Strength

Always and Forever
Please log in to read the full chapter

Changmin started breathing heavily as he tried to stop the tears falling down his face. He couldn't handle the memories that still haunted him. How was he expected to petform their "Time Slip" showcase on a stage in front of thousands of fans when he couldn't even get himself together back stage?

Yunho walked in mid way through Changmin's breakdown. The maknae had succeeded in throwing a clay vase across his dressing room, alarming almost everyone, before falling on his knees as he tried to hold in his sobs.

Yunho, their manager, and two coordi-noonas ran inside, but froze at the sad, almost pitiful sight before them.

"Min," Yunho said getting on the ground as well, slowly wrapping his arms around the sobbing maknae. "Minnie, tell me what's wrong."

Changmin didn't reply, he just buried his face into his leader's chest as he tried to quiet down his sobs.

Yunho could tell that Changmin was extremely embarrassed right now. He turned to his manager and the coordi-noonas. "Please leave. Let me talk to him, okay?"

"Yunho," their manager tried to argue. "You two have a show-"

"I said leave," Yunho instantly replied, glaring at the three unwanted guests and throwing his politeness out the window.

The manager nodded in defeat. He and the noonas left in silence.

Yunho started petting Changmin's hair. "Changmin. I really need you to talk to me," he said.

Changmin shook his head. He knew that Yunho would understand more than anyone, but Changmin couldn't get himself to say it. He knew the thoughts that had been going through Yunho's head. He knew that the leader was stressed, but as always, he never showed it. Instead, Yunho would smile at everyone around him, showering them with care while his needs went unnoticed.

"Changmin," Yunho said with a sigh. "You can't be crying like this and not expect me to worry. I'm your hyung. That's why I'm here, so I can help you."

Changmin looked up at the leader, seeing those familiar eyes that showed nothing but worry and care for the maknae.

"What's wrong, Minnie?" Yunho asked after Changmin was still silent for a while.

Changmin started shaking his head. "I-I-I c-can't do this," he choked in between sobs. 

"Can't do what?" Yunho patiently asked, though he already knew the answer. He just wanted to hear Changmin say it.

Changmin swallowed the lump in his throat. "The concert," he replied. "I can't do this."

Yunho held Changmin a little tighter, sighing as he maknae began to seem weaker and weaker. "I know," he admitted, opening up for Changmin to continue speaking.

"How do they expect us to do this?" Changmin yelled. "It's not going to be the same! Nothing will ever be the same! I can't pretend being happy having to sing their parts like it's nothing! It hurts me every single time. And now we have to go on stage and sing song after song without them! I can't do it!"

Yunho rubbed Changmin's back as the maknae tried to get his breathing under control. 

Out of e

Please log in to read the full chapter