01

Unspoken Words

"Hey, Sam." No response.

"Leesem!" Still no response.

"HYUN JOO AHHHHH!" 26-year-old Sam snapped back to reality. She finally looked up to find Sera leaning over the table frantically waving her hands at Sam.

"Oh hey when'd you get up here?" 

"A little while ago. You didn't hear me come up?" asked Sera. She helped herself to a seat at the table. 

"No, I didn't... I was..."

"You were off in your own world again."

"Yeahhh..."

Sera gave her a warm smile. Sam, the daydreamer of Nine Muses, always looking like she's deep in thought but her members knew she was just sleepy half the time. However, Sam really did seem to have a lot on her mind recently.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem kind of down lately." Sera said with a worried look on her face. She paused and contemplated for a while before asking, “This might sound crazy but does it have anything to do with Hyu-“

"Hmmm? Yeah, no I'm fine. Don't worry." Sam interrupted her second question and tried to change the topic quickly. "So were you looking for me or something?" 

"Oh yeah! I came up to tell you the meeting is about to start. The managers need all of us in the conference room."

“Okay, I’ll be down soon.”

Sera got out of her seat but before she left she added, “Hey leesemonni cheer up!” and gave her a big smile. Sam returned the smile. “Thanks Sera.”

With Sera gone Sam was alone once again. Sam had the entire Star Empire building roof all to herself. She was sitting in her usual spot, a table by the ledge where she had the perfect view of the surrounding cityscape. This was her favorite hangout spot. The girls spent so much time at the company building for dance practice, meetings, rehearsals etc. that they practically lived here.

Sam loved coming up to the roof to read or listen to music or to just sit and relax. But today she couldn’t relax even when the birds were chirping and the weather was beautiful. Sera was right, she did have a lot on her mind. Sam couldn’t stop thinking about what was happening between her and Hyuna. Sam felt bad for lying to Sera but she wasn’t ready to talk about it yet because she herself didn’t understand what was going on.

---------------

SAM’s POV

Damn Sera is sharp. She was about to ask what was happening between Hyuna and I. If I didn’t cut her off I don’t know what I could’ve said. I don’t even know what’s going on between us. I just know things have changed. It’s become awkward and I don’t know why.

 

Actually, I do know why. I just don’t want to talk about it. I don’t know how to talk about these…feelings.

I think I’ve been subconsciously avoiding Hyuna, and I hate it. I miss talking to her and laughing with her but at the same time… I don’t know what to do after that day.

----------

FLASHBACK

~At the Idol Sports Championships~

“How much longer till the girls’ high jump?” asked Erin.

“They have to finish the boys’ 100m finals first. It’ll probably take at least half an hour.” answered Hyemi.

“Well then, lets go kill some time! The high jump mattress is over there we can try it out!” said Erin as she grabbed Sam by the arm and led her to the mat. The maknae-line followed.

Each of them practiced jumping and falling onto the mattress to prepare for the high jump event. They started off focused but soon it became a competition to see who had the most hilarious poses while falling. Erin and Sam, being the goofballs of Nine Muses, were obviously the craziest and roused a lot of laughter among the maknaes. Hyuna, who was standing nearby, heard the sounds and came over to the mattress as well.

When Hyuna arrived she found the girls lying on the mat with Sam sandwiched between Kyungri and Minha. The girls were laughing so much Hyuna couldn’t help but smile as well.

After Kyungri and Minha had enough of the mat they got up and walked over to where the other girls were sitting. Sam being the resident sleepyhead was still lying on the mat with her eyes closed.

 “Hey sleepyhead. You look like you need a massage.” Said Hyuna with a mischievous look on her face. She leaned right over Sam, locked her knees between her own and started massaging Sam’s long legs.

Sam who had been resting peacefully was completely caught off guard as she burst into laughter “Oh my god what are you doing? Hahaha it tickles!”

“I’m giving you a massage! Here! And here and here!” said Hyuna as she touched Sam all over her body and quickly turned the massage into a tickle-fest. She was making Sam laugh like crazy and Hyuna was loving the sound of her laughter. Sam tried very hard to escape but couldn’t because her knees were trapped between Hyuna’s and the other girl, despite her smaller frame, had some surprising strength.

“Hah you’re not going anywhere.” Said Hyuna as she grabbed Sam’s hands in each of her own and held them down on the mat. Sam was completely immobilized and finally stopped trying to squirm away.

Sam looked up and saw Hyuna’s cat-like eyes gazing intently at her. The two girls shared eye contact and for a few seconds it seemed like time had stopped and nothing else existed in the world.  

“I finally have you all to myself.” said Hyuna. “And I’m not letting you go.”

Hearing those words Sam suddenly felt her face get warmer and her heart beat faster. Being trapped under Moon Hyuna like this with her long, thin fingers intertwined in her own and her beautiful eyes looking seductively down at her was eliciting new emotions within Sam. Hyuna was making her blush.

Sam didn’t realize she had been holding her breath. She couldn’t hold the gaze anymore and was the first to look away.

Hyuna noticed the flush on Sam’s face. Feeling satisfied she gave her a cute smile and finally let go of her grip on Sam. She plopped herself onto the mat to lie right beside Sam.

Sam was surprised but she didn’t move away, she liked having Hyuna so close to her. However, there was this new tension suddenly between them that she just couldn’t ignore.

The two girls continued to lie on the mat while staring at the sky, and silently they enjoyed each other’s company.

“The women’s high jump will be starting shortly all participants please…” said the announcer over the PA system.

The announcement broke the silence as Sam immediately jumped up from the mat. She gave an awkward chuckle and said, “The high jump is starting soon so I better go get ready.” And quickly made her exit.

As Sam walked briskly away Hyuna watched with a sad smile on her face.

END FLASHBACK

------------

Back on the rooftop Sam was still lost in thought. She couldn’t get over that moment she shared with Hyuna, that feeling she had when Hyuna was on top of her and when they were lying beside each other it had felt so comforting. Sam isn’t the type that would shy away from anything but that was just… Even thinking back now it made her face red.

The championships were a few weeks ago and since then Sam had admittedly been avoiding Hyuna. They would only see each other when the entire group was gathered for dance rehearsals and performances but they barely spoke to each other. When there were just a few of the girls Sam would always grab onto Erin and make sure her twin was with her.

It’s not like the two aren’t close, in fact Sam is super comfortable with all the members but lately with Hyuna there was something invisible hanging over them, unspoken words that neither of them said.

All of a sudden Sam’s cellphone started to ring, it was one of the managers – one of the meaner ones. Ah crap, this can’t be good, thought Sam.

“Hyun Joo!! Why are you always up on the roof? Everyone is waiting for you!”

“Coming, coming! Sorry!”

Sam quickly grabbed her belongings and headed for the meeting.  

 

 

 

 

Chapter 01 END. HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT :))