Prologue

Secrets of a Scarlet Letter

|Prologue|

“And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now…”

 

“And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

'Cause sooner or later it's over

I just don't want to miss you tonight…”

 

"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming

Or the moment of truth in your lies

When everything feels like the movies

Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive..."

 

“And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am…”

 

I can read your every move, your every thought. You've always been too readable. You smile in front of everyone, but that smile holds a different story that you wish someone could read. Your smile covers the pain you hold in your eyes. Those glistening eyes---dark as the night, deep as the ocean; yet clear as crystals, I can see right through them. The lies you carry in your heart is heavier than the pearls and diamonds you wear around you, in which they strangle you little by little. You’ve lost all possible feelings…numb from the pain you try to endure by yourself. You’re too comfortable being alone. The reflection you see isn’t what you wished to see. That girl standing in front of you isn’t the girl you had hoped to be. She’s covered with nothing but tears and scars that she tried to hide behind her makeup. To love is to live; but perhaps you don’t know what real love is. You bleed out of love, but living for nothing. No purpose in life, but the purpose that others tell you to live by. You’ve been stripped, you’re bare…you’ve been left with nothing to be happy with. You’re buried with wealth, but you never wanted it from the start.


I look at your lovely self once more and wonder.The scenes of our yesterday surfaces up on my mind. Small words were spoken as you plead me to look at you, to touch you, to kiss you, to hold you, to love you the way no one has before. And still, I wonder…was it just out of lust? Or was it much more than that? The way you would touch me, the way you would say my name, the way you would look at me, the way you would hold me, the way you would kiss me...tell me it was much more than an affair. Tell me that you love me too just like how I love you because I know none of these were lies...