Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures

Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures

 

 

Ryeowook slumped on the bench next to him.

“Man, this !” he wailed in exasperation, hands flailing in the process.

It’s been hours since he went out of the dorm – supposedly just to buy sweets for himself. But instead of spending approximately 15 minutes outside, here he is – almost about to cry in frustration because it’s now 6:30 in the evening. And he got out from the dorm at 5:00 o’clock. Long story short – he was lost.

Kyuhyun and Heechul would surely again for this.

What more frustrating is – he left his phone at the dorm. Usually he would just call Hyukjae or Donghae to pick him up, but since he left his phone and doesn’t memorize any member’s number, he’s all in himself now. Good thing he remembered disguising.

And add the fact that he spent most of his money that afternoon buying his favorite sweets – because it’s their Christmas break so they’re free to eat anything.

He sniffed and pout like a kid (well he found it cute okay don’t judge).

Suddenly, he heard a growl.

No, it isn’t EXO’s song Growl.

It’s his stomach.

“Aaaarrrggghhh!!!”

A tap on his shoulder made him stopped his whining and started fearing for his life.

Am I discovered? Ryeowook asked himself frantically as he fixed his cap and face mask. Slowly, he turn around only to see a.. Hamburger?

 

~//~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~ // ~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~//~

 

A head stuck out from a bush, smiling cheekily as once again she saw civilization at the road ahead. Said person didn’t even dust off leaves and dust off her shirt and jeans as she started following the trail of the road.

After a long walk, the girl finally arrived at the bustling city of – she looked at the sign beside her.

Ah, Seoul.

. . .

The smile on the girls faded and quickly, looked again at the gigantic signboard.

“Seoul?” she mumbled herself, unaware of the people who stopped on their tracks to look at her. Leaves and dust were covering her hair and clothes – her backpack indicating that she was some sort of traveler.

Well, in a way, yes.

She is a foreigner who travelled to Korea for work. Her destination was originally at Jeju Island – to capture the beautiful sceneries of the famous tourist vacation in South Korea. But due to unfortunate circumstances which consists of: taking the wrong bus from Airport, going down (from the bus) to wait for the right one, and then following a beautiful butterfly while she wait on the terminal leading her towards the forest unconsciously – walking 16 miles from Incheon to Seoul for four hours.

Long story short – she got lost.

She sighed. “I did it again.”

Beep.

Her watch beeped, indicating another hour had passed. It was now 5:00 in her wrist watch (based on Philippines’ time; minus one hour because Korea’s time zone is an hour ahead of Philippines), meaning it was 4:00 in the afternoon – and she was already starving. She had last eaten back at the forest with her packed lunch.

Entering a convenience store, she picked two hamburgers and proceeds to beverage section.

“Whoa. I really want to try this one.” she said, picking up two boxes of strawberry milk. She remembered her Kpop bias – Hyukjae aka Eunhyuk – who is addicted to strawberry milk – or so as the fanfics says.

Yes! She’s a fan of Super Junior and is an ELF for years – a Jewel to be exact.

Since she always reads about Eunhyuk being addicted to strawberry milk, she badly want to try one, but unfortunately there isn’t any store that sells strawberry milk on her place. She even tried going through various store in other cities but she couldn’t find any strawberry milk.

She went to the counter and met eyes with the cashier.

. . .

After a pause the cashier computes the items. “Card?” she asks.

The girl nodded and fish out her American Express card.

 

As the girl waited for her transaction to end, she saw a small guy fanboying over the snacks section – more like smooching all of the chocolates there – which she found slightly amusing. Getting her DSLR out from her bag, she silently angled herself and took a picture of the boy as he carried numerous chocolates in his arms.

But the distracting part is not the chocolates – it was his disguise.

Who would wear shades, cap and mask at a store— ah, right, of course it is them.

They say that if you go in South Korea, just walk on the streets and you would certainly meet a Kpop idol – a disguised one, of course.

I wonder who this guy is.

“Ehem.”

The girl turned to the cashier and gave her a cheeky smile as she got her card and her items. Taking a last glance at the boy, she bowed at the girl in the cashier and leaves.

 

“Not bad.”

She sipped the strawberry milk as she walks again, finding a near inn to spend the night because it’s almost nearing 6:00 in the evening. As she was about to take a turn to a street however, she was startled when a figure nearly bumped on her. With quick steps she pauses, and stared at the figure murmuring nothings in the air.

The girl watches the figure as it walks clumsily – like a person being lost.

Said figure grunted as its head hit the lamp post.

Why is he wearing shades and mask anyway – wait! He’s familiar! Wait it.. wait it.. aha! He’s the guy at the convenience store earlier!

Another grunt escaped as the figure hit a tree this time.

I think he’s lost.

. . .

After following the guy for 30 minutes, the girl was sure that the figure was indeed lost. The latter stopped and sits on the bench near him. The girl looked around and guessed that they were at a park.

“Man, this !”

Holy mother-

The girl almost choked in air at the familiarity of the voice.

Kim Ryeowook.

 

~//~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~ // ~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~//~

 

Ryeowook took the hamburger suspiciously. “Uh, thanks.” he utters, eyes blinking at the food in his hand. The figure – which he suspects a girl – is wearing a white wife beater and white hoodie jacket, which was paired with ridiculously big backpack and brown Reebok rubber shoes.

He was shocked however, when the girl answers in English.

“Welcome, Ryeowook-ssi.”

He gaped as she looked at the girl sipping her strawberry milk, before looking frantically around them to see if there were other people at the moment.

He found none.

With a trembling voice he asks, “H-how do you know it was me?”

Ryeowook indeed found out she is a girl when she turned to him and her face was illuminated by the lamp. “Dude, do you even like, look at yourself in the mirror? If not, then I think you should – so you would know how suspicious that looks.” she said, pointing at his mask with a blank expression.

Given that Ryeowook is fluent in English (the members didn’t know that; who knows if he could use it as a secret weapon?), of course he is a bit offended.

“Yah-“

“Don’t speak.”

How dare she-

“I recognize you because of your voice.”

… Huh?

“It’s feminine despite of you being a guy.”

… Eh?

“But it’s what makes you unique.. so I kind of like it.”

Ryeowook bit his lip – feeling a blush coming. Thank god he’s wearing a mask.

 

Suddenly he yawns, making the girl turned to him and asks, “You alright?”

“I’m alright, just tired.”

The girl nodded. “That’s what I guess. How are you going home now?”

“Don’t know. I guess I’ll just drop by at SuKiRa.”

“I thought it was close today because it’s Saturday.”

Ryeowook felt like he’s being turned to stone slowly – in which the girl replied with a short laugh. She slumped on the bench and looked at the stars. “You know your dorm’s address?”

“Huh? Y-yeah, of course.”

What will she do?

“I think I got a map of Seoul at my bag. Hmm. Let me check.”

The girl started rummaging at her backpack and all of a sudden, gave Ryeowook a pen and a blue sticky note. “Write the address.” he gave her a disapproving look but before he could say anything, the girl beat him to it. “Don’t worry; you’ll be the one to hold it so no worries.”

“I could just point the directions.”

The girl stopped, and then she frowned. “I don’t know. Just felt something going to happen. Aish, just write it okay? And what did I say about talking?!”

Ryeowook pouted. “Geez, you’re like Leeteuk and Heechul-hyung in one.” he whispers as he wrote down the address.

Minutes after..

“Aha! Here! I found the map of Seoul! Let’s get going!”

Silence.

“Oi, Ryeowook-” she turned to her side and found the guy already asleep. “..ssi.”

. . .

. .

.

 

Eh?

 

~//~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~ // ~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~//~

 

“Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhd!! You’re heavy! Get off! Get off! Ahh!! Wait I forgot you can’t! Fan girls would recognize you and kidnap you – or worse, you!! Waaaa!! The hell are you thinking, babo?! Ouch! Why did I hit myself?! Ahhh I’m going crazy!! Ow, you’re heavy! Ow! Ow! Ow! Must.. reach.. the.. dorm.. ack!”

 

A group of girl teenagers was having sweets at a café when a moving figure caught their attention. Their eyes simultaneously widened as the said figure walked past the direction of the café, making the other people – especially couples – giggle and murmur to their own partners.

 

Girl 1: Wow! That girl sure is strong!

Girl 2: Hmm. Not really, I think the guy was just too small for her.

Girl 3: Aww come on, man! Don’t be a kill joy!

Girl 2: What? I’m not being a kill joy.

Girl 4: I don’t care if the guy is too small or the girl is too strong! All I see is the sweetness! Kyaaa!!

Girl 5: I’m jealous! Waa!! I NEED A BOYFRIEND!!!

*everybody at the café turns to her*

Girl 5: Uhm. He-he. Let’s take a picture of them and placed it on the internet?

Girl 1, 3 and 4: Make it a video!!

Girl 2: *stares out of the window and smiled*

 

~//~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~ // ~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~//~

 

Even Heechul is shocked.

Panicking Donghae is a big NO.

“I told you to look after him, right?! WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IN THE WORLD IS KIM RYEOWOOK?! FOR ALL WE KNOW HE COULD BE DYING IN COLD RIGHT NOW!! HOW HIS VOICE WOULD SOUND IF HE LOST IT-“

Hyukjae looked crossed. “In one night?”

A dramatically over-exaggerated Koreanovela-style gasp.

“YAH, LEE HYUKJAE! HOW COULD YOU NOT CARE ABOUT OUR DEAR DONGSAENG! AND HERE I THOUGHT MOST OF THE PEOPLE SAID THAT YOU HAVE A GOLDEN HEART-“

“You’re exaggerating it, fishy!”

“I AM SO NOT! HE WOULD BE LOSING HIS VOICE AND KICKED OUT IN SUPER JUNIOR- OH NO! QUICK! CALL THE NATIONAL SECURITY! THE HOSPITAL! THE MANAGEMENT! HIS FAMILY! HIS SCHOOL-“

Hyukjae decided that second to chime in once again. “Ryeowook just graduated.”

Donghae was flabbergasted. “Oh! Uhm, yes, I—STOP INTERRUPTING ME!!! LEE HYUKJAE-“

“I’M NOT INTERRUPTING YOU!”

Silence.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Hyung, come on. He’s already old enough to have a babysitter.”

“That’s not for you to decide, Cho!”

“That’s not for you to decide either, Lee.”

“Why you-“

Ding!

Kyuhyun rolled off the sofa (literally) and on the floor whilst still playing his PSP. When he was about to reach the door though, Donghae chose that moment to run for the door and stepped on his handsome face.

“Aw! DONGHAE YOU ARE SO GOING TO DIE YOU STUPID DIP!!!”

Donghae stuck his tongue out to him. “Not my fault that you were rolling on the floor like a stupid sushi. And I’m still older than you, so watch your manners – Cho.”

“Tsk. You can kiss my .”

“Shut it.”

The brunette opened the door and as he gaped on the image before him, the other members – excluding Kyuhyun, who was still mourning about his face – took a picture of it.

“RYEOWOOK JUST GOT !!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

 

~//~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~ // ~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~//~

 

“You’re saying that you carried him from the park to our dorm for two hours??”

The girl blinked; surprised that Donghae could talk in English (she totally forgot about that), before nodding as she sipped on her tea.

Sungmin yanked away the frowning Kyuhyun beside him.

A squeak was heard.

Eunhyuk stood up from his seat and tried to peel Heechul’s arm off the girl. “Yah, Kim Heechul, what the hell are you doing?! Stop being a ert!”

Heechul turn to him and gave him a smack. “I’m not being a ert, pabo! I’m just looking for muscles!”

“Muscles?”

“She must have some if she could even lift our dongsaeng!” Heechul hushed, but nevertheless stopped touching the girl’s biceps.

The girl just looked at them in confusion, not understanding any of their words.

Siwon cleared his throat and asks the girl in English, “What’s your name?”

“My name is-“

A sound of an airplane flying outside was heard, and then the girl pointed at the sofa. “He’s waking up.”

All of them turned to Ryeowook who was moving in his seat.

But he didn’t wake up.

Kangin snorted and scratch his head. “The heck was that? Aish, this punk. Yah, sushi! Wake him up! You two fish and monkey!” he commanded, before turning his head towards the girl.

Then something caught his eye.

“Is that a DSLR?”

Everyone turned to where he was looking. “Oh yeah, it is!” Shindong turned to the girl and asked in broken English, “You.. picture.. us?”

It took her five seconds to understand. “Okay.”

The girl stood up, holding her camera. Siwon and Shindong started fixing themselves, while Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and Donghae tried to wake up Ryeowook; Sungmin getting a video of them by his cellphone.

But something was off.

Kangin and Heechul were missing.

The girl turned her head to the side only to see the two each holding a bucket full with water. Giggling to herself, she aimed her camera at them.

Heechul and Kangin positioned themselves at each side. The seven members unaware of the awaiting doom.

And then Ryeowook finally opened his eyes..

 

3…

2..

1.

 

Splash!

 

Click!

 

~//~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~ // ~ Of Lost Directions and Found Pictures ~//~

 

When Ryeowook and the others were looking at the pictures an hour after, he frowned suddenly and hand the pictures to Hyukjae – in which the other took happily.

They’ve been like that after the girl left their dorm. She used a spare memory card to move their pictures so they could print it when she leaves.

As he stand next the window and stared outside, Sungmin asked him, “Something wrong?”

Ryeowook shrugged his shoulders. “I.. we never got her name.”

“Oh, but I did.”

They heard a loud mischievous chuckle coming from Siwon.

“Duh, we all did.”

They turned to a (still) mourning Kyuhyun on the floor.

Ryeowook looked shocked when all of the members started grinning at him.

“What?! And how come I don’t?!”

Heechul didn’t even lift his gaze from the pictures. “Oh, Kyuhyun looks best on the floor! Hahaha! It’s because your asleep, baby dongsaeng.”

Ryeowook twitched at the nickname.

“Then tell me!”

Sungmin got off the sofa and picked up Kyuhyun from the floor – bridal style. “You now Ryeowookiebells, there are days when your hyungs were all having an evil side.” Kyuhyun snuggled into Sungmin’s chest and the latter just grinned at the others – evilly.

“And I think that day is today, right?”

 

 

The nod the other members gave was enough of an answer for Ryeowook to start wailing in frustration.