A Greeting in the Evening [Oneshot]

A Greeting in the Evening [Oneshot]

 

 

~

 

 

It was a chilly winter evening, the tapping of my heels on the pavement was rhythmic as the sound of cars raced past. I was heading home from work - left hand clutched my purse while the other hand was tucked cosily in the pocket of my beige trench coat. I buried my chin into my scarf and kept pacing, eyes fixed on the path.

 

As I advanced to the cafe I walk past daily after work, a small feeling gave me the urge to slow my steps down. Which was when I heard,

 

"Ah..."

 

An acute sigh of relief.

 

"I have been expecting you." A soothing voice greeted.

 

My footsteps halted to a stop. I slowly turned my attention to the male, throwing a slightly dazed look as I did. Unknown, a complete stranger, however, tremendously gorgeous. Luminous. I was stricken dumb. His features were well proportioned on his pale complexion - midnight eyes that stood out and screamed "mesmerising". His short, dark hair was another standout visage. He was sat on the railing of a platform verandah, hands rested on either sides, lightly and casually swinging his legs. He studied my reaction, tilted his head to the side and flashed a smile.

 

If looks could kill, I would've died at a young age today.

 

"Do I know you?" I questioned, the feeling of bedazzlement still present.

 

He let out a small laugh, releasing cold breath.

 

"Mm... don't think so." He smacked his lips, "Jonghyun is the name, Lee Jonghyun. And I was told... that I was going to meet a beautiful young lady today, that she is going to be the love of my life. And from what I see, I think that beautiful young lady is standing right before me."

 

He swiftly hopped off the railing and took a hand out. Revealing his brilliant, pearly teeth as he did. I blushed a bright crimson and gladly accepted his hand. Signs of my adoration towards him were already visible, I curled my free arm around his and we set off into the distance.

 

~

 

Yes, I am aware of stranger danger, but I'm a hundred and ten percent sure that this guy is not a e, neither is he a serial killer.

 

We ended up deciding to head to his place for some dinner. As he flicked the light switch to his apartment on, I couldn't help but notice how clean and organised it was when the room lit up. It was very unlike to what an ordinary male's home would be. I went over to the white, leather couch and laid my bag on it, settling myself on it too as I turned to see what he was doing in the kitchen.

 

"So what would the lovely miss like to have for dinner?" Jonghyun's velvet voice sang out as he took out a few utensils.

 

"Um... anything. What do you have in the fridge?"

 

"Hm... how about I make you my famous creamy penne?" He suggests as he spun around.

 

"Sounds good." I smiled back at him, "I'll help too."

 

~

 

A while later, the smell of simmering pasta wafted across the room as it slowly bubbled and brewed. We went to tour his apartment as our dinner was cooking. I learned that he was a passionate musician, excellent at guitar playing. He actually shared the apartment with three other guys but they were out. It appeared that they were his band mates since there were a few other instruments lying around. 

 

I insisted that he played a song on the guitar for me while we waited. We sat on the couch in the lounge room and he softly strummed, singing a tune as he went. His voice melted me. It was shocking. Never in my life have I met a musician with such powerful vocals, let alone such a beautiful face. He must be prince charming. I was in love with him. The tempo slowed and he ended the song with one last strum and looked at me, smiling yet again.

 

"Wow..."

 

Was all I could say. I kept my eyes on him, caught in his hyptonising stare. I took a quick glance at his lips, then back to his eyes. I think he got the point. The space between us slowly closed in, I could taste his breath. I closed my eyes and his lips met mine.

 

~