Final

Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dandelions won't die, it's just waiting for the right time to grant your wish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“You know, hyung, I don’t usually question your decision, but this involved big amount of money we just spent. I heard you treat her yourself, free services, free medicines, free ward and you even paid off all of her family debts. Is she someone you know?” Yixing asked, taking a seat across his brother, looking at the other man with serious eyes.

Kyungsoo who had keep himself silent for a while now, finally sighed and slammed the record on the table, “That’s it, tell me, who is she to you?”

Yifan smiled. He stood up from his seat and stretched a little before plopping onto the couch, “I don’t know. I just feel the need to help her.” He lets out a small chuckle at the end of his word.

“What?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.

Yifan sighed, “Let me tell you guys something.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

That day, I was cladding in soaked shirts aftermath of walking in the heavy rain to the town. I was standing in front of the pharmacy, shivering in coldness, gripped with fear, contemplating about going in or not when the pharmacist gave me a warning glare. I was biting my lips a little too hard till it almost bleeds. I have only one or two bank notes inside my pocket, but I really, really, need to get the medicine for my brother. It was almost like I was standing in the middle of a dark hallway when suddenly the broken bulbs lights up and show me the way out. A pretty, petite framed boy, smiling at me before he made his way into the pharmacy; buying 3 packets of painkillers and linctus. I could only stare from outside the pharmacy, wondering why he bought the exact same things that I wanted.

My questions were answered when that boy walked out of the pharmacy and handed me the plastic bag. He let his black umbrella fall as he hugged me tightly and whispered into my ears… ‘Do not despair.’ He gave me a one last smile and walked away, before I could even reply anything. I was frozen in my spot, staring at the plastic bag in my hands while my brain tried to register what just happened. It took me a while to realize that, he was telling me to stay strong. And when I finally did, he’s already out of sight.

I still remember that boy. He had his lustrous dark brown eyes shining like the sun and moon, his lips that bloomed into a beautiful smile could even make all types of flowers in this world bow down to his feet, his unblemished pure skin radiates a kind of warmth that was too vivid to be forgotten. As if nothing in this world scares his small and fragile self, that boy was the perfect epitome of joy and life.

I didn’t know who he is or his name, but I know that I love him so much…

 

 

 

****** FLASHBACK TO 13 YEARS AGO******

 

 

 

Pure, untainted, unblemished, meticulous, as innocent as the color white, a creature that possessed such an unsurpassed beauty, his smile brightens the world in the middle of the night. Yifan called that boy Suho; his Suho. His curious eyes traveled to every corner of the world, every small thing amused him. He’s that kind of an endearing creature the God had gifted to brighten this world by his presence. Yifan doesn’t realize that he had been spacing out for too long, until a loud bark snapped him out of thoughts.

Yifan huffed and glared at the dog, “Fine! Fine! Geez, you’re so annoying.” He sighed, hesitantly taking his eyes off his subject of interest and crouched down to fix the dog’s collar and hooked the leash to it. “Let’s go.” Yifan ruffled the dog’s fluffy hair affectionately which caused the Japanese Spitz to groan in satisfaction.

“Hey, BenBen, do you think he’s nice as he looks like? I really want to know his name, you know.” Yifan said as they walked away. The adult dog only barked reply.

They were walking in slow pace while enjoying the nature when BenBen suddenly starts running to a certain direction, pulling Yifan with him. Yifan almost tripped while trying to catch up with the dog’s pace. “Calm down, bro. What’s with you?” He knocked the dog’s head lightly when he finally stopped. The dog barked at him again before nudging his legs and sniffed the air.

Yifan know exactly what he meant by that. “You really love those dandelions, don’t you?” He chuckled. He lets go of the leash and let his dog to run into the dandelion shrubs. He watched as his Spitz having fun with the yellowish flowers that contrasted well with his snowy white fur. Yifan lies down on the grass, breathing out in relief thinking that he could finally relax and loosen his muscles up after a day of working in the factory.

From distance, a petite boy was staring at them with gleaming eyes. When know that taller boy with dirty blonde hair and worn out clothes had been watching him earlier, that’s why he decided to followed them. Hiding himself behind a tree, that boy stared at the peaceful face of that blonde boy as he closed his eyes and savor the warmth of the sunset. He’s really handsome. A shade of crimson red started to make its way to the petite male’s fair skin.

Arf!

The blonde’s dog suddenly barked, sniffing at his direction. The petite male gasped and scrambled away from the spot he’s hiding before the tall blonde woke up.  

The blonde male swore he felt like someone is watching him, but he decided to pay no heed. When his dog barked again, Yifan opened his eyes lazily,  looking at his dog that was sniffing something. Yifan stood up, “I guess you’re hungry, right? Let’s head home, buddy. Yixing might already wait for us.”

 

 

 

Yifan leaned his back tiredly against the old rusty bicycle that he parked against the wall. A small smile doesn’t leave his lips though he felt so worn out at that very moment. He fished something out of his pocket, which turns out to be some crumple of money and his eyes glint in happiness while he counted the amount of it. Few seconds passed in silence, the blonde chuckled a bit as he finished counting.

With his deep voice, he spoke to himself, “Not that much, but enough to keep me and Yixing feed for few days.” He sighed in contentment before neatly tying it with a red rubber band and carefully placing it back to his pocket.

He sighs again, more loudly this time. His eyes felt so heavy. “I’ll just close my eyes for a second. Rest my eyes. I won’t sleep.”

His eyes slowly flutter close. Few shapes of incoherent geometries filled his vision, like 3-D shapes that floating. So tired…

“Uhmm… Excuse me?” A delicate voice interrupted him.

Yifan’s face scrunched up in annoyance. He opens his eyes, about to snap at whoever who just wake him up, only to have himself frozen in his spot when a pair of glorious dark brown orbs stared right into his soul, “I… yes?” He stuttered.

The other boy smiled a little, “I-I think it’s going to rain soon. You seem very tired. So here, have this umbrella and t-this… too…”

Yifan stared at the plastic bag, and then the boys’ eyes, “Why did you help me?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I just feel the need to.” He chuckled.

Yifan’s face twitched, but his heart flutters at the sight of his little crush giggling all cutely in front of him. The petite male then bows slightly and ran away. Yifan swear he could see the latter’s face turned red. He opened the plastic bag, “Wow…”

Bread, chocolates, milk and a letter. Yifan fished the letter out and unfolded it, “Please eat well.” It says.

 

 

 

“Yixing-ah, are you okay?” Yifan asked his brother, whose lying limply on the bed, face all pale like a corpse.

Yixing forced his lips to form a small smile to his hyung, “Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.” But then, he coughed.

Yifan’s eyes widened. “No, you’re not okay.” He placed him palm on his brother’s forehead. Yifan almost had heart attack when his skin touched the inhumanly hot one.

Yixing shook his head, “N-no. I’m fine, really. I have slight headache. My head is just a little light… but I’m fine.” He reassured.

Yifan, of course, did not buy his brother’s words so easily. “I’ll be back.”

That was all he said before he stormed out of the small house they lived in. BenBen barked at him, but he ignored the dog completely. The plastic bag and umbrella given by the petite male earlier was long forgotten. Paying no heed to the rain that started to get heavier, Yifan dashed through the rain, heading towards the town. He knows the money in his pocket won’t be enough, but maybe he should try at least. Yixing is the only brother Yifan has. After the death of their parents, both of them had no one but each other to protect themselves. Yifan doesn’t care about himself, but he’ll die if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter