Fooled Again- Onew

Last Christmas[Oneshot Collection]

Onew Pov

Today was just like any other day for me, but I was super nervous for what I was about to do. I was going to confess to this girl that I love her. I was too much of a chicken to confess to her in person so I stayed up all night to write her love letter that will surely sweep her off her feet. She will surely fall in love with me!

As I was approaching the school, I started seeing the other students. One bye one they greeted me and I only nodded back at them, not showing any emotion whatsoever. Surprised right? This love struck guy is actually acting really cold. This is just my mask. As the top student of the school, I need to be an example for the other students. This cold like appearance sets the perfect distance between me and the other students. The girls won't fangirl over me hardcore but I'm still liked and respected throughout the school. Also, I've had this mask on for so long it's become naturally for me to act like this. There was one girl that I wanted to show my side without the mask no matter what.

"Jinki!" I turned around to see the girl I was head over heels with. Lee _____. She was one of the most popular girls in the school. Always had a bunch of her friends around her, unlike me who was always alone. She's the type that attracts attention by just standing still. She was only a year older then I was but I've always been more mature than her. Combined with her looks and personality she could be mistaken for a middle schooler. As always, with my mask on, I coldly looked at her as she ran up to me. "Good morning!" She said with a bright smile and I nearly swooned. Her cuteness was seriously too much. I wanted to reply to her but my mask wouldn't allow any special treatment. I just turned back around and continued my way to school. Everyday I regret acting cold torwards her but I couldn't help it.

After school, I quickly headed torwards the library. It was the only time I could spend with _____ alone. I walked into the empty library and saw at the table where we usually sat, _____ was kissing a guy. Feeling jealousy take over me, I put on my mask and went over to them, placing my backpack on the table loudly. I saw them pull apart and the guy quickly left. The atmosphere wasn't even awkward because this was very normal for the both of us. We started to get our homework and stuff out I asked, "So, what was the favor this time?"

"He took care of my cleaning duties today" she said not even looking at me as she was getting out her notebook. That's right, _____ gives out kisses in exchange for favors. She had a mask of her own, a mask only I know about. On the outside she is an airhead that everyone loves but she is actually a girl who knows how to manipulate any guy she wants and I'm one of them. There were always rumors about her because of the whole kisses for favors thing she has going on but no one believes them because of the airhead personality she shows, even though they are completely true.

She showed me the math problem she has been having trouble with and I slowly taught her how to do it. Everyday she comes to me for math help and at the end she always kisses me. I pretend to not like it but on the inside I was screaming in happiness. I eyed her as she took out her textbook to look for the homework problems when she suddenly found an envelope inside it. Yep, during lunch I secretly hid my letter in her textbook so I could see her read it. I left it anonymous so that when she reads it and totally falls in love, if I told her I was the writer she would become my girlfriend for sure.

She eyed the letter a little and opened it. I was getting a little nervous as she was reading it because soon I'm going to have to tell her. Thank god I made it anonymous. When she was finished, I took a deep breath.

"Sunbae, I-" I was suddenly cut off by her laughter. I stared at her wondering why she was laughing. She saw me staring at her and she stopped laughing.

"S-Sorry this letter is just so funny" Funny? Since when was a letter from the heart just 'funny'. Not expecting her reaction, my mask started to crumble a little bit but she didn't notice. "Isn't that a love letter?"

"Yeah, but this guy has got to be kidding me. Like who writes like this nowadays? Who writes a love letter in this day and age?" Well I thought a love letter was original and romantic. Again, thank god I made it anonymous. How can she say this and to my face! I knew her real personality and all but was it always this bad. Or was my letter the one that was bad. I should have just confessed to her myself instead of that stupid letter. I started to feel horrible when _____ suddenly screamed. I looked over at her who was packing up her stuff.

"Sorry Jinki, I have to leave early, I need to babysit my baby brother today but thanks for teaching me how to do that problem!" She said putting on her backpack. I gave her a cold glare like I was mad at her for wasting my time. Usually, the cold glare was fake but this time it was real. How can she stomp on my feelings like that. I know she didn't know it was me who sent it but what if it was someone else who did? It's not right to just do that when there confessing their feelings.

Before leaving she gave me a long kiss and my mask was crumbling once again. I tried my best to keep my cool and act like I didn't want it even though I yearn for it everyday. It was the whole reason I even agreed to help her do her homework and hearing her stomp all over my real feelings. It doesn't sound worth it to you but to me it was my only chance to be around her. Once she left the library and I was for sure no one was watching me, I swooned over the recent kiss. That kiss was different than usual. It had more meaning and love to it but I convinced myself it was part of my imagination. 

In the end, just like any other day, I'm still in love with her. Sad isn't it? No matter how many times she unknowingly crushes my heart with her true self, I will always be fooled again and again by that kiss.


Sorry guys that you had to wait so long!!

Thank you NerdyChic, shineelover213, Litzy22 for subscribing ^^

BTW the main image will be what the girl love interest looks like