressed my cheek with his thumb and wiped my tears off slowly. "You made this year for me better. And you taught me something as well..."

I taught him something? I looked at him with curious eyes and tilted my head. "I did?" All this time I thought I was learning more from him. "What did I teach you?" I couldn't think of what it could possibly be.

"To be patient, open minded, creative, take risks, and lastly, you taught me how to love unconditionally..." he smiled at me.

This caused me to blush and I pecked his lips lightly. "You're going to make me cry again..."

He didn't want to see me cry and chuckled. "Sorry. Now let me see that smile of yours that made my heart skip a beat."

I blinked several times and mumbled something to myself about having a Skip Beat marathon later before flashing him my smile, a soft laugh escaping past my lips.

He smiled. "Good and don't forget to always smile. It won't only brighten your day but everyone around you."

I nodded at him and smiled before looking at him again. "Umm... can Jinnie have a..." I was scared to ask him for a kiss but I ended up tapping my lips, giving him a hint of me wanting one. It wasn't because I was scared of him saying no. But I was scared of not wanting it to end. I didn't want it to end.

He looked at me, tilting his head before inching closer and closer to my face before kissing my lips. This kiss was different from all the other kisses we've ever shared. Why? Because both of us put our feelings into it without holding back and without taking our clothes off. Because we knew this was going to be the last one. After a few moments, we broke the kiss and looked at each other.

There was a short moment of silence before I broke it. "Thank you Prince Hyukkie..." I whispered, blushing.

"Thank you too. I'm going to miss this and you.."

I smiled and nodded. "Me too..."

"So.... I guess this is goodbye. At least I'll leave with a happy smile on my face." He smiled at me. I nodded and let the last of my tears start rolling down my cheeks again. He bowed and waved to me as he said goodbye. I made a heart with my hands and waved to him as he started to leave. "Byebye my forever Prince Hyukkie..." My waves started to get more and more frantic to the point that I was waving like crazy like a child.

He kissed his thumb and made a thumbs up at me. I recognized it as the goodbye salute for Super Junior. I never knew what it was called but it was a way of showing affection and saying farewell. "And one more thing... take care of your health!" 

I nodded, laughing softly. I knew he was going to say that to me because I had a hard time taking care of myself and always got sick easily but now I had to do it all on my own without him around. "Neh!"

End of Flashback

That was the last time I've ever saw him. I looked at the pendant around my neck that he had given me and I held it in my hand tightly. I missed him... a lot. But I can't go after him. I can't make him not leave because I love him so much... I had to let him go. That was the way love works. If you love someone enough, you have to let them go. I looked out the window of my room that I shared with him and hugged my monkey plushie. Silent tears rolled down my eyes but they weren't tears of sadness nor were they tears of loneliness. The tears I was crying were ones of memories. Happy memories. Memories that can never be replaced. The type that will make me stronger.

It's true... I miss him. It's true I wish he didn't have to leave. But... because of him... because of Lee Hyukjae, otherwise known as Prince Hyukkie to me, I learned that I can be happy. I can get through things. I can be strong. But he also taught me that a breakup can also be as beautiful as being together...

~Fin~

Well there you have it everyone... I actually took about everything that was said on the RP and put it into paragraphs. But yeah... I hope all of you can learn from this that breakups don't always end up being ugly. And Hyukjae's RPer! If you are reading this... I hope it's okay that I took what our character's said in the RP.