Chapter 1

Miracles Of December

Chapter 1

 

I shivered as I witnessed yet another lovey-dovey scene in front of me.

 

“Gosh, you two, you see each other almost every single day, at least do it when I’m not around?” I jokingly teased.

 

“That’s the key word, we see each other almost every day,” Luhan emphasized on the word “almost”, as he wrapped his arms around Jieun’s waist, giving her a backhug. I shook my head in amusement.

 

This guy is impossible

 

Jieun smiled and leaned against Luhan’s chest. Luhan nuzzled her neck with his nose as Jieun giggled in response.

 

“Leave the poor girl alone! She’s traumatized enough to see your overly public display of affection every day!” Baekhyun cried as he made his way towards us, and slung his arm around my shoulders. I nodded my head in agreement as Luhan rolled his eyes at us.

 

It was a Friday, the Friday, the official last day of school. I wore my coat and wrapped my scarf around my neck. I waited as I watched Luhan fix the scarf around Jieun’s neck. I sighed.

 

These two lovebirds.

 

Jieun would always tell me how wonderful it is to be in love,

“It’s like a whole new world, every turn a surprise, every moment gets better. It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling on the inside, it makes you feel loved, it makes you want to love, and the best part is that, there’s somebody else whom you can share the love with.”

 

But I never really understood what she meant. I would never really understand what she meant, until I myself, fall in love too.

 

“Now, let’s get you home shall we?” Baekhyun asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him, giving me warmth at the same time. It has always been a routine for Baekhyun to walk me home every day, unless he has to stay back in school for some extra curricular activities. It’s quite convenient though, my house is only a fifteen-minute walk away from school, and the bus stop outside my house is along Baekhyun’s bus route. We waved goodbye to Luhan and Jieun as we parted ways.

 

Baekhyun and I are really good friends, in fact best friends even. Besides Jieun, whom I can tell all my problems which only girls will understand, there's Baekhyun, who will provide me with the comfort, the warmth and the security whenever I'm in need. The little things he does for me, like buying ice cream whenever I'm in a bad mood, rushing to my house after school whenever i'm sick, accompanying me watching my favorite drama even though he hates it. He knows me like the back of his palm, and I know him, like the back of my palm. I guess it's safe to say that we're best friends.

 

"Do you want to come inside for a while?" I asked as i slipped of my shoes and took of my coat.

Baekhyun teasingly smiled and said, “your favorite drama is on, right?"

I laughed, and he knew the answer. He came in, slipped his shoes off and took off his coat. He then went to the kitchen to prepare our usual.

I took a quick rinse since I couldn't stand not bathing after i reach home. By the time i finished taking a rinse, two cups of instant noodles are already opened, filled with hot water, placed on the table and ready to be eaten. Baekhyun patted the space next to him on the sofa as I headed towards him. I took one of the cups of the instant noodles and passed him the other. I leaned against him as he switched the television to the correct channel.

 

 

 

 

"Aha! I knew it! Gosh that guy is such a jerk! Why do you even watch it if he's like that?" Baekhyun exclaimed as the lead role of the drama continue to irritate him more.

 

"Precisely! That guy's a jerk, but I’m sure he has his own reasons! You don't even know the plot of the drama," I huffed as I crossed my arms while leaning in his embrace. The two now empty cup noodles are back on the table.

 

"You already know the plot?" Baekhyun asked me as he raised his eyebrow, “why are you even watching it if you already know how it would end?"

 

"Well, I couldn't help searching it up on the Internet! Plus, you know me; I can never, not finish watching the drama since I've already started. Just like how I would always start a song from the beginning if somebody interrupts my listening," I replied, sitting up. Baekhyun shook his head in amusement and dragged me back down in his arms.

 

"The last episode is next week anyways," I muttered. I could feel the vibrations across his chest as he laughed at me and held me tighter.


First chapter up! :) I'll try to write longer chapters next time, but for now, i'm really sorry for taking such a long time to update TT I lost all my drafts for the stories that i wrote in my phone so i had to rewrite everything again, and trust me, that is not fun.

 

word count: 819