| One |

The Beauty of a Dull Glow

 

 

“Hyung…” he whimpered as he inched closer toward the elder, seeking for comfort and warm. He nuzzled into Luhan’s chest and hugged him tightly, as if he was afraid of losing him.

 

His father’s angry face came into his mind once again. He remembered well on how his loving father had suddenly changed into a heartless devil. He was aware of the fact that his father was going to be the next CEO of Oh’s Corporation. But he was too oblivious about the whole situation. He was too young to understand about life. He did not know that money could change someone into a completely different person. Sometimes people love money more than theirs own self.

 

He needed someone to make him felt better, someone who he could rely on. And that person would be Luhan, the only friend and hyung he had.

 

“What happened, Hunnie?” he asked softly as the younger began sniffing and sobbing, wetting the elder’s light green colour T-shirt with his tears.

 

“Papa…h-he forced me t-to make something I do not want to…” he sobbed harder. His grip on Luhan’s became tighter, knuckles turning white.

“Did he ask you to learn business again?” he mumbled quietly but loud enough for the other kid to hear him. And the younger nodded his head briefly.

 

Luhan let out a sigh of defeat. He really hated seeing this weak and fragile side of Sehun. He missed the brunette’s cheeky smile and the sound of his beautiful laughter which he could barely hear lately. Sehun wasn’t his usual self anymore.

 

“Don’t worry, Hunnie. I will protect you. And I’ll always be by your side, okay? No matter what happen…” he said gently as he patted the younger’s dark brown hair.

 

“Really? You promise me?” he looked innocently at the elder with his puffy eyes.

 

“Yes, I promise. If you lost, you can call out my name because no matter how far I am, I will always hear you”

 

 

 

Lie. That was all a lie. Where are you when I need you the most?

 

 

/././

 

 

“Jong In, wake up. You lazy ” Suho growls while kicking the half- body on the floor. “How did you get into my house, brat?”

 

“Get out. I’m tired” he mutters, annoy by Suho’s unwanted presence.

 

“You ungrateful bastard. This is my house”

 

“Fine, fine…” he groans. He rubs his eyes tiredly and yawns. He went home at 3 in the morning and his mother refused to open the door, so he went to Suho’s house. He takes his T-shirt on the floor and grimaces when the strong smell of alcohol and smoke reach his nose.

 

“Did you get into my house by the broken window again?” Suho asked as he settles down in the corner of his small apartment. Jong In doesn’t answer him but buries his face into the pillow instead. And that does probably mean a ‘yes’.

 

“I don’t know what I should do with you, Jong In” Suho murmurs to himself.

 

 

/././

 

 

Kris walks toward his step-brother’s room with a tray of freshly made breakfast; a glass of milk and pancakes.

 

“Sehun-ah. Are you awake?” he asks while knocking on the door. He doesn’t hear any sound of movement from inside.  

 

“Sehun..?”

 

He starts to feel uneasy. His brother usually wakes up at 7 but its past 8 in the morning already. What is he doing inside? Is he sick?

 

He turns the knob and peek inside Sehun’s neat room. The lad is sitting on a wooden chair and facing the falling snows through the open window. The younger has his eyes close and he is wearing his white earphone, probably enjoying the soft melody of music which is playing on his iPhone.

 

No wonder he didn’t hear me.

 

Unconsciously, a small smile appears on Kris’s face. It has been a long time since Sehun looks so calm and peaceful. He doesn’t even remember when the last time he sees Sehun’s smile.

 

“What are you doing in my room, hyung?” the younger’s sudden question wakes Kris up from his trance. Sehun may not be able to see but he is aware by his surroundings.

 

“Oh…I bring your breakfast” he answers quietly as he sets the tray on the table.

 

“Who ask you to bring it for me?”

 

Kris flinches by Sehun’s cold and icy tone. He knows that his brother doesn’t like all the attention and sympathize from people. But it is his responsibility to take care of Sehun. No. Responsibility is not the right word. He is more concerns about the younger’s well-being. He worries about Sehun’s health because he looks deadly pale lately. But his step-brother never complains anything. And that’s making Kris even more worry because he knows Sehun well. The younger likes to keep things by himself. He tries to be strong in front of everyone though he is fragile and delicate inside. He doesn’t like the attention people give just because he is blind. He refuses people’s help because he wants them to see him as an independent boy despite of his pitiful condition.

 

“It’s cold here. Let me close the window for you, okay?”

 

Sehun doesn’t answer him. He takes his white stick and walks toward the door. He stops, hand on the knob. “I’m not a kid anymore, hyung” he says before opens the door and leaves.

 

Kris sighs tiredly. He has no idea on how to bring the ‘old’ Sehun back.

 

What should I do to make you happy again?

 

He stares at the snowy ground outside theirs huge mansion. An old big tree with a tree house in the branches catches his attention. Sehun used to spend his time in that tree house during his childhood. It reminds him of someone….Luhan.

 

 

/././

 

 

“Can’t you find at least a job? You such a pain in . No wonder why your mother kicked you out. You are indeed a tra-“

 

“Fine, hyung. I’ll find a job” Kai cuts the older before the word ‘trash’ escapes his mouth. He hates that word as much as he hates vegetables. For God’s sake, can everyone stop calling him trash?

 

He takes a sip of his lukewarm coffee before grabbing his worn out jacket and wears it. Suho gives him a questionable look.

 

“Yah, brat. Where are you going?”

 

“Finding a job” he answers shortly.

 

“What kind of job? Don’t tell me you’re going to work with the gangster on the street again”

 

“Don’t worry, hyung. I had enough with them. I think I will find a better job....modelling maybe? Because I’m y, don’t I?” Kai winks at the older playfully. Suho rolls his eyes.

 

 

/././

 

 

Kai is walking leisurely on the snowy pavement, hands in pocket. There are not too many people in the street today. When he walks past a dark alley, he hears a faint sound of scream and whimper.

 

“What are you doing here, pretty boy?”

 

He sees a man towering over a boy. He can’t be sure but the brunette looks like an Angel. The boy squeaks when the man grabs his arm harshly.

 

“You look delicious” he whispers into the boy’s ear and his earlobe. The brunette struggles to escape from the man’s strong grip but he’s too weak to fight back. His whole body is shaking furiously out of anger and fear, tears falling freely on his pale cheek.

 

He can’t stand watching this boy gets in front of him. He runs into the scene and throws a punch on the man’s ugly face. It has been almost three month since the last time he involved in a fight. And it feels good. It feels good that he can finally release all his sadness through his punch and hard kick. He doesn’t realize that his hand has been covers by the man’s blood and that man has already lost his consciousness until the brunette’s soft yet trembling voice reaches him, asking him to stop.

 

He comes face to face with the boy and his breath hitches. Despite of his puffy eyes and all the tears that never seem to stop pouring, he still looks beautiful.

 

“My b-brother. Please…c-call h-him” the boy stutters as he wraps his arm securely around his knee and buries his face into them. He feels so much weaker now. He can’t even protect himself. He is such a loser.

 

Kai stares at the boy for a few seconds before he reaches for the brunette’s phone which is laying on the dirty ground near him. He scans through the contact list.

 

“Is your brother’s name is Kris?” he asks, glancing at the boy. The brunette looks up hesitantly and wipes his wet cheek. Surprisingly, the boy’s eyes seem soulless and empty.

 

“Yes” his voice sounds rough and raspy, probably because all the screaming and crying he did earlier. Kai presses the ‘call’ button and places it on his ear, waiting for Kris to answer his call. He has to wait for only about 3 second before Kris’s worry voice ring in his ear.

 

“Sehun-ah? Where are you? Are you okay?”

 

“Your brother needs you here” he replies calmly. He tells Kris his location and the other says that he is going to be there in 10 minutes. He ends the call as he steps closer toward the boy.

 

The boy who’s known as Sehun is staring at his feet. He looks a lot better now. Though his face is still as white as sheet, at least he has stops trembling and his labour breaths have turn normal.

 

Kai hands Sehun his phone but the boy doesn’t take it. He does not blink at all, as if he can’t see it. Kai rolls his eyes tiredly.

 

“Take your phone” he simply says.

 

Sehun’s shaky hand roams on the dirty pavement before he grabs a hold on Kai’s leg and tries to reach for the elder’s hand to take his phone back. Kai widen his eyes in realization.

 

‘This pretty boy is...blind?’

 

 

 

 


 

I'm having troubles writing this because I always forget that Sehun is blind xD. Sorry if this is not what you guys has expected. But please tell me if you have any idea on how to make it more interesting. Please comment  ^^  Votes up are greatly appreciated :)