Miracle

Miracle

December 24


Christmas Eve 


[Taemin's point of view]


I was sitting in front of Minho and he talked to my belly, as our son kicked in response. I just smiled and watch him until our son lands a hard kick making me bend over in pain


"Minnie! Are you ok?" Minho asked and I shook my head as I was gripping my stomach. Thankfully we were visiting my appa's and umma's for Christmas when he decided to be born.

Minho yelled for Key umma and Jonghyun appa and they come running up the stairs. Jonghyun appa promptly starts overreacting while Key umma helps me lay down on the floor


"Sorry sweety, but it looks like he'll have to be born here." He says and I nod, gritting my teeth while mentally thanking that umma learned how to handle a home birth.

Both appa and Minho were freaking out for everyone and Jongin, my older brother, ushers them out of my room then returns to my side.


"I guess I'll have to take Minho's part since he won't stop freaking out." He says giving me a sympathetic smile.


"T-Thanks…" I groan


"No problem." He lets me grasp his hand when another wave of pain washes over me.


[Minho's point of view]


I pace in front of the door basically pulling my hair out with worry since our son wasn't supposed to be born until next thursday. The doctor said that something could go wrong if he was born earlier than planned. He could even be a stillborn! My first child could be a stillborn because he was born too early!

It took two hours for him to be born and when we were finally allowed in Key and Jongin looked solemn. Looking at Key's arms I saw a small, still body making time freeze. My worst fear came true. My son, my first child was a stillborn. I sit next to Taemin and pull him against me letting him cry into my chest


"I'm sorry Minho." Key apologizes and hands our son to Taemin. He and Jongin left us alone to mourn the loss of our child. We sat in silence for three minutes before something happened that shocked both of us. He moved his fingers.


"M-Minho, look! He's moving!" Taemin cries happily when our son clenches his eyes shut and I run my hand gently over his black raven hair smiling softly. Our little miracle blinks open looking at us with chocolate brown eyes that matched his mother's.


"He's a our Christmas miracle." I say and Taemin nods. Key and Jonghyun walked in the room, probably to take our baby to the funeral home, and were surprised to see us smiling


"Umma, Appa, he's alive! he's looking at us right now!" the two walk up to us and gasp when our miracle looks at them smiling


"Oh my god, it's a Christmas miracle!" Key said and Taemin lets him hold our baby "What's his name?"


"Yooguen, Choi Yooguen." Taemin and I chorus just as Jongin walks in. He practically hugs Yooguen to death when he finds out that his nephew was alive. I sit silently thanking god for our miracle as I watched the others fawn over the baby. It was a picture perfect moment for all of us and I knew we would treasure it forever.