Deer

Deer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were snickering uncontrollably as they found that familiar curvy handwriting on a card hanging on the Christmas tree. Taeyeon took out a marker and handed it to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon then wrote on the card. After making a brief scribble, they hurriedly left in a fit of laughter.

----

Yuri dragged Sooyoung and Yoona towards the University lobby. She gingerly stepped across the threshold towards the tree and browsed through the cards on the tree.

“What are we even doing here?” Sooyoung irately asked.

“I’m looking for Seohyun’s card. Can you help me?”

“Ooooh. Smart. Can’t help you though. Pretty sure the cards are anonymous.”

“Wait, it’s here. SJ. Seo Juhyun.” Yuri exclaimed.

“How can you be so sure it’s hers?”

“It pretty much spells out Seohyun. It’s a keroro card and her wish is a clear giveaway.”

“Fine. Let me see.”Sooyoung moved closer towards Yuri.

“Well, it says she wants to see Ban Ki-Moon. Ugh, how am I supposed to make that happen?”

“Maybe you should just buy her a self-help book. I heard she loves those.”

“She already has a lot of those and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t need any more help.”

Sooyoung simply shrugged and went towards Yoona.

“What are you looking at?”

Yoona was staring intently at a purple card. When she heard Sooyoung’s voice, she nonchalantly flipped the card and moved on to the next one.

“Oh, nothing. Just reading other people’s wishes.” Yoona replied nervously. Sooyoung joined Yoona as Yuri struggled to find any other card Seohyun might’ve put there.

----

The University Christmas party came and most students were in attendance.

Jessica’s friends were sniggering, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon in particular, as Yoona came into view. The lights from the Christmas party were blaring, but the undeniable goofy grin from the choding confirmed her best friend’s suspicions.

“Why are you wearing a deer costume? We aren’t at a costume party.” Jessica asked Yoona.

“I saw your wish on the tree. It was certainly your handwriting.” Jessica’s face turned into deep scarlet as she turned to leave.

Jessica certainly appreciated her best friend’s sweet gesture, but she was still embarrassed with her best friend’s stupidity.

Tiffany quickly made her way to Yoona. She placed her knuckles on the girl’s head. “Pabo!”

“What?”

“You misunderstood her wish.”

“Huh?”

“She said, “I wish she would be my dear yoona” not “deer yoona”. It’s two different things.”

“Oh.” Yoona nods slowly in mock comprehension. “What did she mean then?” Tiffany facepalmed herself. She turned Yoona around and pushed her to Jessica’s direction.

“Ask her to dance and you’ll figure it out.”

Though Yoona had no clue how that would help, she still followed the girl’s orders. She approached Jessica a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter