Chapter 1

This Christmas

I hope it doesn't get confusing because I changed POV's from time to time....If the *'s are Red, it's jungkook, if it's green, it's Min.:) (sorry if its super cheesy and yeah..)


     "I'd like a Caramel Macchiato please." She said, ordering from her favorite coffee shop, Starbucks. She patiently waited until they called her name out. "Thank you." She said, and took the drink and sat on a table. Opening her backpack, she pulled out her laptop, put in headphones, and started to work on her homework assignment for the day.


      It was a cold winter afternoon in Seoul, he went to Starbucks to order some coffee. "Caramel Macchiato, please." He said. Once he recieved his drink, he sat at the long table where other students were sitting. He quietly drank his coffee and inspected everyone and their actions. They were all either working on homework, or messing around. He then started to watch the girl sitting right in front of him. The girl was quietly and intently typing on her keyboard while taking various sips of her coffee. He would watch her face whenever she made mistakes, and he would smile. "This kid," He thought to himself. 

     Frustrated, she continued to work on the essay, knowing she would be at Starbucks all night. The distractions didn't help at all either. Looking up, she finally met eyes with the mysterious student sitting right across from her. She noticed he was looking at her for a while. "Can I help you with anything?" She slowly asked. He laughed. "Did I do anything wrong?" She looked around, also looking to her clothes making sure there was no coffee stain. 
     "You seem like you need help." He spoke.
     "How long have you been watching me?" She asked, creeped out. He just stood up and sat next to the vacant seat next to her. "What do you need help on?" He asked, while reading her essay.
     "It doesn't sound right."
     "It seems okay. You're overthinking yourself." He moved the laptop nearer to him so he could help edit. 
     "Really? I don't need anything else??" 
     "You're good." He smiled. The look of stress on her face immediately cleared out and she started to pack her things. When she stood up, he did with her. The boy stood a lot taller than her, and was wearing jeans with a red scarf and a black jacket.
     "Thanks," She said to him. "So I guess that's it?" She asked, not knowing any other way to thank him.
     "I'm Jungkook." He held out his hand. 
     "I'm Min." She shook his hand back. "Are you from Seoul?" 
     "I'm a transfer student from Busan. I've been trying to find some people who go to the school I'm transferring into." He put his hands into his pocket. 
      "I could tell from your dialect. What school?" 
     "Seoul High School."
     "You seriously haven't found anyone from there? I guess you found the right person." She slid her bag onto her shoulder and started to head outside. "I was wondering if you could tour me around." Jungkook asked.
     "Sure." She said, they kept walking. "Oh yeah, why me of all people? Everyone else in Starbucks earlier were from that school."
     "You were the calmest there. I don't know. You seemed the easiest to approach." He shrugged.
     "I'm not as calm as you think." Min looked at him. They were still walking around the city before going home. As they walked, Jungkook would take glances at Min as they walked. He took of his scarf and put it around her.
     "We just met, but he's treating me like a princess." She thought, as she stopped to look at him.
     "You looked cold." He smiled lightly. 
     "Well I'm almost home, you should start making your way too." She began to take of his scarf until he stopped her. "It's okay. You can give it back to me tomorrow at school. I'll meet you at the front gate." He waved, then just walked off. Min walked back home, Jungkook on her mind. He was really interesting. They just met, but he's acting as if they've known each other for years. 

    The next day, Jungkook was on his way to school with two coffee's in hand and he saw Min waiting outside the gate in her school uniform. "Where have you been? It's so cold!" She hit his arm. 
     "I bought coffee." He handed her the cup, and noticed she was wearing his scarf. She took a sip. "Hod did you know I liked Caramel Macchiato?" She asked. 
     "I didn't...it's just my favorite too." Jungkook shrugged.


            *                                                         *                                                                      *

    Min was really nice. I was hanging out with her the whole day. We just met though. Yet I feel like she's an old friend. I can't forget to mention she was pretty too. "How did you like the first day?" She wasked me as we got out of class. Thank god it was Friday, and it was our winter break. We went to a nearby convience store to get some ramen. "It was good." I finally replied to her. "Good." She said.
     While we were eating ramen, I had a sudden idea. "Do you want to know anything about me?" I asked her. "Why was it me you approached." She asked. 
"I already answered that." I said blankly.
     "Fine. What's so interesting about me?" She asked after thinking for a while. "You're just interesting." I said, finishing my ramen.
     "Can you fix your dialect?" She asked. I went silent and just looked at her. She smiled at me, revealing an eye smile, "What? Sometimes I can't understand okay?" I smiled because she was acting so cute.
     "I'll work on it." I said.
     I paitently waited for her to finish the rest of her ramen. Once she did, we headed back out. "well, I have to go home, or my mom's going to worry I'm out partying or something." Min said.
     "Do you maybe want to hang out this weekend? Make it an early Christmas?" I heasitantly asked her. "Sure," She pulled out her phone and handed it to me. "Just type in your number, I'll text you later." I put in my number and handed her phone back. 


             *                                                     *                                                 *
    That same night I refreshed myself and picked up my phone. I remembered I had to text Jungkook.

Hi Jungkook, It's me, Min.

Hi! ^_^

So do you have any plans for this weekend? Maybe that way we can get to know each other more.

How about Lottee World? Since it's Christmas season c:

Sounds good. What time?

I'll come around your neighborhood tomorrow morning.

Okay. See you tomorrow morning.

Goodnight~=]

    I woke up the next morning, groggily staring at my alarm clock. I noticed the time was almost 11 am. I completely forgot I was going to Lotte World with Jungkook. I rushed to put on a quick outfit. I couldn't let him see my bare face, so I just went natural with BB cream. "Hello? I picked up my phone.
     "Min! I've been trying to call you!"
     "Sorry, I was getting ready. I'll be there in 5." I said. "Mom! I'm going now!" I rushed to put on my shoes and left the house. I was literally running to the corner. Once I saw him, I began to recollect my breath. "Goodmorning." He said, looking at me. "You look like you just got out of bed." I remained silent.


               *                                                         *                                                                      *

     When I saw Min literally running up the block, I felt she was late or something. I didn't really mind waiting in the cold, but I guess the faster she got here, the longer we could spend together.   

     We arrived at Lotte World and got in after a long wait in line."I haven't been here in years" Min looked around. "I've never been here. " I said, clueless. "Oh yeah. Busan boy." She smiled. She seemed like she was in such a good mood. "I'll take you on every ride." She grinned.

     "While we're waiting in line we can tell eachother about ourselves." I added. "Call!" She took my hand as we started to walk around. Flustered by her action, I grinned like a total idiot.
     By the time it was 3pm, we've gone on a majority of rides and I've learned so much about her. She seemed more comfortable with me now. "Want to go ice skating?" I asked her. "Sure." She nodded. "Let's eat first. I'm hungry." 
     We kept walking and found a cute hat booth. I grabbed a panda hat and put it on her head. Her face looked so cute and confused. "How does it look?" She asked.
     "Ugly." I smiled and grabbed the same hat. "I'll get these two hats!" I called to the store owner. I paid for them and put the hat on my head to match her. "I thought you said they were ugly.." She said as we left the store.
     After we ate, we headed back to the ice rink. "I'll go get the skates."

    I left her at the ice rink, and while I walked around for a bit, I saw a nearby Christmas stand. "Do you have any ______ I could borrow?" He nodded then just gave me one. "Thank you!" I said, then walked away. I then passed by a rose shop and bought some roses. I felt really nervous in some way and kept wondering, "Why are you doing this?" Here goes.


                   *                                                         *                                                                      *

     Why did he feel more thank a new friend? He was so bubbly and welcoming. He makes me feel more welcomed to Seoul rather than me doing that. I sighed and rested my elbow on the railing, watching all the couples and kids skate. "Min!" A voice called. I turned around, to see my friend, Jaemin. "Jaemin!" We approached each other and she gave me a hug. "Why are you with that new Busan kid hanging out?"

     "Jungkook." I corrected. "Yeah, why are you guys hanging out again?" She asked.
     "I don't know. To be friends more." I shrugged. "Are you sure you guys aren't dating?" She asked me. "No!" I expressed. "We barely know each other. Go have fun with your boyfriend." I shooed her away. "Have fun with your soon-to-be-boyfriend!" She waved to me and walked off. I rolled my eyes. We're just friends.
     I was so lost in waiting for Jungkook, I got distracted watching all the cute kids skate (still.) I felt someone stand next to me.  It was Jungkook. His left arm was holding up something above our heads. I looked up. Was that I mistletoe? What? "But we just..." I couldn't say anything. He had the most genuine smile on. I didn't know what to do. I just smiled at him (I think?) He suddenly brought his face closer to mine. We were looking at each other in the yes, and I felt my heart racing? He stayed there for a while...just smiling. I was...scared...but touched? Then he quickly (and shyly) gave me a kiss on the lips. My world froze. I just watch him as he brought out his right hand, revealing a boquet of Roses. I couldn't say anything. But we just met? Barely three days ago? "Merry Christmas Min," He smiled, looking into my eyes. "What are you doing? Let's go ice skating!" She said, as if nothing happened.
     I blankly put on my skates, but as I got to the entrance into the rink, I completely forgot how to skate. I was still taken aback from Jungkook's little surprise, my mind went blank. Jungkook took my hand again and brought me onto the ice. He took both of my hands, and skated backwards, reteaching me.
     I started to remember again, and we skated next to each other, a somewhat awkward silence. "So..." I said. "Was I too much?" Jungkook now looked sympathetic.
     "No, it's okay," I said. 
     "It's only been three days...but I've already fallen in love with you." He said quietly. "And I'd love to spend this Christmas with you."