Recess 1: Lunch

Maknae Academy - DISCONTINUED

"Kids . . ." Kim Donghyun begins, uneasily poking at the black goop on his plate with a long pair of chopsticks.

"What is this?" Shim Hyunseong and Lee Jeongmin ask at the same time, glancing at each other, then at their leader.

"Is this safe for human consumption?" Kim Joomyun asks Sehun and Tao while looking uneasily at the hyungline that gathered in the cafeteria with him.

"It looks kind of like Jongin's face," jokes Lu Han.

"This chicken and seaweed isn't my style--" Wu Yi Fan began.

"It's not bad," Kim Minseok says, trying a small bite.

"Ya, Lee Sungjong, you know I have a schedule later," Kim Sunggyu tells his maknae. "Is this edible?"

Sungjong huffs. "It's Woohyun-hyung's recipe, so if you die from it, it's his fault."

"Um . . . so where is N-hyung? Leo-hyung? I know Hyuk is in the hospital . . ." Hongbin seats himself across from Kim Wonsik and Lee Jaehwan, half expecting Cha Hakyeon to pop out from behind the ficus or from under the table to nag.

"Missing." Ken says, poking at the green jello with something suspended in the middle. "We won't die from eating this, right?"

"Missing?"

"Uh-huh."

"He disappeared last night after visitting Hyuk in the hospital with Leo-hyung. Said something about Leo-hyung realizing that the vinegar-latte wasn't Hyuk's and needing his bones intact to live," adds Ravi, taking a bite. "Oh, this good. It's like jello with a bite . . ."

"So N-hyung is missing, and Leo-hyung refused to come?"

"No, Leo-hyung went missing this morning. We called Hyuk and he said Leo-hyung didn't visit him today. Hongbin? Who are you calling?"

"The morgue. Maybe there's a body there already." 

"Attention guests," the headmaster says over the PA system. "Thank you for coming to our maknae academy of culinary arts. We hope that you are satisfied with your new group gourmets. Thank you again for making time to visit your maknaes. Right now, the TA, Lee Taemin, will hand out evaluation sheets. Please fill these out honestly and with detail according to the taste of the dishes you were served. Thank you."

"Hyung, it was good, right?" Sungjong asks, pestering a rather listless-looking Sunggyu. Since the leader was staring blankly into space when Taemin came by with the evaltuation form, Sungjong accepted it on his behalf. "Hyung, please fill this out. Then we can go home--"

Sunggyu snaps out of his trauma and writes a "0" over the entire sheet, running for the nearest lavatory as soon as he finished.

"Thank you, hyung," Sungjong smiles sweetly.

"Well . . ." Seo Eunkwang looks between Changsub, Minhyuk, and Hyunsik.

"It's edible," says Changsub, poking at the lumpy gray goop.

"But it lacks visual appeal." Hyunsik stirs the lumpy gray stew.

"What is it, anyway?" Minhyuk asks, filling out the form.

"Just a special something we made," giggles Sungjae while nudging Ilhoon lightly.

"Lee Taemin-sonsaengnim, our hyungs can't fill out the form," Sehun says as Taemin hands him a form.

"Why not?" Taemin raises an eyebrow.

"Paramedics," Tao says, pointing out the window at the four hyungs currently being loaded into ambulence trucks.

"Um . . . I'll talk to Professor Shim about it later, so no worries."

"Thanks."

"Donghyun-hyung, did you fill out the form?" Taemin asks as he arrives at Boyfriend's table.

"Uh-huh. But Hyunseong has it right now, he's adding comments," Donghyun replies, looking across the table at the twins who were bickering with Minwoo.

"See, we should have used balsamic vinegar, not rice vinegar!" Youngmin insisted.

"No, rice vinegar smells worse and balsamic vinegar is too expensive!" Minwoo shot back.

Kwangmin stares at them blankly. "So we just add vinegar?"

"Ah, just go home, Kwangmin!" Youngmin sighs, exasperated.

And so the day ended with a beautiful lavatory memory for some, and failing grades for others.

 

END - Recess 1: Lunch

20140228 - This story is likely mostly dialogue . . . sorry for that and the typos >3< It's hard to keep track of all the characters @_@