to wherever you go, i'll be there

Husband and Wife

The moment she opened her eyes, she saw a blurry image of a man staring right into her orbs. Concern and worry etched onto his face. Hyemi drew the blanket closer to her, suddenly feeling cold all over. Her head felt heavy, her limbs felt sore, was dry, and she suddenly wanted to cry.

“Honey, you’re burning up.”

The blurriness of the man in front of her slowly became clearer. The man was no other than her lovely husband, Kim Myungsoo.

Myungsoo leaned closer to his wife, slipping his right arm under the nape of her neck and carefully helped her sit up. Against the headboard laid the pillow she slept on, with her back gently leaning on it. With a glass of water in his left hand, he put the mouth of the cup to hers, allowing her to take a sip of the warm water.

“How are you feeling?” he asked.

His forehead ceased with worry when he saw her nose wrinkle in pain. She shivered and he placed the back of his palm against her forehead. Taking a look at his wife, he patted the top of her head before leaving their master bedroom.

Moments later, Myungsoo came back with a tray filled with a delicious home-cooked meal.  He personally cooked congee for his wife. Along with the food came a bottle of cough syrup.

Sitting down beside her on the bed, Myungsoo smiled up at his wife with a spoonful of hot congee. He blew on it from afar to cool off the hotness, and then slowly lifted it towards . She opened up her lips and took a bite of the meal. “Thank you, Myungie.”

She was going to feed herself his congee but Myungsoo was quicker than she would ever be. “Today I’ll be taking care of you. Just rest and get well, okay?” He said sweetly as she nodded.

When she completely emptied the bowl of congee, it was time for her to take her medicines. After some time of complaining about the bitter taste, Myungsoo convinced her to take the medication. Once you’re fully recovered we will go on a date. Just the two of us, he had said to her. A smile immediately appeared on her face.

A couple of days later, the fever subsided and she was feeling better than before. As promised, when she was fully recovered he would take her out on a date. Just the two of them.

“Where are we going?” She was curious and he thought she was too cute to be true. Of all the girls in the world, she is the one he’s committed to.

“Somewhere.” He gently tapped her on the nose with a smirk on his face.

She whined, swinging his arms back and forth. “Come on, tell me.” It was difficult to resist her pout but he managed to survive it. Myungsoo looked away when she pouted up at him. With their height difference, him being one head taller than her, she had to tippy toe or jump to meet his gaze.

Resisting the urge to laugh, he shook his head. “I’ll tell you when we get there.”

“You’re no fair. By the time we get there, I’d know where we are.” With her arms crossed against her chest and a frown upon her lips, he leaned down to pinch her cheeks. She looked so cute to him that he ended up chuckling at her childish behaviour.

“Is the fever still here?” He felt her forehead as he looked into her eyes, “Because you’re acting cuter than usual today and I like it.”

She swatted his hands away and walked towards their foyer, with Myungsoo trailing not far behind. Grabbing her Parajumpers Gobi Bomber jacket and her self-knitted purple scarf, she slipped on her heeled winter boots. Casting one last glance at her husband, she harrumphed at him and then walked out the front door.

Chuckling, Myungsoo prepared himself for the cold temperature outside. Wearing the male version of her jacket, he slipped on his own boots and followed after his wife. She doesn’t even know where we’re going for our date, he thought to himself with a smile.

To where they are headed to, only Kim Myungsoo will know. 

 

 

∞ ∞ ∞

kill me now. I can't write fluff T^T