Manifest

Latent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn't know why was she there? But the voices coming in the room were so evident to her. It could be a certain voice inside the room led her there. Maybe out of curiosity? And she stood in front of the door with her foot itching whether to advance her way or not even at all. That voice she thought to herself. She didn't quiet actually get what the two were talking about. She noticed that she was by herself in the hallway and of course she knew that cameras would be somewhere around her. Did it matter anyways, she asked herself again. She looked on both ways to her left and right. Now that she knew that the coast was clear, she took some light footsteps and placed her ear on the door.

"I'm sorry, but you have to, it's how the way this is. Changing the rules would make of you the same with the others out there." The man said. She also knew who it was and by just hearing that apology she could tell the case wasn't going well.

"You're mature enough and professional enough to handle your new lign of projects next year, 2014. I think that is best for you." He continued. She heard a long sigh from the girl inside. Hearing that from her seemed quiet really disappointing to her and she could even sense it though she wasn't with her in the room.

The next thing she knew her vision became blurry, and it was seemingly harder to breathe. Her lips trembled and as if she had heard the worst thing ever she would ever hear of. She couldn't take any more of it, she slowly withdrew from the wooden door. She felt everything crumbled right in front of her and even though she didn't see it personally. Words sometimes weighs a lot more than actions and that's her definition for it. She walked away, and regretted that she eavesdropped to their conversation. Even though it should only the two of them knew that little discussion of theirs, just between the two of them. She heard the door slowly opened. She quickened her pace and took a right turn. She saw the the huge vase towering her and used it as her little hiding place temporarily. The girl who just went out of that room went straight of the hall. She saw a glimpse of her behind the vase. Her face was unreadable, her arms swayed lifelessly on her sides, and walked like a dead person. She emerged from her hiding place and watched her walked in the hall. Not long after that girl let out a small cry before also crying along with her without letting her presence to be known of her.

 

The staffs smiled at them while all of them eight bowed and thanked them for being helpful and supportive of them. Jungah went back to the dressing room, Jooyeon grabbed some snacks down the hall, while the others went straight home. Well, not all of them, Nana sat in front of an iMac computer while choosing one of her best angle in every shots which she thought was the best for her. She was glad that they let them choose which to publish to the public and which was not. Lizzy was busy getting her stuff and putting them back in her bag. She noticed that Nana was still there and she knew how it would take her forever to chose one of her best shots. She sighed and approached the girl.

"Hey, the others are gone and you're still there?" Lizzy asked, but she caught that sad look before tampering it with a happy one.

"Ya, know I wouldn't let myself to have another flaw of my image on the internet. Some of my pictures in the past were already out there and I didn't want to add of their collection." She chuckled.

"I want to add something," Lizzy said giggling to herself and Nana focused her attention to her to let her know that she was listening. "Flaw doesn't make you bad, but it just tells you that you are unique to the others. For me you are perfect." That was how the way she indirectly confessed Lizzy's feelings to her. She wanted to make her knew of it that for having a flaw that didn't make a person less beautiful. "Yes, you are." She added playfully to erase that awkward atmosphere that was about to come. Thanks, for her having a bubbly personality to cover up her little mistake. Nana's eyes softened as soon as she heard that from the short hair brunette. Lizzy, was happy to see her smiling. What she liked about her was to see her rare smiles. She loved them and treasured every moments of it whenever she saw them.

"Lizzy! Thanks for letting my hopes up."

She slapped her bare thigh and the bubbly girl whined, but at the end they only laughed at their silliness. Lizzy sat beside her and watched her clicked on the photos that she had chosen. The ebony hair girl silently did it and Lizzy suddenly interrupted her telling her that one was better which the older girl obeyed without asking any further questions. She smiled and chose it, Nana only listened to her suggestions and she took them in the heart without complaining then smiled to herself.

"Finally, thank you, Lizzy."

Nana kissed her on the cheek and she was stoned or frozen on the chair before realizing how dumb she looked like at the moment. Nana giggled and left the short hair girl.

 

The other members set a party in their dorm. Jungah and the others who lived separately from the other members joined them again. They were united once more at the dorm. Uee was lucky that she didn't have filming for her new drama she was casted in to do that day and she didn't miss that event since she rarely joined them in parties like that. Eyoung watched the other members prepared the food on the table. She noticed Lizzy had been giving Nana those weird glances towards her. Eyoung couldn't decipher what those glances meant. Her eyes were showing this sad, longing, and hurt look. Why? Eyoung asked herself. Should she worry about it? She thought she did, since she was known for her jokes and her boisterous laughs which it miraculously stopped a few days ago. She was quiet at times and she noticed that she was way more clingy to Nana. Is there something going on with them? And again she didn't receive the answers of her prompts.

"Finally, we've gathered again as a whole as After School." Jungah asserted.

"So glad, to be with you guys, I've been waiting for this day to come, so enjoy this Christmas Eve with us." Uee said as she clasped her hands in happiness.

Eyoung also noticed that Nana and not only Lizzy who was acting weird. She knew it was there, do her unnies and some other members could even see these strange behaviours of the two? Nana was smiling yes, but there was something, something behind those sad smiles. She was also seen like that for most of the times. Yes, she knew that not every jokes that were told to them or to her would get her. She knew that since she knew her. It had been years since she joined. She was more likely an observer to see all this unoticeable changed to the two which were Nana and Lizzy. She knew that those smiles on Nana's lips were rather forced. Why she could tell it? Isn't there a sayin' that eyes are the windows to the soul. The same with Lizzy too, those hurt and gloomy stares gave her ideas that there was something going on with them. Although she couldn't tell what it was. Eyoung never made any comments regarding to the two. She thought of better to wait than knowing behind those odd actions. She was hoping that it wasn't something serious. She prayed silently and mentally that everything was fine after all this strange behaviours in front of her.

 

One night, Lizzy couldn't sleep, and she was tumbling around her bed so queitly just not to alarm the girl only across her bed. She couldn't help but tear up a tear or two. The girl just across her was making some muffle cries. She wanted to console her and let the out those problems inside her. Why she had to keep it? Lizzy thought. Lizzy admired Nana for be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter