To Our Future

Panda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Behind his toughness is hate and behind those hate is love.”

-Min Jung (Panda , Chapter 3)

 

 

Mr. Panda, also known as Tao (I just knew his name after the incident of calling him ‘Mr. Panda), and I are on our way to our teacher’s office. We were elected as the candidates for our school’s annual pageant. The theme’s about nature! Maybe we can dress up as a panda. Ooooohhhhhh…… That would be great!

 

“Mr. Panda, can we dress up as a panda in the pageant?” I asked excitedly.

            “Hell no! Why should I?” he sound irritated.

 

            I being a dense girl answered him, “But aren’t we known as somewhat connected to pandas so, more of a reason to choose them and you look like one and they are fluffy and so cute. Don’t you think so?”

 

 

 

            He grabbed my shoulders and squeezed it. His eyes, full of hatred, were locked in my eyes. “You have to know that you can’t just decide things. I already said no! Don’t you get it?! First of all, I hate pandas. They are nothing but disaster. They will just hurt people. Second, you are the one who called me ‘Mr. Panda’ that’s why people knew me as somewhat related to panda and last, I don’t look like a panda!”

 

 

 

            “I-is that so?” I muttered. I didn’t feel scared but my voice is trembling. I am used to people yelling at me but Mr. Panda. He, he made me remember that we can’t judge people, especially when we can’t read their minds. I remembered that sometimes, even though you know the person well, you still can’t make conclusion just because of it. Sometimes, the thing you thought you knew was never really revealed to you. Some people really don’t prefer to talk.

 

            “I’m sorry”, I said to him.

 

            We both went on our way to our homeroom teacher’s, Mrs. Smith, office. None of us uttered a word to each other, just quiet. Our shoes and the ground hitting each other is the only sound that can be heard.

 

 

 

 

We just had a long chat with our teacher. I let him do the talking about what we will be doing on the pageant. She explained us all the stuff and the things that will occur on the day of the pageant. Well, she already contacted our parents and they already said yes about the fees that will be done since we need money for our gowns, make-ups and choreographers (if we want). Her explanation took about an hour to finish. After that, we both went back to our class together but we still didn’t talk on our way back.

 

 

 

 

I had lunch at the canteen. Aya went with her boyfriend, Danny, to the café so I’m pretty much alone right now. Before I realize it, I was already singing a song. After that, I heard a voice from my back.

 

 

 

“Hi miss. You alone?” Kris asked. It’s Mr. Panda’s best friend! Kris!

“Yes. Do you need something?” I inquired.

“Uh-huh. Tao asked me to tell you to meet him at the cafeteria today, after class” he answered.

“Thanks for bothering but I think h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter