Final

All I Want For Christmas Is You

“Hey, it’s Christmas tomorrow Daehyun”

 

Youngjae glanced at the two boys behind him, recognising Himchan from the class next to his,. He blinked at them before noticing Daehyun looking at him and turned away quickly, his face heating up at the thought of the boy he secretly was crushing on since last year finally noticing him. He kept his head down, hoping the two didn’t see that he was still in class while the other students were busy packing their things, wanting to get out of school quickly and lay in their bed in the cold snowy weather.

 

“Daehyun? Are you listening-“

 

He kept quiet as he placed his books and pencil case into his bag, getting ready to leave the school.He wanted to listen what Himchan, the best friend of Jung Daehyun wanted to speak to him about Christmas tomorrow.

He knew Daehyun wasn’t thos cool guys or those popular guys in school.He was the class president of his class, he was able to speak in front of the class so charismatically and confidently. How he was able to outrun the notorious jocks during the school’s annual race when they teased that the head of the Science Club was wimpy and unfit. He smiled to himself, remembering Daehyun who giving him a big smile after he won the race.He couldn't forget the precious smile he put on when he won. He was handsome, to him that is.

 

“Y-Yeah, yeah I am”

“What do you want to get for Christmas?”

“Well… I am okay if I don’t get anything”

“What? Surely you want something?”

“Maybe…”

“Maybe what?”

“Maybe I might want a cheesecake… or maybe…”

 

 

Youngjae stood up, carrying his bag on one shoulder before glancing back at Daehyun who gave him a small smile. He looked away, feeling his cheeks heating up despite the cold weather.

“Erm... D-Daehyun” Youngjae stuttered, his heart thumping fast as he walked slowly out of the classroom.

“Maybe what Dae-“Himchan blinked, surprised to see his best friend placing a finger on his lips as he turned to the student standing by the door.

“Yes, Youngjae-ah?”

“C-Close the l-lights if you are leaving. You’re the last one to leave…”

“I-I would be here for a long time.”

“What-“Daehyun frowned at Himchan for a brief moment before looking at Youngjae who nodded quickly at him.

“I-I see” Youngjae bowed at him and Himchan. “D-Don’t be here for too long, the school would close early today”

“Sure thing Youngjae-ah and oh” Youngjae blinked, seeing Daehyun handing him a small blue gift with a cute yellow ribbon on top. He looked up at Daehyun, surprised to receive a present from someone he admired and rarely talk to.

“Merry Christmas”

“T-Thank you b-but-“

“I would be staying here for a while with Himchan, thank you for telling me the school is closing early” Youngjae stared at him, not believing he had just received his first Christmas present from Daehyun.

“M-Merry Christmas to you too” He murmured before bowing at Daehyun. He gave him a small smile before walking out of the classroom and running to his brother, Zelo at the school gate.

 

“Hey hyung-“

“I-I need to get a-a cheesecake n-now!”

“Why?”

“D-Daehyun-“

“Ah, him. You really like him eh hyung...”

“Zelo”

“I like someone too hyung, the optimistic and happy Moon-”Zelo murmured, looking at the smiley boy who is slowly walking out of the school. He gulped and hid behind Youngjae.

“Huh Zelo-“

“Zelo, hello!”

“He knows you?”

“W-Well, we sorta, we kinda…”

“We talked after he confessed to me he like me. And we-“Jongup paused as his cheeks turned pink. “-Happened to walk under a mistletoe well, I did kiss him.. On his cheek…”Youngjae turned to Zelo, who just pursed his lips at him. He chuckled, his brother was so cute when he was so shy.

“Can you accompany Zelo home? I need to go off and buy cheese- I mean something for…. Someone” Zelo gulped, shaking his head at his brother.

“Hyung-“

“Sorry Zelo-ah, I really need to give him something he likes… I don’t think he likes the headphones I got for him.”

“Okay fine…”Zelo nodded and smiled.”But… you will get two presents for him then… “

“It doesn’t matter…”Youngjae smiled sheepishly. “ I just want to see him smile seeing he got what he really want for Christmas.”

“Ah Youngjae hyung” Jongup spoke up.” I can send Zelo home, it’s alright”

“Okay”Youngjae waved at his brother who puffed his cheeks and gave a shy smile to Jongup. “Bye Zelo”

“Bye hyung!”

 

 

 

“Cheesecake…cheesecake…” Youngjae looked around, smiling as he spotted an oreo cheesecake on display. He went inside the shop, surprised to see Himchan looking around at the cheesecakes and pastries on display. He blinked, wasn’t Himchan with Daehyun?

“Aish Jung Daehyun, what is it that you want-“Himchan looked up and smiled at the boy he saw earlier at Daehyun’s class.

“Hey, you’re here to buy cheesecake too?” Youngjae nodded shyly watching Himchan shaking his head.

“You didn’t need to! I was about to give a cheesecake to him too”

“B-but…” He spoke. “A-Aren’t you supposed to be with Daehyun?”

“Well, he said he was waiting for someone. And that I should go home first” Himchan gave him a wink before running off to buy a donut, a small chocolate cake and... Ramen.

“Ramen?”

“Ah, it’s for…hehe, this guy who really likes ramen and Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. Haha , he was so happy to get a Tigger costume from me!”

“Ah… I see Merry Christmas” Youngjae waved at him after buying the cheesecake from the shop.

“You too!”

 

 

 

Youngjae ran to school, happy to know that Daehyun was still there. He still could give Daehyun his perfect present. He rushed to his class and stopped by the closed door. He gulped, feeling butterflies in his stomach as he took small steps towards the door. He couldn’t give Daehyun a present face to face, he couldn’t stop shaking and would stuttered a lot – he would embarrassed himself in front of him.

He then stood up on his tippy toes, looking into the small window of the door to see Daehyun, alone in the classroom, reading his book with the white headphones he had bought for him as a gift. He smiled, happy to see that Daehyun had opened his locker, he should already saw his gift laying there with a small blue card that says “Merry Christmas Jung Daehyun”. He was about to enter the classroom when he saw Daehyun looking at him. He gasped- Daehyun saw him.

 

“Young-“He gulped and turned away-he thought it was a bad idea to go and give Daehyun what he really wanted for Christmas. He quickly walked away from his classroom, speeding up once he heard Daehyun’s soft voice calling for his name.

 

“Youngjae-ah!”

 

He ran faster but he knew Daehyun was a better runner than him. In a matter of seconds, he was able to catch to him and held his arm. Youngjae gulped, he couldn’t escape now. He would just have to give him the gift and wished him a Merry Christmas. That was all he had to do now.

 

“Youngjae-“

“H-Here” Daehyun stared at the hand that was extended out to him. He should have known Youngjae had went to buy him a cheesecake.

“You didn’t have to-“

“I didn’t b-buy you a gift-“

“You got me a cheesecake?”

“Y-you said you wanted a cheesecake, I thought you would like it-“

“You did listened to me” Youngjae bit his lips, knowing Daehyun would realised he was a creep for liking him so much.

“N-No, I-“

 

“You already got me headphones, Youngjae. You didn’t have to get me a cheesecake. Did you open your present yet Youngjae?” Youngjae gasped, feeling the class president wrapped his arms around him tightly. He blinked when the realisation started to sink in, Daehyun knew that he was the one who gave him the headphones.

 

“Y-You knew? I-I mean, I haven’t”

“You should opened it, I bought you a CD, the artist was the one you told the whole class you  really liked during your presentation when we were just getting to know each other-“

“M-Musiq Soulchild, his CD?...Y-You remember?”

“How could I not? Youngjae-ah, you are so cute”

Daehyun chuckled, he loved to see Youngjae so shy and flustered like this. He always liked Youngjae, the one who bothered to tell him what was going on and the one who would always help the teachers with their books and markers if they needed them. He helped tutored students who needed special help in subjects, the one who was worried about his brother if he wasn’t able to go home with him. The one who bothered to give him small notes of encouragement and presents in his locker.

He noticed the cute Youngjae in his class, he couldn’t help but looked at him diligently taking notes in class. His cute cheeks, his cute nose. Cute. He thought Youngjae was the epitome of cute. You couldn’t resist smiling at him when he was looking up at you with his big innocent doe eyes/

“T-Thank you……but you said you want a cheesecake for Christmas-“

 

“All I want for Christmas, Youngjae-ah, is you”

 

“M-Me?” Youngjae blinked, seeing Daehyun shaking his head and looking up at the mistletoe haning above them.

“Maybe not you…” He watched as Daehyun leaned in, pressing his lips softly against his.

“But an adorable Yoo Youngjae”

Youngjae nodded cutely, smiling as Daehyun kissed his forehead. He couldn’t stop smiling as Daehyun walked him back home with their hands intertwined and with the class president shamelessly placing kisses on his cheek from time to time.

He was happy.

 

After all, he got a cheesy, sweet and an insanely handsome boyfriend for Christmas.

 

"So... now, can you sit in my lap and let me play with your hair as you study?"

"W-W-W-What-"

"Aww, you are blushing Youngjae-ah. We can do it tomorrow"

"N-N-No, D-Daehyun-"

"Alright Youngjae-ah... we can cuddle at your house when we reached there, I want that for Christmas so..." Daehyun smirked at the blushing Youngjae and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

 

."...O-Okay... "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Merry Christmas^^