Is This Even REAL?

What Am I To You?

"By the power GOD vested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and wife...you may now kiss the bride." the priest said.

 

Slowly Kyuhyun planted a small peck his wife's cheeks. He didn’t absolutely agree to whatever happened to him in his wedding but he had no choice but to go along. His mom had been suffering from cancer these past few months and she wanted to see him get married to someone she absolutely loved. She just couldn't wait for her son to find the perfect girl so, she tried to look for someone who can tolerate his 'attitudes' instead. She threatened him, "Marry her or else, I'll die as soon as you disagree!" and it actually worked on him (surprisingly enough, it did.) Kyuhyun loved his mom so much even though he doesn't show it and he thought that obeying her mother would make-up for all the (bad) things he had done before. And so, he really did.

He's now officially married to someone, he thought, he didn't love.

 

 

 

One day, when she was confined in the hospital to run a few tests, she met a cute and petite nurse who cared for her the whole time she stayed in the hospital. The nurse happens to know his son for they were from one high school back then. The moment kyuhyun's mom see how the nurse's eyes sparkle she knew she was the one.

 

It was a bright and sunny day when she finally went up to her.

"Uhm. Excuse me, miss but.... do you happen to know a guy named Cho Kyuhyun?" she spoke. The nurse who was, struggling to reach the dextrose was obviously trembling at her words. "Y-y-yeah~ Uhm... Why'd you ask, ma'am?" she said, trying to sound formal despite her situation. Kyuhyun's mom grins widely as she thought of an awesome idea. "You know what; I'd really love to have a daughter like you. But sadly, I just have this spunky young guy with cold looks and weird attitude in exchange of a daughter." she sighed. The little nurse finally sat on a chair beside her bed. She opened her arms wide and sighed. "I didn't know changing an IV BAG would be this tiresome..." she obviously looked quite exhausted. She was particularly short for a nurse but she had a sweet personality (which just suites her looks perfectly).

 

"What's your name, dear~"

 

"Soonkyu. Lee Soon Kyu. But they call me Sunny."

 

"What a wonderful name~ Sunny...Anyway, Ms. Sunny, why do you like my son?"

 

"YOUR SON? LIKE? How could I possibly like him if I don't even know him? Ma'am..."

 

"I thought you knew a guy named 'Cho Kyuhyun'?"

 

"Y-y-yess...I do but..."

 

"He's my son."

 

"WHAT?!” her eyes widened at her words. She sprung up from the chair and stood up. It was pretty obvious that she was completely shocked that the woman she had been chatting to, nursed, smiled at and served is actually her dream boy's mother!

 

"Why so shocked?"
 

"Uhhh...No, ma'am. I'm just surprise. I'm sorry about that."

 

"Now tell me, what is he to you?"

 

 

It was their first night as a couple and both were feeling awkward towards each other. It seemed like it was yesterday when they got engaged and now, they're married. Kyuhyun was busy working on his presentation next week while she was busy staring at the wall by herself. Kyuhyun knew she was quite nervous when they got here but he promised that he won't ever play with her feelings. He was scared he might hurt the small creature. He smiled at the cute scene and slowly drifted back to his laptop, quietly debating with himself whether he should do IT or not.

 

He stands up and walks to their room. Kyuhyun sat on the bed and hugged her from the back, putting his chin over her shoulder and smelled the sweet scent of hair sliky smooth, blonde hair. "K-k-k-kyu..." she startled. Ever since they met, they have never been this close to each other. They used to just throw 'HI's and 'HELLO's on each other but today, it was completely different. Kyuhyun holds her hand while she was sitting completely stiff and unmoved. She was still trying to register this particular moment on her mind,

'Is this actually happening to me? Cho Kyuhyun, the man of dreams, his arms around me...I can't even...' she thought.

Kyuhyun let go of her and let her face him. Looking all anxious, Kyuhyun could only laugh at her. She slowly opened her eyes and jokingly hit his arm. She was anxious now more than ever. Kyuhyun suddenly steals a kiss on her lips and stayed like that for a while. Kyuhyun was shocked that she actually didn't respond to his kiss and instead he felt hot tears on his cheeks. It was innocent little Sunny's tears. "Sunny, are you okay? I'm so sorry..." he apologized.

 

He was sure those tears were because of him and he just had to say 'sorry'. She made this petite young woman cry a lot of times in her lifetime. All those times, he had witnessed how brave this girl is and just cries whenever he acts cold towards her, and it just frustrates him that he couldn't even do anything to pay her back. To pay back all the love she had gave him all these years (plus, her lips were plump and luscious-looking. He just can't help but kiss them).

 

He steals another kiss and this time, she responds. He doesn't know why the heck was she crying but he know it was all about him. For the very first time, Kyuhyun tasted how Sunny's lips taste like. They were just as soft and sweet as her. He loved the feeling of it. Meanwhile, Sunny was still in tears. Sunny was crying out of happiness that finally, she got her first kiss from the man he truly loved but, she was still in doubt. As their kiss deepened, Kyuhyun pushed her down onto the bed, pinned his arms beside her face and continued kissing her passionately.

 

His kiss went all the way down to her neck but he stopped once her heard the sound of her, crying. He mentally slapped himself for not controlling his emotions and for making her cry once again. Then he knew they were both not ready.

"Sunny-ah, please stop crying. It hurts me to see you like that." he mumbled. Sunny stops crying and looks at him with sympathizing eyes. "Oppa, do you really mean it? I mean, the 'I Do', the 'hug', the 'kiss' and your 'words', are they all true?"

 

"Believe it or not, they were all true and it's not 'oppa', it's 'yeobo~' " he smiles at her, genuinely.

 

She smiles widely back at him before she puts her arms around his neck and pulls him in for another (round of) kiss(es).

At midnight, the couple successfully ended their first night together. They were chatting about how they ended up like this, lying on a hotel room, sparks flying in the air. Kyuhyun laughed at how Sunny still didn't believe that everything was true and that she thought that she was still in dreamland. He playfully pinched her blushing cheeks and stared at her.

 

"Now, I know it's all real....Oppa, thanks for everything...."

 

"Again, it's not 'oppa', it's 'yeobo~'...alright? My beautiful wife...." he cooed as she gently places her head over his arm.

 

Feeling all comfortable around each other, both fell slowly drifted their way to dreamland.