Final

It Takes Patience To Continue To Stand

 

For the umpteenth time, I stared at the card in my hand. An invitation for a reunion with our old friends from high school. SM High School to be exact.

Should I go? I missed my friends

But I can’t seem to face a fact yet. Memories from the past that I still can’t forget. Even though it has been 5 years, but I still can’t erase it from my mind.

I tossed the card on my bed and let out a heavy sighed. Noticing a photo album that has been lying on my bedside table for god knows how long, I picked it up and went from page to page. I let out a smile when I remembered a certain occasion on the picture. We were so young back then, 17 and waiting for the graduation.

Then my eyes captured a certain picture and my smiles gone right away. That picture brings back thousand memories. The good and the bad.

                                                                                . . .

‘CHEESE!!’, both me and Eunhyuk said it together. A second later, Siwon’s flash camera could be seen.

‘Siwon, do we look good in that picture?’ I asked the taller at once.

Siwon frowned before he said, ‘How would I know? You have to wait until I print it out kyu.’

I pout hearing that, ‘but you’re the one who’s taking it. You should know’

‘I’m not a magic man’

Eunhyuk is just looking at us, not saying anything and decided that the drink in his hand worth his attention more.

Today is Eunhyuk’s 17th birthday and it’s a banality that all three of us spend it together. Me, hyuk and siwon. We can’t ever celebrate my birthday as it’s always falls on school break and that is the time when our families decided on a vacation.

But I don’t mind because eunhyuk never forget to wish me on my birthday, even though he never gets me any present. It’s okay because I love him! It’s enough if he remembers.

‘I’ll print it out this weekend. Don’t worry, I will print double for each photo’ siwon said breaking the silence.

I just nodded and continued to eat my lasagna. Of course he will print it two. One for me and another for eunhyuk.

Half an hour later, we walked our separate ways and went to our home.

                                                                                . . .

‘Waaa! These photos are beautiful. I can keep it.’ I said while looking through every photo that we take last week on eunhyuk’s birthday.

Obviously, siwon is really good at taking pictures. No wonder he wants to be a professional photographer after we finishes school.

‘Of course it’s beautiful, I’m one hell of an attractive guy’ eunhyuk said and flashing us his gummy smile.

I know he is handsome and always good looking. He’s one of the most popular guy in our school after siwon. While me, the nerdy Cho Kyuhyun always dressed simple and didn’t really care about my appearance. I still wear glasses even though kids my age prefer contact lenses. I carry my books around with me the whole time. I didn’t wear my uniform like how the other students wear it. I always make sure that I tug in my shirt inside my pants. I didn’t know how to dress properly and my sister always nag me about it. But I didn’t care what she said because eunhyuk never cares about my looks and we still friends.

I closed the album and take a deep breath. I can’t look at it anymore. I carried my legs to the balcony and sit on a lazy chair I placed there.

On the card says the event is on the 13th of July. That’s mean tomorrow. I will probably go if only I didn’t feel like vomiting every time I remember about the incident. That thing is always has been the reason why I never went to any of our school’s reunion.

Yes, that thing. I still remembered clearly what happened. It was a week before our last semester exam.

                                                                                . . . 

‘Kyu? You said you wanna to see me? What is it?’ eunhyuk asked me as soon as he saw me looking at the distance. We were currently on a park. The park where we and siwon always hang out together after school.

Today I decided to tell him about my feelings towards him. I decided to come clean but I can’t help to feel nervous as hell. I felt something funny on my stomach but I know it has nothing to do with the pizza I ate this morning.

You don’t know until you try. Come on kyu. Just tell him how you feel and maybe he accepted you. If he rejects you, at least you know and didn’t have to hide in the dark anymore

Donghae’s words keep on replaying in my heads. He’s right. I have nothing to lose if I tell him. Okay Cho Kyuhyun! Fighting!

‘Kyu? What do you want to tell me? Seems important’ eunhyuk second question breaks me from my day dream.

‘I love you’

There. I said it. Only god knows how I feel right now. Saying it in front of him after years keeping it in my heart. But that’s the truth.

‘What are you talking about? Do you even realize what you said?’ eunhyuk look at me with furious eyes.

‘Yes hyung, I realize it. I love you. I have this feeling in my heart for years. It’s just that, before this I didn’t have any strength to say it to you but now I can’t lie to my heart anymore.’ Those words come out fast from my mouth.

I look at him straight in the eyes. He looks clearly uncomfortable.

‘You know that I like Jessica right? You’re the one who’s been helping me to date her. And now, you come and tell me you love me? Then what do you want me to do with her? Throw her to that pond over there?’ he said while pointing at the human made pond in front of us.

I froze.

How could I forget?! All this time I have been the middle man between those two. But now..ah! I’m puzzled.

‘I never look at you as more than a friend. But on the other hand, you.. Come on kyu. Try to look yourself in the mirror. Do you actually think you deserved to stand next to me as my special someone? Beside I never love you. I befriended you all this time because I wanted to get closer with Jessica. I mean, a guy like you, who wants to be your friend?’ I freeze hearing him said that.

This means, that the friendship that has been build for 5 years is a lie. Dear god! What mistakes have I done until you need to punish me this hard? It’s just a one sided love. I couldn’t support myself anymore and I fell down on the nearest bench. I could only look as eunhyuk started to walk away from me. How am I supposed to face him after this? I’m really embarrassed.

‘If that’s what you say, I want back all my pictures that you have’ I still managed to say something to him despite all the tears that have making its way on my cheeks. There’s no used for him to keep all those photos.

‘What pictures? I don’t have any pictures of you. Not even one. Please! Stop with your fantasy.’

If he didn’t keep it, then where are those photos? Ever since that incident, we no longer talked with each other. In fact, eunhyuk seems to hate me more. Our friends start to notice the cold atmosphere between us.

Donghae comfort me. Only with donghae I let out all my secrets and problems. He is the only one who wants to be my friend.

                                                                                . . .

Sung Si Kyung’s voice coming from my phone breaks my thought from remembering about eunhyuk and I. I look at the caller ID before I pressed answer.

‘Hey hyung!’

‘Hey baby maknae! I miss you so much’ donghae’s cheerful voice draws a smile on my face. This hyung of mine never feels sad. Is that even possible?

‘What are you doing up at 1 am? You usually sleep really early’ I ask him as I eyed the clock on the wall.

I heard donghae’s sighed heavily on the other line, ‘I can’t sleep early these days. Since I have sulli, I always awake until at least 3 am. She keeps waking up all night. Now I know how hard marriage is.’

I laughed hearing that from him. Donghae hyung has been married for 3 years with his high school’s lover, Kibum hyung. Even though he keeps complaining about little sulli that they have adopted a year ago, I know donghae hyung is happy with his life. I’m jealous.

‘So kyu? Are you coming?’ I heard donghae’s voice, almost whispering since maybe he didn’t want to wake up sulli with his voice.

I closed my eyes and didn’t utter a word. But it seems like donghae can see my problem.

‘Kyu, it’s been years’

‘I’m busy tomorrow hyung. I don’t think I’ll come’ I gave him my reasons.

‘Don’t you dare give me that bull reasons. You can do better than that. You’re a famous game designer now, leaving your work for a day won’t kill all those game addicts.’ I frowned hearing that, but before I could voice out my protest, he beats me to it. ‘Just forget what that eunhyuk jackass did to you. It’s been too long. 5 long years! Please come. For me. I’m your favourite hyung right?’ I can almost see the pout on his face. Oh I miss him!

‘Okay. I’ll go’ I finally agreed.

‘Aha!

                                                                                . . .

The hotel where the reunion was placed looks really beautiful but thankfully not too crowded. Almost all SM High School ex-students are there. There’s who come alone and some who come with their partner; lovers or husband or wife.

Siwon enters the main room and just like when they were in high school, all eyes fell on him. Tall, muscular and definitely gorgeous; that’s the definition of one Choi Siwon. Not to mention that he has manners to.

He could see the happy faces of his old friends as he walked across the hall. The boy –or man, they couldn’t decide, he looks way too adorable - walking next to him continued to accompanies the taller. The others throw them a smile even though they didn’t know him.

‘Hyuk I want to introduce someone to you,’ siwon called after his friend when he saw him talking with Jessica.

Eunhyuk turned. The smile on his face gone when his eyes fall on the boy standing next to siwon. Beautiful! Very beautiful for a man. Even more beautiful than Jessica, his girlfriend. Tall, pale although looks a bit awkward but that didn’t stop him from luring everyone to keep looking at him.

The blue shirt he’s wearing looks really good on his slender body. It contrasts to his pale skin. And somehow it’s matching with siwon who also wears blue shirt.

‘Hyuk, Jess, this is my fiancé’

Eunhyuk is snapped out of his day dreaming when he heard siwon’ words. It crushed his heart when he knows the sweet boy is his best friend’s fiancé.

! I missed

Siwon noticed that eunhyuk never take his eyes away from his lover. He knows what the man was thinking. If the boy next to him is not his fiancé, he’s sure as hell that eunhyuk will try his luck with him. Siwon almost let out a disbelieve chuckle. Almost

‘Anyway I need to be on stage. There’s something I need to tell. Excuse us.’ Siwon walked away with his fiancé. Eunhyuk’s eyes are still on the boy. He feels like he knew that big doe eyes. Also the small dimple under his lower lips. It feels like he used to look at it. But, where? When? Who?

‘Hello friends. May I have your attention please? There’s something I would like to tell you. I hope everyone is happy when hearing it.’ He then stopped halfway to gaze at the beautiful creature standing next to him on stage. ‘I introduced all of you to my fiancé. We will get married soon and all of you are invited.’ Right then, the hall is echoing with the sound of claps coming from the occupants in there. All of them are happy yet some are sighing in disappointment, knowing Choi Siwon is taken.

‘The invitation card will be past to all of you by donghae. Hae you can give them now’ siwon throw a glance at the younger.

‘Oh before that hae! I want eunhyuk to be the first one to received since he’s my best friend’

Donghae nodded before throwing the couple a knowing look. The blue and white card is past to eunhyuk’s hand. The latter just smile while taking out his right hand from his trouser’s pocket. His left hand is full with his drink.

As soon as he saw the name on the card, he almost chokes on his own spit.

‘Friends, let me introduced you. My fiancé and my soon-to-be husband, Cho Kyuhyun’

Everyone there looks really surprised. They can’t believe that the beautiful boy standing on the stage is the Cho Kyuhyun.

The boy they used to insult before. The boy who everyone thought was ugly. The boy who used to has special feelings for Lee Eunhyuk.

 

Kyuhyun p.o.v

Words of congratulation are thrown at us. I’m really happy that they have started to accept me.

When both siwon and I approached eunhyuk, it is cleared that he is still shocked of what just happened. Jessica next to him starts to scowl. I don’t want to know what’s on their mind.

I don’t know how but somehow eunhyuk had pushed me to the side when siwon and jessica talked to their friends.

‘Kyu I’m so sorry. I know I’m wrong. I love you too, kyu. I’m your first love, I know you still love me. Please, come back to me. I know you still love me right?’

It’s an understatement if you say I was shocked. How dare him! This monkey look alike. Now I don’t even know why I like him in the first place. My fiancé is much much much better looking than you mister!

Before I can answer him, I see siwon is making his way towards us from the corner of my eyes, worries are clearly shown in his eyes. He stands next to me and grab my hands, showing others how possessive he is. In returned, I tightened the grip of my hands around his. I can assure you that this man is all I want.

I took a deep breath before making eye contact with eunhyuk, ‘Hyung, it’s true you are my first love. And they were right when they say first love is not easy to forget. But that doesn’t mean I have to live and drown in misery if I’ve been hurt. When the second love comes, he is more important for me’ I look at siwon with teary eyes, telling him silently that he will always be the main character in my life. ‘It is the second love who helps me stand on my feet back when I fell. Eunhyuk, I’m sorry. But my heart is only for one person. And that person is siwon. After what happened between us, I was devastated. I was really disappointed. When you threw me out of your life, siwon stayed by my side. He never once leaves me’

                                                                                . . .

‘Siwon, why did eunhyuk do that to me? How could he, wonnie. I love him, but  ...’ I can’t finish my words. Right now I’m in siwon’s room. I immediately went to him after what happened just now and spilled out all my heartaches to him. He didn’t say anything at first; he just sits beside me while I buried myself in his embrace. I could feel his hands slowly drawing circles on my back.

The tears that has been flowing since just now, still coming out fast and leaving tears track on my cheeks. After I’m done telling him everything, siwon just smile.

‘Just cry kyu. If that’s make you feel ease. I will always stand by your side until my last breathe. I want you to know that you will never be alone. Eunhyuk may have thrown you out of his life, but I will never do that. I know you like him, love him but I also love you kyuhyun. It's not my intention to burden you with my sudden confession. I will accepted it if you reject me. But give me a chance first to prove you that I really love you all these years’

I widen my eyes hearing that coming out of my best friend’s mouth.

When eunhyuk hurt me with his words and lies, siwon came offering me his love. Is he sincere?

Siwon gave me something. He wants me to open it after I finished all my exams. And right then all of my questions is laid out in front of me. In that white album contains all those pictures that I’ve thought all this times is in eunhyuk’s hand!

‘Kyu, please. I know I’ve hurt you before. Give me a chance.’ Eunhyuk is still begging, snapping me out of my day dream.

‘No, eunhyuk. I’m sorry.’ I said that, but I don’t really mean I’m sorry. ‘I’m not for you. I belong to Choi Siwon only. Whatever happens, nothing will change my decision. I love him more than I love myself.’ I felt the warm on my hand is gone but seconds later I feel siwon snaking it on my waist, bringing me closer to his body.

‘I can’t live without him,’ I continued. ‘If it’s not because of him, I won’t be successful as I am right now. He has become my pillar of strength and will always be. I hope you pray for our happiness’

I placed my hand on siwon’s waist and together, we walked out of the hall leaving the-still-bewildered eunhyuk behind. After what happened, it’s enough for me.

I look up at siwon and he gave me his famous dimple smile that made me returned it as well. I am happy with the man I love and love me back. This man next to me has promised me a happy ending and I know he’s not the type to break his promise.

We entered siwon’s car but before siwon could hit the road, I grab his right hand making him turned to me. Quickly I capture his lips and nibble on it while my other hand played with his jet-black hair. He whimpered and I smirked in the kiss. I knew he like that.

‘I love you’ I said after we pull away to catch our breath. I could feel his breath on my face as we didn’t pull away that far.

He smiled and tucks a few strands of my hair behind my ear, ‘I love you more’

The End

 


 

Tada!!

Well i'm a Wonkyu shipper after all *shrugs*

Kyuhyuk shipper don't hate me! I really need a negative character in this story and i couldn't think of anyone else except our anchovy hehehe :D

I hope you like it and thank you for reading ;)

Comment below and tell me what you think okay?