deck the halls!

deck the halls!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❄deck the halls!❄

 

“Appa! Appa, wake up!”

Hyukjae’s nose scrunches up at the noise but he doesn’t open his eyes. As far as he knows it’s his day off and he would really appreciate to spend the entire chilly morning cuddle up in the warmth of his blankets. Apparently though, and unfortunately for him, his five year old daughter Haru has different plans.

“Appa! Appaaaaa~~” She drags the last syllable purposely, something that makes Hyukjae smile because he knows exactly where his daughter learnt that. He feels soft punches on his arm, the little shake and murmurs of ‘Daddy wake up!’ and he is quick to pull the tiny bundle in his arms and snuggle her close to his chest, telling her to sleep. He hears the muffled whines and feels how she’s struggling to get out of his hold. Hyukjae chuckles and squeezes his daughter tightly, the deed earning him a shriek from his little girl. Haru manages to pull her head out and the moment she does so, Hyukjae kind of regret making her angry.

“Appa!!!” She screams and Hyukjae is quick to sit up from the bed.

“I’m up! I’m up!” He says right away and gathers his little princess in his arms, kissing her pout away and asking her what she wants.

“Let’s go!  Let’s go!” She exclaims, jumping repeatedly on his bed before holding his hand and dragging him out of the room. Hyukjae is still sleepy but he can’t really say no especially when his little princess is cackling excitedly, her face brighter than the sun. He scoops her up when they descend the stairs, carefully holding her close which is a little difficult because she keeps on waggling her legs and just couldn’t keep calm with whatever it is that she wants to show Hyukjae.

As soon as they reach the last flight of stairs, Haru wiggles out of his embrace and although Hyukjae initially wants to check the kitchen to greet his husband, his daughter is pulling him again to their front door.

“Alright, alright we’re heading out but you have to wear your coat first—oh, you’re already wearing it.” Hyukjae realizes and it is then that he really has the chance to take a good look on his daughter and notices how she is totally dress up in her winter clothes from her head to toe.

“Am I missing some—,”

To say that he is caught off guard will be an understatement.

Hyukjae grabs his forehead, the last bit of his drowsiness slipping away as he feels the pain and the cold of being hit by a snow ball. He shivers as the morning breeze kisses the skin on his face and takes in the fact that the rest of their front yard and the entire neighborhood are covered with snow.

Another snowball hits him, this time on his thigh and when he eyes the direction it came from he figures he couldn’t really get mad at all.

A few meters away from their doorsteps, right at their front yard, the two persons he knows to love the snow more than anyone in the world are bundled up in their winter clothes from head to toe, digging up and giggling. Hyukjae would’ve feel bad because they’re evidently poking fun at him, they even hit him when he’s clearly unarmed, but the raven-head man knows he couldn’t even if he tried.

Not when these two are the most important persons in his life.

“Hyukjae-yah, it’s winter already!” He hears his husband chirps and he chuckles before stepping out of their doorstep and joining the two of them.

Of course he has to go back a little while later because it’s freezing cold and he’s still in his sleepwear.

Of course his husband and their daughter laugh at him and call him stupid for it.

But oh well, here’s another winter for the Lee family.

 

 

“Appa, appa! I’m putting the star! I want to put the star!” Haru jumps up and down while she tugs on his pants.

Hyukjae is still yet to take in all the things his daughter hangs up in their Christmas tree, and that includes some of her stuffed toys, their dogs’ own plush toys, some onion rings, socks and pictures. He turns and looks at his husband, the one who helped their daughter decorate the living room while he takes care of the rest of the house.

Donghae is biting his bottom lip yet the way his eyes twinkle kind of gives away the fact that he’s suppressing a grin. When he notices that Hyukjae is looking at him, he blinks a couple of times, feigning innocence while his husband squint his eyes at him.

“What? She said she wants to hang all her favorite things!” Donghae reasons out with a straight face but the way he bites his bottom lip yet again towards the end of his sentence simply tells Hyukjae that he is enjoying this. Hyukjae snorts and shakes his head. Really, the things his husband teaches their daughter.

And the things he put up with because he is so whipped.

“Appa, appa! Bring me up!” Haru continues to tug his pants and leaves Hyukjae with no choice but to pick her up and place her on his shoulders. She carefully puts the glittering golden star on top of their Christmas tree before tapping Hyukjae’s face and telling him to walk back a little so she can see if she positioned it right.

“It’s perfect!” Haru pipes and even claps her little hands together.

“Yes it is, baby.” Donghae answers as he stands beside them, wrapping his arms around Hyukjae’s waist while smiling back at their daughter.

Hyukjae thinks the star is a little crooked and the tree looks messy with all sorts of assortment he knows he needs to take off later when Haru isn’t looking (and he hopes she wouldn’t notice!) but his tiny angel is giggling in happiness over his shoulders and his equally cute husband is hugging him tightly that Hyukjae can only smile and say that yes..

“It’s perfect.”

Everything is.

 

 

Donghae yawns and turns the knob, here’s to a start of another day and as usual, he has to cook breakfast for his husband and their daughter (and their two cute dogs!) Yet as soon as he opens the door, he feels two hands on his waist that swiftly swerves him around and before he knows it, a pair of plump lips is on his thin ones.

The kiss is sweet, slow and brief but just like all the other kisses he had shared with this man, it always leave tingling sensation in his spine, making his toes curl and his knees weak. When Hyukjae pulls out, there’s this sleepy gummy grin on his lips and the beautiful laugh lines on the side of his eyes and Donghae kind of have second thoughts on starting the day or just snuggling back on the bed with his husband.

“Good morning, baby.” Hyukjae whispers with his hoarse voice and Donghae whimpers before taking the initiative to kiss the life out of him.

-

Some hours later, Donghae kind of wonders if it’s the national kissing day because his husband has been kissing him every now and then and although he definitely likes it, he is really curious why. He kissed him just as he entered the kitchen, kissed him when they met on the stairs, kissed him just before they went out of the house to shovel the snow out of their pathway. And right now, just as he is going inside the bathroom to check on Haru and their dogs who are having their bath time, Hyukjae scoops him and plants a fat smooch on his lips.

“Ahh! Appa and appa kisseu-kisseu!” Haru shouts from the bath tub, Choco and Bada barking beside her while they play in the lukewarm water. Donghae coughs before slap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter