Christmas

Christmas

Snowflakes fall in a flurry and blend with the bright Christmas lights of the little town and slightly muffles the Christmas jingles being played. Inside a small house, an infant sleeps soundly, cradled in his mother's arm and unaware to the festivities taking place around him.

 

--

 

A small toddler at the age of two rocks on the balls of his feet beneath a window. Snow is falling gently from the sky like salt from a salt shaker and the toddler extends his short arm to try to grab the oncoming flakes, making a not-so-small noise of disapproval and disgruntlement when his tiny palm hits the cold glass of the window instead of snow. But a soft and gentle, “Sweetie, come here” drags the toddler’s attention away from the snow as he waddles towards the source of the call.

 

--

 

Sitting up abruptly, a four year old boy clad in warm, blue pajamas grins as he stares out of his window where everything is covered in a beautifully pure white snow. Jumping out of his bed, the child rushes to the room adjacent to his and bursts in, hopping onto the bed where two sleeping figures lay. A loud and excited, “Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas!” has the two sleeping figures sitting up and smiling kindly at the little boy in their bed before they are watching the said boy running out of the room as fast as he can. They later find him sitting in front of their colorfully lit christmas tree, presents already in hand and wrapping paper torn and strewn around him. Pure excitement and joy fills his eyes as a, “Santa got me exactly what I wanted!!” could be heard throughout the house.

 

--

 

At the age of seven, the little boy already had an inkling feeling that Santa may not be real. He’s been to school and all of his friends have told him that, “There’s no such thing as Santa” but the boy doesn’t want to believe them no matter how much sense it makes. So in the morning he jumps up from his bed and rushes straight to the tree instead of to his parent’s room, grinning from ear to ear when there’s a present that says, “From Santa” in pretty little letters. Yelling, “He’s real! He’s real! I knew he was always real!” the boy wakes up the rest of the house as he tears open the rest of his presents.

 

--

 

By the age of thirteen, the boy knows that Santa isn’t real anymore. Just a myth to keep children out of trouble (Although he still wants to believe). So he plays outside, making snowmen and having snowball fights with the boys next door. He still grins widely at the presents he receives although he dreads the family gatherings where his aunts will ask how he is and why he hasn’t grown much taller, his uncles will comment on how he has yet to become a man, and his grandma will painfully pinch his cheeks multiple times through the night.

 

--

 

When he’s fifteen years old, the teen calls and texts his friends constantly throughout the night albeit being chastised for being on his phone during family time. The boy wonders what his crush is doing during this time as he drags himself through yet another family gathering with his dreaded relatives. The only positive is the presents he’ll receive.

 

--

 

Seventeen years old and almost an adult, the teen sneaks out of the family reunion and goes to a party held by some kid that goes to the same highschool as him, knowing fully well that he’ll get a major punishment from his parents. Hopefully his cousins can keep a secret and will cover for him. At the party, the teen gets a little more than drunk as he spots his crush with his arm flirtatiously around another. He ends up making out with a pretty attractive dude (or maybe that’s just the alcohol doing things to his vision) when mistletoe is above their heads that were topped with Santa hats. He pukes later on and passes out on the couch. Waking up, he’s back in his backyard with a throbbing pain in his head although making a mental note to thank whoever brought him back home.

 

--

 

At the age of twenty, the teen has now fully matured to an adult (can’t say much about his height though) and he spends the day at a small party held by his closest (single) friends. They watch movies all night and sing Christmas carols, cursing whichever friend of theirs who is spending the day with a lover instead of them. It’s not an extravagant event but it’s nice and cozy and the boy (now a man) wouldn’t mind spending the day like this every year.

 

--


The man, now age twenty three, is curled up in a warm bed with blankets wrapped tightly around him. He watches as snow pelts the window and covers everything in white, like a blank canvas. Feeling toned arms reach around his thin waist and pull him tightly against a broad chest, the man turns around and snuggles closer to the other, soaking in the warmth radiating off both of their bare bodies. A soft, “Merry Christmas, Jongdae” is murmured by a deep voice that Jongdae can feel resonating in the other’s chest as a chin can be felt being rested upon his head. Jongdae says a hushed, “Merry Christmas, Yifan” back and they exchange “I love you”s before chastely kissing. Jongdae makes a little mental note to apologize (and maybe tease) his single friends for leaving them behind. The couple fall asleep in each other’s arms under the cozy blanket with small smiles on their faces and Jongdae thinks that this is probably his favorite Christmas yet.


A/N: EXACTLY 1000 WORDS!!

Idk what this is

I thought this up at like 3am when I was in bed

Thanks for reading though

 

Have a Happy Holidays!!~