Never Shed A Tear

Never Shed A Tear

“What do you mean by that, Jiyong?” you asked him, baffled by both his actions and his reasoning behind them. He had stood you up for a date tonight that you had arranged nearly a month ago. You had wanted to celebrate all the awards he had won at the MAMAs but he was busy with the Big Bang Dome tour in Japan. Tonight was the first night in a while he was supposed to be free so you had reserved a table at your favourite restaurant, hoping to get some long needed quality time with your boyfriend but he hadn’t turned up. At all. You had been arguing for quite a while and by now you were feeling more hurt than angry. It took some effort to control your tears with each cutting word he spat out at you but so far you had been doing well.

“I mean that you need to realise that I can’t really do anything about my schedule sometimes!” he snapped with attitude in his voice as he waved his hand at you, almost in a dismissing manner. He wasn’t even looking at you; instead he was busy typing away on his phone.

“I know but what I’m trying to say – if you bothered to listen – is that the least you can do is to send me a text!” you yelled at him as you ran your hands through your hair. You wanted to get his attention because what you were saying was very important to you but to some extent it was just the fact that he was driving you crazy that was making you act this way.

“I don’t have time to be on my phone!” he said as if he was talking to a small child. You stared at him, bewildered, with your mouth open and your hand pointing at the stupid gadget in his hand.

“Oh but you have enough time to instagram a million stupid pictures of your pink hair?!” you exclaimed, not understanding what had gotten into your sweet and loving boyfriend lately.

“Don’t be like that!” he, almost chastised you which only made you angrier.

“Do you know how embarrassing it was to sit by myself in that restaurant for three hours and not have you turn up? The waiter offered to pay for my food. The bloody waiter Jiyong!” you shrieked. You didn’t know what else to say for him to understand how much his treatment had hurt you lately.

“Listen jagi, it’s not my fault and you knew what you were getting yourself into when you started dating me so…” he trailed off, obviously not in the least interest in what you had to say.

“And what is that supposed to mean? That I’m just supposed to be happy with you treating me like crap and only making time for me when you feel like it? No Jiyong, I didn’t sign up for that at all!” you exclaimed, outraged at his reasoning. You had been nothing but good to him, being the kind and understanding girlfriend every time he cancelled a date. You never once questioned him, nagged him or were upset with him. You never asked him for anything other than this small favour and this was how he was treating you?

“If that’s how it is then why don’t you just leave?” he said in a rage but as soon as the words left his lips he realised his mistake. That didn’t help your hurting heart though. Tears immediately streamed down your face as you turned around to leave. You couldn’t stand to be near Jiyong right now.

Before you got too far though, a strong hand gripped your wrist and tugged you back into his chest. You covered your mouth with your hands in an effort to quieten your sobs though they were still wrecking through your body. His hand let go of your wrist but before you had time to move he wrapped his arms around your waist and nestled his head into the crook of your shoulder as he whispered apologies into your ears.

Minutes passed before you could gather yourself though when you tried to free yourself Jiyong only wrapped his arms tighter around your waist. You had to settle with turning around and facing him but when you did you were shocked to see his face twisted by shame, regret and sadness. His eyes were glassy though he refused to look into your eyes and suddenly you found yourself comforting him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed the side of his head as you held him close to yourself.

“Jagi… Jagi, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean any of it… I don’t know why I said it. I guess I got used to you being by my side but just now when you were about to leave I swear my heart stopped…. Jagi… I’m sorry….” he murmured through his tears. You weren’t supposed to feel anything at his explanation apart from anger. He had admitted that he had taken you for granted but for some odd reason here you were, feeling saddened by his words and wanting to make him feel better.

“I wasn’t going to leave you, babo. I needed some time away, you’re just so annoying sometimes.” you reassured him in a soothing voice, wanting him to know that however bad things would get you would never run.

“Promise? You promise you won’t leave me?” he questioned in an unsteady voice, almost as if he was scared of your answer.

“I promise I won’t leave you if you won’t make me, Jiyong-ah.” you told him, wanting him to know you loved him but that there was only so much you could take. At your answer he sighed and visibly relaxed. He pulled you closer into him and rocked you both side to side for a few minutes before he spoke again.

“I won’t let you. Ever.” he promised you.