Discoveries

The dance group

"Hyo... Hyo, oh my god... OH MY GOD HYOYEON COME HERE RIGHT NOW!"
"Gosh, what up girl?"
"We got accepted."
"To... what?"
"I, um. I signed us to this national group-dance competition and..."
"Oh man. OH MAN. AND... We need to start practicing, like, RIGHT NOW."

__________

Tiffany and Hyoyeon were friends since middle school. Their passion for dancing led them to the dance major they were in together and the job as dance teachers at Sunny's gym. Sunny was a nice boss and a truly admirer of both girls who worked for her; Because of that she let them and more 4 girls practice some choreography for their dance group at her property, on Sundays.
With this huge opportunity, though, just Sundays wasn't enough. And that was what Hyo and Fany were trying to say to the short haired owner.

"Look, look. You two. I know this is some one-time opportunity but... It's summer vacation time and the kid's dancing classes are always full... I have to make a living, you know?" Sunny said bittersweetly. She really wanted to help her friends but she was already doing more than she could. "You guys ought to find somewhere else."

"But... Where? I mean, there's no place we can actually afford for the intense training we need and-" Fany let out a sigh of defeat. "I'm sorry. I know you already do all you can..."

As the tall dancer was snuggling into Sunny's embrace looking just ready to shed some tears, Hyoyeon muttered something.

"You guys ever heard about that artist-chick down the block that owns a big studio and don't use it at all?"

"Hyoyeon. You're a genius. A real crazy one." The small blond said. "Fany, you going to need these."
________

"So, you're going to break in, offer some jellybeans as apology and hope she just let you guys use her place free of charge? What a bright idea." Jessica said to her friend on the other way of the line. Really, Tiffany had always been a bit cray, but this Sunny chick was like the insanity herself.

"It's NOT free of charge and... I don't know, ok? Sunny seemed to know this Taeyeon-girl. I mean, this is my last shot Jess. I... I have to believe." Fany was struggling to keep it up with this crazy idea but... What other way she had?

"If you are able to make this angsty-mysterious-artist girl lend her space I'm going to design AND make all the outfits you guys need." Jessica knew their dance group could do it if they had the chance. This was the least she could do for her dear friends.

"Jess you..." Tiffany was surprised for the offering was nothing but sudden. She was really touched. "Thank you. Really."

"Yeah, whatever. Now go back to your jellybean trap or something."
_________

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! How were you even able to get here anyway? Just... Get the out."

"Look... It was Sunny that gave me your key, she said... She said she talked to you about my dance group." Fany was trying not to lose her temper. Damn, this was all Soonkyu's fault, she should never have come here.

"Oh. OH. So you are the dancing-loser that doesn't have anywhere to practice? So, listen up. THIS. IS. MY. STUDIO. I'm using it. So get the out." Taeyeon was so damn annoyed. All Soonkyu's fault. All she wanted was to be alone, gosh, why was this so hard to get?

"Okay. Now you crossed the line you... You half-assed sketcher. You are SO not using this idiot studio of yours. Everybody knows you don't do a single thing here. You're too busy driving every person out of you life, so EXCUSE ME, but the loser title might suit you better." Tifanny got real close to her nemesis to say it all, finger pointed right into the seating girl's face. "I don't want your charity. I want to pay for it. So give me a call once you stop being a total douchebag." She stormed her way out of the artist studio, but just before she opened the door she remembered something. "And this is for you."

The bag of jellybeans landed at the floor right in front of Taeyeon. They were her favorite.
__________

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL OH MY GOD ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?"
Tifanny seated herself at the sofa of her own house trying to calm down her heart. The creepy angsty-sketcher was waiting for her there when she got home and totally scarred the hell of her.

"An eye for an eye, or something. Got your keys from your roommate." Taeyeon said simply, trying not to look directly at the dancer. "I came to apologise."

"Is that so?" Fany said kind of surprised.

"Yeah, you were right."

"Well, you did cross the line with all that name calling and-"

"No, I mean. Yeah. That too but I'm not using it, so... You guys could do something useful with it... My studio, I mean." The artist was feeling totally uncomfortable. It seemed like ages since she last had a conversation with someone that wasn't her family or Soonkyu. And it just didn't help that this girl had this heartwarming, soulmelting smile that was flashed right at her after hearing those words.

"You're... Serious? I mean, oh gosh, thank you! Thank you!" Tifanny wasn't thinking too much when she got up to hug the short girl. But she soon felt that Taeyeon was not very comfortable with the gesture. "I'm sorry, I... I mean, I was just happy and... When can we...?"

"Just drop by anytime. You already have the keys." And then the small artist reached for the door. But not before dropping something at the other girl's sofa "And this is for you".

Tifanny wasn't really sure of why this angsty girl left her a black ribbon. But she kind of liked it.

___________

"Who would imagine this idiot idea would work out this way?" Jessica said mostly to herself, she didn't notice the short-blond-gym-owner that was approaching her.

"I wouldn't. I mean, this was my idea and I could never ever imagine this bizarre scenario." Sunny said in a playful tone, smiling softly at Jessica.
The last few months were like some crazy movie-like series of events. First Tae opened her studio to strangers, then, she actually starts to talk to them. And then she starts to DRAW again. After all those years. If only she knew... She would've made Taeng hang out with this girls before.
Well, but not just that, actually. Jessica was... Such a sweet girl. Soonkyu always felt kind of giddy next to her, like talking too much or not enough. Sunny was noticing the shy smiles the other was giving to her, too. This could lead to something nice.

"Yeah... But I'm glad it worked out this way. Fany's glowing with happiness..." Jessica said that, but she wasn't only happy because of her friend.

"I'm glad too. It feels nice to see Tae smile again. And..." Sunny looked at her feet, struggling to not sound so nervous. "I'm really glad I met you, Jessica."

Soonkyu was rewarded with a new shy smile from Fany's friend. "I'm glad I met you too, Sunny." Sica said searching for the short one's eyes.

That afternoon they didn't watch the girl's rehearsal.