time

Time

Comb hair, brush teeth, wash face, make yourself presentable for him. He’s waiting.

Baekhyun had to remind himself to put forth an honest effort today, especially today. It’s their anniversary, and there’s no way in hell he’d go to Chanyeol whilst looking like legit . With a soft smile, Baekhyun straightened his tie, knowing how much Chanyeol despised crooked ties because what’s the point in wearing a tie if you’re not going to wear it properly?

Looking himself over in the mirror, Baekhyun decided that this was as good as it’s going to get this year, or ever. He had long ago come to accept the fact that he was never going to look the same, act the same, or smile the same after what happened 3 years ago, and he was fine with that. Come to think of it, Baekhyun was ‘fine’ with everything nowadays. Nothing pleased him and nothing bothered him. He had learned to place a wall around his heart in order to prevent emotions from setting him off track, which subsequently meant no happiness or sadness, and Baekhyun was gratefull for that.

Checking the wall clock to his left, Baekhyun realized that if he didn’t start stepping, he’d be late. And that wasn’t okay. Chanyeol deserved better than late. He deserved better than Byun Baekhyun, and maybe if he realized that earlier, he wouldn’t be d-

No. This isn’t the time. Baekhyun reprimanded himself, sliding his blazer on and picking up the flowers Tao had set aside for him that lay on the coffee table. Although, it never seems to be the time, does it? He mused silently, beginning the silent trek to a location he would never forget.

Time.

That was the problem, it always has been, but they just didn’t know until they ran out of it. And now Baekhyun hates time and it’s concept more than anything. He hates how his share of time got extended and Chanyeol’s shortened all because of some ed up maniac who thought it would be an amazing idea to get on the road at 1 PM  ing drunk and who knows what else. He hates how everyone else in the world seems to go on with life as if they have no worries about the impending threat time has over them.

He hates . Baekhyun just hates.

Or, he used to, before he built that wonderful wall around his soul and trapped the hatred out. Now all he feels is….nothing. And nothing feels amazing compared to what he’s had to face in the past 3 years. His brooding is interrupted when something hard comes into contact with his foot and he looks up to  realize that he’s here.

Slowly, he makes his way, not even having to check names anymore because he knows exactly what room Chanyeol is in.

“I bet you missed me, huh? I….sorry, I haven’t been able to visit as much as I would’ve liked to. Everyone keeps telling me that it’s bad for my mental and emotional health, visiting you everyday. But if I didn’t visit you, then who would? You’re too bratty for anyone else to handle.” Baekhyun wasn’t expecting an answer, the gargled noises and uncontrollable, random spasms are enough for him to tell that Chanyeol is listening and understands, even if he can’t respond.

 

 

 

 

A/N

Chanyeol got into a car accident w/ Baekhyun and came out with a mental disability, in case anyone was confused, which you probably were because I at plot.

This was a spur of the moment thing, inspired by thepart of Exo’s Showtime where they were watching a movie and cried and I just don’t even know how I got this out of that but whateva.

Also insanely inspire by Miracles in December because the song makes me want to cry.