chap #1

you are my unnie (one-shot)

“OK, eunjung nice work. Wow, you are beautiful. ok. Ok. Cool eunjung. ok.” The cameraman voice can be heard all over the room. The photoshot is still ongoing even it is already 3 hours since they start. Eunjung the part time model give the production more satisfied feeling than the actual model. “good job eunjung. don’t look here. Good. Ok, we’ll take a rest now.” The cameraman put the camera down. Eunjung walk out from the set, bow to the crew with a wide smile. “thank you. Thank you.”

The cameraman approach her. “good job dear. We’ll have 2 more style after this and we will be done after that.” “ne.” “go take some rest and change your clothes after that.” Eunjung nod. She sit at the chair nearby drinking some water. She take her phone. “ah, its already 9 pm. No wonder i’m so hungry.” The cordy tap her shoulder. “eunjung~ah, you need to get change. the next shoot is about to start.” “arasso.”

“ke re eunjung~ah. Thats it. woah you look good.” The cameraman praise her non-stop. 2 hour pass, the photoshot at last come to the end. “thank you for your hard work. Thank you.” Eunjung say while bow to the crew. “thank you. Thank you.” The cordy approach her. “the chief want to meet you.” “ne unnie. eodi?” she point to a corner. “gomawoyo.”

“sajangnim, you want to meet me?” he smile. “here is your payment for today. It is only half, the other half will be given to you tomorrow. Don’t forget to come to my office to take it ok.” Eunjung take the envelope. “isn’t it too much for half payment?” eunjung ask him. “they like your work. So they say, they will pay you high if you can be the model for the brand. It is like their regular model. And it is the start.” Eunjung smile widely. “chinjja? chinjjaji?” he nod. “woah, i’m so happy. Thank you sajngnim. Thank you so much.” “aniya. It is your hard work that make them trust you.” He smile pat ruffle eunjung hair. “i need to go and change. thank you again sajangnim.”

Eunjung walk away. She left the company with her car. “ah, stomachache. Oh no, don’t come at this time.” She hold her stomach. She has a gastric since she was little. Now, it come even often especially when she skip one of her meal. eunjung park her car at the side road and head to a restaurant that still open. “annyeonghaseyo.” “annyeonghaseyo. What did you need young girl?” “erm, give me a serving of fried chicken and kimchi chigae.” “ne.” She walk away. Eunjung hold her stomach. “its ok. I will feed you something ok. So don’t being ache anymore. You got me?” she say, mumbling.

Eunjung look out. She can see a girl being surrounded by a group of boy. “aisy, kids nowadays.” she say, stand up. “ahjumma, just put my order on the table. I will be back later.” The woman nod. Eunjung walk out from the restaurant approaching them. she can see the girl try hard to avoid the boys touch.and she start to cry. “aigoo, such a cry baby.” “don’t touch me. Go away.” Her husky voice can be heard. Eunjung shook her head. she stand behind the folded her arm. “mind to tell me what happen here?” the boys that heard eunjung voice startled. They look back before run away. Eunjung approach her. “hey little girl. Don’t cry, you are save now.” Eunjung say kneel infront of her. She is crying badly, scared.

“its ok little girl. They all gone. come here, aigoo, aigoo.” Eunjung say hug her. After a while, she stop crying. “what are you doing here? It is already midnight?” eunjung ask her. No answer. “what is your name my dear?” “jiyeon.. park jiyeon.” she say smiling. Eunjung look at her. She has her backpack and luggage with her. Jiyeon is shivering too. eunjung take off her jacket. “here, wear this. You are cold right?” eunjung say put the jacket on her. Jiyeon look up. “aniya, its ok. I’m not.. ahcumm.” “look, that is the prove you are cold. Come on, we go to a warmer place.” Jiyeon look up. “no worries, i’m not a bad girl. I’m just trying to help. Ka ja.”

They headed to the restaurant eunjung went earlier. Jiyeon sit infront of eunjung. “so jiyeon..”

Growlllll... a music sound can be heard from jiyeon stomach. “nice sound.” Jiyeon blush. “lets eat first. We’ll talk later.” Jiyeon look att eunjung. “can i eat?” “yes you can.”as soon as eunjung finish her word, jiyeon eat the food like she didn’t eat for a week. “yah, eat slowly. You may choke.” Eunjung shook her head. ‘how long did you didn’t eat girl?’ she think, while eating her food. Not long after that, they done. “woah, when did you last eat something?” she say. “i’m sorry if i eat a little too much.” Jiyeon say bow to eunjung. “aniya, i didn’t mean it. i just want to know since you look like so hungry.”

“i didn’t eat since yesterday.” “no wonder. And what did you do outside, at this time with all your bag, luggage and all.did you run away from home?” jiyeon head down. “you really run away?” she nod. “wait, why did you do that? I don’t want to be accuse as a kidnapper later.” Without even raise up her head, jiyeon voice out. “i don’t like to be there. Don’t worry, they will not find me. They didn’t even bother to find me anyway.” Eunjung look at her, curious. “i don’t understand actually but since i am so tired. And you look tired too, why don’t you follow me to my house? As i say earlier, no worries. I’m a good girl.” Jiyeon look at her, smile and nod.

They arrive at eunjung house. “go and take shower. You can use guest room at the right side. My room will be in front of the room.” Eunjung say to jiyeon heading to the kitchen to drink some water. “is it ok for me to be here eunjung~ssi? What about your parents?” jiyeon at last voice out after a long silence. Eunjung smile. “i’m all alone here. No problem. Go take some rest, it will be a long day tomorrow.” Eunjung say sit at the couch.

-----

Jiyeon wake up when her alarm ring out loud. It is 6.30 am. She refresh herself before going out from her room. She go to the hall. Eunjung house is a neat and tidy house with a simple decoration. The special about her house is she has many rilakkuma all over her house. “she must like rilakkuma a lot.” She mumble alone. Jiyeon go to the kitchen. She thinking deeply before take some ingredient from the fridge to mkae some breakfast. 20 minutes later, eunjung come out from her room with a black tank top and short. “good morning eunjung~ssi.” “ah kkamjjag~ya.” Eunjung say upon she heard jiyeon voice. “oh, i’m sorry if i’m scared you.” “aniya, its ok. Usually i’m all alone here, thats why i’m startled when i hear your voice. Good morning jiyeon. and it is unnie. drop it with those formality ok. what are you doing?”

“i’m sorry if i berge in your kitchen and use whatever i want as i wish without your permission. I just want to make breakfast for you as thank you for saving me last night.” “enough with that sorry ok. Come on, lets eat together. Woah, kimchi fried rice.” Eunjung say eating happily. “so jiyeon, mind to tell me what happen to you?” “my parents died in a car crash 4 month ago. Since then, i live with my uncle at my house but they treat me badly since my parents died. They are not like that before, but i just find out later they just want my parents money.” Eunjung nod. “so they abuse me, treat me like a maid. Even i’m live at my own house, i feel like i am a maid. That why i run away.”

“i’m sorry about your parents. About your uncle, you need to report it to the police i think.” Jiyeon shook her head. “just let them be. Since they will not get anything.” Eunjung raise her eyebrow. “my parents arrange their account well. So what they get is nothing compare to what hidden. So let them be.” Jiyeon say calmly. “but isn’t it is your money?” “ne, its my money but let it be like their payment because they taking care of me even it is not like what i think.” Eunjung nod. “want to live with me here since i live alone?” “how bout unnie parents?” “they died since i was 15.” Eunjung say smiling. “mian unnie.” “its ok. So how?” “thank you unnie. thank you so much.” “jiyeon, didn’t you need to go to school?” jiyeon keep silent. Eunjung sip her coffee before voice out.

“i know what you thinking about. I will arrange your transfer from your previous school to my school.from now on, you are my dongsaeng. Ok?” jiyeon face brighten up. “chinjja? chinjja unnie?” eunjung nod. “thank you unnie.” jiyeon hug eunjung tight.

-----

Its been 3 month jiyeon leave with eunjung. they going to school together, study together, jiyeon even get job as a model with eunjung. sometimes, when eunjung going to work, jiyeon will be at home cleaning the house and cook for her. Same goes as eunjung when jiyeon need to go for work.

It is weekend, eunjung get a job as a model for the usual brand she being work. Meanwhile, jiyeon just be at home for the whole day. It is already 3 am. Eunjung still didn’t come back. “aisy, where is unnie?” she walking back and forth at the hall. At last, the door widely open. Eunjung enter the house holding her stomach. Her face look so pale. “unnie are you ok?” “my stomach. Ah..” eunjung say weakly. “unnie what happen?” “i feel like want to vomit.” Eunjung run towards the sink but nothing come out  . “medicine. My medicine in my room.” Jiyeon run towards her room. She come back with a packet of medicine.

 Jiyeon look at the label. “you have gastric unnie? whn did you last eat your meal?” “this morning.” “breakfast you mean?” eunjung nod. “you should tell me unnie if you have any illness. Come on, we go to your room.” Jiyeon bring eunjung to her room. She put soem oinment on eunjung stomach before going out to cook something for her. “get a rest ok. I’ll be back with some food.”  Jiyeon cook some porridge.

“eunjung unnie, ierona. Here eat some of this before going to sleep.” Eunjung open her eyes. She shook her head. “no apetite. I feel like want to vomit.” “just a little ok unnie. after that, you can take your medicine and get some rest. You will be ok tomorrow.” Jiyeon try to persuade her. Eunjung nod. She sit while lean on the bed. Jiyeon feed her, but not much after that she refuse. “just alittle bit more unnie.” eunjung shook her head. “ok, here your medicine. Get some rest ok.” eunjung take it with a gulp of water.

She lay on the bed, closing her eyes. “good night unnie.” jiyeon say eunjung hair. “thank you jiyeon.” eunjung last word before going to dreamland. “welcome unnie. you are not alone now. How you save me before, let me be with you now and forever because you are my unnie. thank you unnie.”