Crossing That Thought

Fidèlement

She kept her eyes open. Well, she was trying. Luna cursed under her breath shaking her head as she tried to keep herself awake. Listening to Mr. Seng babble about history was already too boring for her. She dragged her eyes somewhere else, and they strangely landed on her friend she wished she had never met. But she wanted her back at the same time. No way was she going to give Jiyong away for a friendship that won't even last till college. In the back of her mind she heard a faint whisper speak the same about Jiyong.

He's different, she thought.

But was she right?

She shook her head trying to shove thoughts about Jiyong out of her head since she was still pretty pissed at him for last night.

 

 

Luna smirked. It was finally going to happen. Jiyong was finally willing to be with her as one.

They entered Luna's bedroom: loud. Jiyong had slammed her against a wall savoring the kiss. The dim room was only lit by the bright lights of the street piercing through her wall-size window. Jiyong swiftly carried her away from the wall, and now Luna was kneeling on the bed while Jiyong was still standing. A few moments later Jiyong muffled a curse, and ended their lip locking. He hastily let go of Luna. He backed away from her giving Luna an awkward grin.

"Uh, yeah. Bye," said Jiyong who turned quickly away from Luna, and down the stairs, and out the door. When she heard the loud bang, Luna yelled out everything she could muster up.

She hit her head on her soft pillow, ","

 

 

It was the most horrible night she had ever encountered. Sighing deeply she fixed her gaze back to the person speaking at the front.

"Good things come to those who wait," she thought finally giving in to slumber.

 

 

He waited by her locker hoping he would catch her. Maybe she was somewhere dancing, but he didn't want to come out as a stalker. Nichkhun shifted awkwardly. His hair was pushed back back a little today showing some forehead. He was wearing a shirt that said THE GONER OF THE GONE. The white printed words dwelt well with his black shirt. He was wearing a pair of jeans that made him look taller. He had a leather jacket on, and he was wearing the normal sneakers.

He heard metal rustling, "Hey."

He hasn't noticed her presence until, now.

Dara was wearing a bage loose ruffled shirt with a pair of light blue skinny jeans. Her feet were well covered with white and gray stripped Keds. Her hair was braided with a piece of white ribbon. "You look...-"

"Different?" she filled up the sentence for him. He nodded. Dara who was catching up to his confusion. "I have a little reunion after school. And I did't want to bring extra clothes," she shut her locker, "Too heavy."

Dara really had a reunion; with her back in the day camp friends. She'd known them for a very long time, and they knew Sulli as well. The bad thing was that they knew Jiyong like they knew her. As much as she liked to deny that fact. She and Jiyong went to their first camp together. The name Luna wasn't even known to them that time. She was alien. They were four. Yes, they were young, but their parent's hadn't stopped themselves from pushing their kids to join a music camp.

"I meant to say beautiful, but whatever works for you is good."

Dara bit her lower lip trying to say something nice, "Uhhh..."

Nichkun chuckles, "You don't have to say anything. It's fine."

"No!" Dara exclaimed. "Sorry, I- ...thanks."

"No problem," he smiled at her. "Where are you headed to?"

"Cafeteria."

Nichkhun bowed in front of Dara. He made funny moves before grabbing Dara's hand. "May I have the honor?"

"Get up! It's embarrassing!" she hissed while she tried to contain her laughter. "I mean it."

"Is that a yes?" He asked looking up at Dara.

"Alright!" She pulled him out of his bowing state. "Lead me to my desired location." She pointed towards the hall that led to the cafeteria.

The hall was plain. White-plain walls greeted the pair. Lockers that looked the same lined up on the walls. Students wee fumbling inside their lockers. While some were leaning, and texting. Some where having normal conversations. There was a fire extinguisher behind a glass that had red paint at the edges with the words STUDENTS DO NOT PANIC, BREAK IF FIRE OCCURS.

Dara frowned. Something was dearly wrong with Nichkhun. He stared blankly at the side which led to another hall. His mouth was gaping open. "Is something wrong?" Dara asked.

Nichkhun shook his head, "Sorry, Dara. I'll see you later." He dashed away from Dara and was immediately gone as the hall drowned him in it's plain-ness.

Nichkhun ran. That was all he could do. Run away from Dara, or stay away from her. He didn't want her to see him, but she did.

"Who were you talking to just now?"

He hissed at her. "It's none of your business."

She frowned and linked her arm around  his. "Well, that's not the right way to treat your little sister."

"You're not my little sister," he tried pulling his arm away from her grasp, but she kept on tugging his arm.

"I am now," she smirked at Nichkhun letting go of his arm. She walked off leaving him with his eyes rolling.

 

 

She stacked a thick chemistry book inside her back-pack. She smiled realizing the weight wasn't that big of a deal. She got off the bench that sat silently behind the school. "You ready?" Jiyong asked Dara as she zipped her back-pack shut.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Dara said grinning at him.

Jiyong looked at Dara as if he were studying her. "Don't be nervous,"

"I'm not!" She elbowed his stomach making him wince.

"Okay, okay! You're not." He held out a hand for her, "Let's go." She stared blankly at his hand, before finally grabbing it. She wasn't doing anything wrong.

Was she?