Chapter 1: Drink Up

No Time for Excuses
+++ +++ +++ +++ 
 
 
 
"What time is it?" Boa asked, her words almost slurring as she pointed at her companion's watch. 
 
Yunho tried to hide his smile. He swatted Boa's hand away from his wrist."It's 1:35am. You wanna go home?" 
 
The brown haired girl looked at him with a blank expression. "No." 
 
He shrugged to himself. Fine. He grabbed the shot of soju she poured him earlier and drank it. She was staring at the nearly empty soju bottle on the coffee table. 
 
"Pour you your last one?" 
 
She nodded. "Yes, pleaaase." 
 
They were seated on the carpeted floor in his living room. It has always been their tradition to have a couple of drinks every Saturday night at his place when their schedules permit it. 
 
This week was just a little bit different since Changmin couldn't make it. The three of them have known each other since their trainee days in SM Entertainment. The youngest has a CF to shoot in Japan and had to go straight to the airport right after their dance practice - so Yunho and Boa have the apartment to themselves. 
 
After downing her last shot she yawned... stretched her arms lazily, leaned forward from her seat and hugged the small table in front of them. Boa turned her head sideways to the right to face Yunho and rested her head on the table's cold glass surface. She closed her eyes, as if to sleep.  
 
"I don't want to be alone, Yunnie."
 
He looked at her with amused eyes and quickly moved the empty soju bottles out of her way. He took off his grey sweater, folded it neatly and nudged Boa's arm lightly. 
 
"Yaah~", he said gently. "Here, use this as a pillow." 
 
"Fine.. Fine.. Wait.." Boa mumbled. She opened her eyes lazily, and when she saw Yunho with the sweater she took a deep breath. Straining a bit, she lifted her head and let him wedge the sweater between her face and the table. Once comfortably positioned, she relaxed and slumped the side of her face against the soft cotton. She smiled as her eyes fluttered shut again. 
 
"Ha! Smells good. Nice cologne, Yunnie.."
 
Yunho rolled his eyes and playfully ruffled her hair. Boa grunted in protest but did not budge. 
 
"Yunho.." 
 
He stopped messing with her hair. "What?" 
 
"Hmmmmm... maybe I should start dating again." She whispered.. still holding on to the corners of the square table. 
 
"You ARE dating. Pabo. Jaejoong, remember?" 
 
She pouted. "He doesn't count. He's...."
 
..not you. He doesn't make me feel all worked up inside. He doesn't make me feel like you do when we dance. He's... 
 
Yunho's eyebrows shot up. He didn't know what to say. He wasn't sure if Boa was randomly just saying stuff. But tonight sure feels different. Something's~
 
"Different." She blurts out a-matter-of-factly, coincidentally finishing his thoughts for him. 
 
"Huh?" 
 
"It's weird. You and me. Here." Boa mumbles as she opened her eyes. 
 
She smiled at him as she sat up and leaned against the base of the couch behind them. 
 
Yunho didn't say anything as Boa shifted her weight and reached for his face with her a hand. The young woman started to trace her index finger along his jawline. He wasn't sure why she was doing this, but he wasn't about to stop her. 
 
"Yunho.. What if we d~" She hesitated and stopped mid-question. 
 
He didn't move.. All he could do was stare down at as she her lips nervously. Yunho felt himself involuntarily lean into her touch. "What is it?" 
 
 
"I..." Boa looked into his warm eyes. This is not good. She retracted her hand suddenly, letting out an embarrassed chuckle. 
 
"I'm sorry, Yun.. I.. I'm drunk." Boa apologized as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear. She held on to the seat of the couch behond her for support and scrambled to her feet.
 
"Are you?" 
 
"Yeah.. I just.. I just need to go." 
 
 
 
+++ +++ +++ +++
 
 
"Hey." 
 
Boa opened her eyes. "Huh?" She was lying on Kay's couch. A white and blue blanket covered her. 
 
"About time you woke up." Kay smiled at her. She was seated on one of the bean bags near the couch - newspaper in hand. She was wearing a light gray cardigan over a white shirt paired with red polka dotted PJs. 
 
She walked towards her and gave her a hug. 
 
"Good morning, sleepy head. It's past 8." 
 
"AM?"
 
"Duh." 
 
She looked around the apartment. "I fell asleep? How did I get here?"
 
"You mean you forgot? Tsk. You knocked on my door, barely awake. Your good-looking friend brought you here.. Yunho. Ahh such a cutie! You just seemed really tired and fell asleep on the coach." 
 
Boa just stared at Kay as she spoke. She was trying to recall what happened before she got to her place. 
 
 
"I'm sorry, Yun.. I.. I'm drunk."
 
"Are you?" 
 
 
She shook her head. Stop thinking, Boa, Get a grip of yourself. Think about that later. She looked at Kay and smiled.
 
"Your manager called by the way. He'll be here in an hour or so, you have a shoot later this afternoon." 
 
Boa gasped. She looked down at her clothes. "Waait~ Did I puke?? I need to take a shower!" 
 
"Take a shower later." She stood up and headed to the kitchen. "Let me rustle up some breakfast while you wait for Oppa. We've still got an hour. What do you want?" 
 
"Pancakes, bacon and freshly squeezed OJ." 
 
"Well, aren't we demanding today~ How do you feel about cereal? You're going out tonight with THE Kim Jaejoong, remember? So you shouldn't eat too much." 
 
"Oh my goood!!"
 
Laughter filled the room. 
 
 
+++ +++ +++ +++
 
 
JANG YUNHO
 
 
 
Boa toyed with her black clutch as she waited for him to pick up.
 
"Hello?" 
 
"Yun, it's me.." 
 
 
+++ +++ +++ +++ 
 
 
 
...to be continued.