One Hayi

She's The Geek

First day of school, first taste of bitterness. Hayi stood in front of the class getting ready to introduce herself but no one was paying attention. Near the window corridor, a group of friends are talking to each other while some are gussying up with a hand mirror in front of their face. In the middle of the class, there were some students sleeping, drawing and who knows doing what with their hands under the table. Near the window there are a few reading books and a few others looking out the window. Hayi wonder what there is out there that is so much more interesting than herself.

Hayi looked at the teacher, she was sitting on her table looking for some paperwork underneath a pile of hundreds more disorganised papers. Hayi looks at all the students in class and smiled. She introduced herself, in the most polite and soft manner as she knows that no one was actually interested in her. It was a bitter experience yet it was sweet at the same time. She gets her freedom at last, no one is going to be looking for her for an interview or anything like that. She was tired of it all and when she gets no attention at all, it's like a breathe of fresh air.

"I'm done introducing myself.." Hayi looked at her form teacher, Ms Lee, waiting for her to reply.

"Ms Lee?" the teacher turned, her glass nearly fell from her small nose as she smiled.

"Yes... Well, you can sit over there, beside Maru." she pointed to an empty seat beside a boy whose skin tone ws darker than the normal students in class. He was doodling on a blank piece of paper when Hayi sat beside him. He was unwelcoming, there was no greeting whatsoever. Well, if nobody is going to play nice with her, she won't be that girl with the pink shoes that is nice to everybody. She's just going to ignore them like how they ignored her.

Just then, the door opened with a bang. A tall boy with curly brunette hair stood by the door, headphones still on his head, school uniform not properly tucked in. He was chewing something in his mouth and he looks rather proud, smiling to the teacher as if he didn't do anything wrong. Somehow, the attention the class gave him was different than how she was treated. All their attention were on him, some waved at him and the girls stared at him, including Hayi. He greeted his friends, sitting near the corridor's window, with a 'complicatedly cool' handshake. Hayi's eyes were on him, she was caught in his light hazel brown eyes and great physique. This is what she was expecting when she goes to a public school, Good Looking Guys! She can't wait to tell So Eun and He Ran about this guy. 

Hayi has always went for the cool and calm guys, the ones where people look at and just blatantly assume he is a bad boy. She realised how she had chosen guys with a difficult personality most of the time, to date. Minwoo was the most difficult person she has ever met, he was strong with his words, daring and hot-tempered. Hayi loves the challenge to be able to date difficult people, it's exciting and she don't think she will ever get bored with those personality. If the relationship gets boring, she would most probably get bored and throw the relationship away. Minwoo was the longest, one month, believe it or not, then he got boring because his actions was too predictable. There was no more excitement in the relationship. 

Hayi kept on looking at the guy with the curly hair. It's a shame she's going for a nerd concept for high school because she didn't want attention. If she showed her real self to people, she was sure that the curly hair guy would immediately look at her, amazed by her beauty. Well, her beauty after hiding under tons of makeup, that is, Why has her eye sight gone worse these days? She squinted her eyes just to look at his nametag, she needs to at least know his name before she brag about him to her friends.

"That's Junhong, u can call him Zelo." Maru said suddenly, he must have seen her staring at the curly haired guy. 

"Huh? You caught me didn't you? I mean... I wasn't staring or anything though..."

"Yeah of course you didn't stare at him for me to noticed." he said sarcastically.

"Yeahh.."

"You were drooling!" Maru let out a small laugh, "it's fine by me though, he deserves to be drool over." Maru winked.

"Are you gay?" Hayi asked, not realising how sensitive the question might have been for Maru.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Maru frowned.

"Of course not! I'm Hayi by the way."

"I can see that from your name tag. I'm Maru.." he showed her his nametag and offered himself as a guide for the day. He wanted to show her around school but she declined his offer saying that she wants to be able to do it by herself. Maru smiled sweetly before he started to doodle again. Hayi turned her head to look at Zelo, not that she was going to stare at him again but she can't help herself to just look at him for the last time before she concentrate on the lesson. When Hayi tunred, she found him looking at her, their eyes met and smiled to each other. He then smirked and took his seat beside his friends before opening his book and acting like he wasgoing to pay attention to the teacher.

She almost forgot how nerdy she looks but after seeing him smirk at her, she gets that she wasn't his type. What was she thinking? No make up, big glasses, almost an oversized uniform and a ponytailed hair will never do the trick to get a good looking boy like him. Yes, she agrees that pretty boys are meant to date pretty girls. That is why all this while, she wanted to look pretty so she can be with the pretty boys in her neighbourhood. 

As for now, she thinks it's time for her to take a break from all these relationship complication. She needs to concentrate on being normal and just do well in school so her dad won't force her into home school again. She hates getting stuck at home almost everyday, even on the weekends, This is the only way for her to be free and just enjoy the outside world. She's going shopping later after school with So Eun and He Ran, it's been a long time since she has ever done it. As much as she love the little attention she is getting, she's going to change later to shop. She's not going to wear the lame school uniform while trying out for clothes, NO WAY! Her father has given her the green light, might as well take advantage of it as much as she can. She can't wait for school to end now.