Golden Eyes

Golden Eyes

There was a fairy with golden eyes and golden hair, it was said that her golden eyes have healing powers.
However, if she used her powers once, one of her eyes would lose it's color and go to whom she healed as proof of her doing and half of her life span would be taken as price.Therefore, if she used her powers twice, she would lose both her eyes color and it would cause her death.
She lived in a cave deep inside a forest, all alone. she always wished for a friend to accompany her and make her forget her loneliness.

One night, a fox was running away from his own trial. They were running after him, punishing and biting, accusing him of stealing their meat which they worked hard to get. The fox kept on running away, it's blood kept on dripping on the floor and his condition only got worse, until hefainted in front of the Fairy's cave.

The Fairy got out of her cave and saw the fox laying down the floor all covered in bruises and cuts. She thought it was a gift sent from god, the friend she always wanted. So, she gave up her right eye golden-color and half her life span to heal his wounds. The fox woke up after a day and night of sleep, saw the fairy, and thought to himself "she is pretty", then noticed how her right eye is blurry and doesnt have his golden color like the left one. he kept looking at her wanting answers to his question "Why are you like this?".
The fairy showed him the way to a river, and there the fox saw it's reflection. he had no wounds, no cuts, and one of his eyes were golden color. he took a glance at the fairy and she smiled, told the fox what happend and that it was ok for her. 

The fox after what happened became her friend and started to like her, he kept on guarding her cave every night. The fairy had mutual feelings as well and felt happy that her wish came true. They spent every day together, walked around the cave, played, and made good and fun memories. The fairy finally asked what has been on her mind ever since she saw the fox laying in front of her cave, and that is "why and how did it happen?".  The fox told her her about the trial accusation of him stealing their food and punishing him for what he never did. Then, he told her how he never been as happy as he is now with her, and wraped her tiny body in his tail, she  felt the same way and felt warm in the fox's fluffy tail , she slept and so did he. 

Next morning came, the fairy looked around and didn't find her fox. She went out of her cave to find that he was found by his trail and fighting with them, it was all bad for him, they were  beating him brutally ,and they only ran away when it became hard for him to stand again.
The fairy, saw him laying on the floor all covered in blood, her heart was aching. She didn't want to lose her only friend and the only one she liked. She went to him crying, and the fox saw her like that and nodded to her that he is fine. The fairy knew he wasn't and she didn't want him to die, she thought about healing him again and that it was ok for her to lose her life instead of him. He refused and struggled, neither of them wanted to lose the other but he was weaker than her, he couldn't stop her.

The fairy gave away her left eye golden-color to the fox, healing him, causing her to die and leaving him to weep upon her. The fox now has two golden eyes instead of his brown eyes, he stands guard at her cave every night like he used to, waiting for the day he die and meet his fairy again.