Final

Best friends,right?

Your POV

"Yumi-ah! Can you do me a favour?"

I groaned and rolled my eyes when I heard my mum. I hate the fact that my mum likes to disturb my tv time. Like when do i even get time to watch tv? The cozy couch and chips that could be chewed on looks so luring to me.

"What is it this time?" my arms crossed as i put my weight on my right leg.

"Could you go over to Yixing's house to ask for some chili sauce?" my mum answered as she fumbled around the kitchen shelves. "I think we ran out of it." she said while holding a bottle of emptied chili sauce in front of my face.

"Ugh. Fine."

 

The Zhang family have always been on good terms with us ever since they moved into this neighborhood. We are so close to the point that Yixing aka Lay (that's what his friends call him) became my best friend when we attended the same academy in high school. He's always attached to his group of friends but that doesn't change anything between us.

 

I rang the doorbell as I reached the front porch. I was greeted by a familiar dimpled face. "Hey, my mum wants to borrow some chili sauce. Do you have some?" I asked lazily.

"Wow. How rude of you to not greet your best friend." He pouted.

I shrugged it off and decided to bunk into his house when 11 pair of eyes were staring at us. "Oh hey. How come you all are here?"

"We came over for a sleepover party since it's the weekend. Arent you gonna join us?" Kris asked.

"No thanks, I rather sleep on my comfy bed than his cold hard floor." I looked over to Yixing and stuck my tongue out at him. He, too, did the same back to me.

"Eww, hyung. Go get a room." Sehun gagged. Feeling embarrassed, I maintained a stoic face and pretend to roll my eyes at the maknae.

 

"Yixing!!!! Where's my chili sauce???" I whined at him as he was taking too long to find a bottle of sauce. He popped out from the kitchen and handed me the bottle. "Here. Oh by the way, remember to only add a small portion of it cause my mum made it extra spicy since our family loves it."

"I know, I know. Gosh you sound like a grandma." I complained. He flicked my forehead, earning a groan from me. "Meh rong!" he teased.

 

No one's POV

After you left, Yixing was suffering a hell of his lifetime as the boys were interrogating him.

"Are you sure that you two aren't dating?" Baekhyun eyed him suspiciously.

"How many times do I have to tell you that w-"

"That you two are just best friend." Luhan finished it off for him. "We know that you two are best friends but the way you guys just acted is what couples normally do. Have you ever thought how you two are more than just friends?" he probed.

 

"Maybe this relationship is going somewhere but let's just keep it like this for a while...just for a while." Yixing thought.

 

One Monday after school...

"Yumi!" you turned around when you heard a familiar voice. It was Yixing. He finally caught up with you but you gave him a questioning look.

While panting, he said, "Umm...I have a favor...to ask you."

Oh god. Why do the people around me keep asking me for favors?

"What?" I answered plainly.

"The guys are coming over for a Christmas party this weekend but my parents are going overseas tomorrow so there's no one to prepare food..." He trailed off. Everything clicked.

"So you want me to help you with the food and planning of the party?"

"That is if you are free."

"Fine. But on one condition. Let me sleep over at your house for this week cause my parents went overseas as well." you stated.

"That's fine with me. But don't you have your own room?"

"But I will feel lonely without my parents...could you please let me stay over at your house?" you begged him with your puppy eyes.

His eyes widened at the sight of your aegyo but managed to maintain a stone face. "You really shouldn't use that on other guys. You look..." Cute. "...horrible." Yixing pretend to shiver in disgust and quickened his pace in order to tease you.

"Yah! Zhang Yixing! Come back here!" you yelled at him.

 

On the night before the Christmas party...

Your POV

It was stormy outside and the howling winds made the night even creepier than it already was. The deafening streak of the clapping thunder made the hair on my arms stood on its end. It was hard to fall asleep with such extreme weather, especially when the old habit of imaginating weird things starts to kick in. I gazed at the digital clock on the wall. 2am. I heaved a long sigh before trying to fall asleep.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, revealing the lights from the hallway into the guest room. I quickly squeezed my eyes shut, keeping my fingers twisted under the blanket, half hoping that it isn't what I think it is. I heard the door close as silence hit the room. Surprisingly, the storm seems calmer. The bed creaked as if there was someone lying on the other side. As the mattress sunk, I felt a pair of arms around my waist and the most comforting warmth radiating from a human's body.

It was Yixing.

 

Yixing's POV

I tossed and the bed, trying to fall asleep as soon as possible. The storm didn't really affect me because everyone knows I sleep like a log. The only thing that was keeping me from sleeping is the fact that Yumi is alone in the guest room by herself. Thousands of thoughts ran through my mind. Will she be fine? Or will she be scared because of the thunder? Questions like this never stop popping out of my mind.

 

I my hand phone and started looking at our photos on Facebook. It was 2am when i finished checking the updates.

Should I go check on Yumi?

Without hesitating, I slipped onto my slippers and headed towards the guest room. Turning the knob, I tried to be as quiet as a mice. The door creaked open, revealing a petite sleeping figure on the queen size bed.

 

Your POV

My cheeks were burning from the sensation. I pretended to stir from my sleep and turned my body to face Yixing so that I could hug him back. It was like our bodies were made for each other as the hug felt just so right. I opened my eyes slowly and peeked at the face in front of me but was I was greeted by a pair of dark orbs looking straight into my soul.

"I thought you were asleep." he spoke.

"Mhmm." I couldn't care less of what he said.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

I responded by hugging him tighter. Yixing chuckled and did the same thing back to me. I couldn't be more thankful to have someone to cuddle with on such a stormy night. Gradually, I fell into dreamland in the arms of my best friend.

Just let me enjoy it tonight.

 

The next morning...

No one's POV

"Do you think he would be awake by now?" Chen asked as the 11 boys stood in front of the porch.

"Why not? It's freaking 11.30am!" Chanyeol argued.

However, the two best friends were still cuddled in bed ever since last night.

"I think we should give him a surprise!" Kai suggested. "How?" Sehun asked.

Kyungsoo sighed as he knew what Kai meant. "It should be in the letter box."

 

Upon hearing that, Kai peeked into the letterbox and found a pair of spare keys to Yixing's house.

"This guy should really change a place to hide his keys. It's gonna get stolen sooner or later." Suho muttered under his breath.

"ASA!" Kai cheered as he managed to open the door. Silently, they crept up to Yixing's room but was greeted by an empty space.  

"'Maybe he's in the guest room." Xiumin whispered.

As usual, they ninjaed their way to the guest room that the two best friend were in.

"OH MY G- mmphm"

"Shut up or else we'll all get caught!" Suho hissed as he placed a hand over Tao's mouth to shut him up.

The boys took out their hand phones and started snapping photos of the the two best friends cuddled together. Yixing's head was at the crooked of your neck and you were snuggling into his chest. Their arms were circled around their waists like their life depends on each other. Luhan snickered as he was totally enjoying this where one of his best friend would face the moment of his life time.

 

Your POV

I was sleeping so soundly when some shuffling sound pulled me back into reality. Maybe Yixing woke up. I thought.

 

"OH MY G- mmphm" a voice was muffled.

"Shut up or else we'll all get caught!" I heard another voice hissing.

What the..

My eyes snapped open, scanning the room for any traces of the voice, only to find 11 faces staring at me and 3 hand phones snapping pictures away. Holy .

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" my piercing scream caused the boys to cup their days with their hands.

"Just shut up and sleep." Yixing muttered and pulled my waist, causing me to fall back onto the bed. I decided to hide under the blanket to prevent any further embarrassment. I just let 11 boys see my freaking unglam moment with bed hair and probably some dried saliva that unknowingly slipped out of my mouth while I was sleeping.

"Yah! Wake up!" I yelled at the sleeping figure on the bed. After receiving no response from him, I kicked his stomach, earning a groan from him.

"Oww! Why are you so viole..." he gulped as he saw the boys smirking at him. "Wait! Guys, it's not what you think!"

"Yeah right. Guys, let's not disturb the love birds." with that, they went out of the room one by one except Luhan. "Have fun!" he teased. I sent a flying pillow towards him but he was lucky that he was able to dodge it.

"Ughhh it's all your fault!" I whined.

I looked at him in disbelief as he just smiled at me with his sleepy eyes.

 

No one's POV

After what feels like a 129377494920 years, they finally settled down to have lunch.

"Yixing, I think we ran out of ingredients for dinner tonight." Kyungsoo announced as he went through the refrigerator. Suddenly, Suho came up with a brilliant idea. He nudged Kai and whispered his plan to him. After getting approval from everyone, he shouted across the living room, "Yumi ah! We'll go get the ingredients. Kyungsoo will help you with the decorations!"

"Ok!" you replied.

 

Suho's POV

"Yah. Yixing, be a man. Confess to her tonight!" I patted his back.

 

"But..." Yixing argued.

 

"No buts. You know and I know that both of you are obviously deeply in love with each other. Why not just admit it?" Baekhyun wagged his finger in front of Yixing.

 

"Haiz...so what's the plan?" Yixing finally gave up.

 

After dinner...

"Ahhh I'm so full!" Chanyeol whined as he rubbed his belly.

"Let's go to the park for a walk!" Sehun suggested.

The maknae is finally doing something useful. I thought and smiled to myself.

"Hold on. I'll just go get my coat." Yumi said.

"Psst..guys! So here's the plan. After Yumi and Yixing reach the fountain, we will run separate ways and get ready for the main event." the guys nodded as I explained.


 

Your POV

We took a 10 minutes walk to the park and the weather is extremely cold. The guys were fooling around in the cold, teasing each other and playing 'it'. Those guys. How childish can they be?

 

Yixing and I were strolling behind them when a strong gust of wind blew by. I rubbed and blew hot air into palms to keep them warm.

"Come here." Yixing said.

I look at him with a puzzled face and he chuckled. He wrapped my hands around his and stuffed it in his pocket. I blushed as his hands felt so warm and comforting. "Thanks." I looked down onto the floor too embarrassed to face him.

 

When I looked up again, the guys were gone.

"Wha..how?"

 

Yixing's POV

Ok. I guess this is it.

Slowly, I covered her eyes from behind and led her to the event venue.

"Where are you taking me to?" She asked.

Aish. This girl is curious about everything.

"I'm not telling you." I giggled.

I could feel her pout even though I was standing behind her.

As we reached the fountain, I released my hands, earning a gasp from her.

"It's...beautiful."

The light decorations lit up, enhancing the beauty of the already breath taking scene. Then, without any warning, explosions of the fireworks filled the night sky, forming a heart shape in the sky. The second set of fireworks went up again but this time, it showed the words that brought tears to her.

Will you be my girlfriend?

And on que, I kneeled down on one leg.

"Lee Yumi, will you be my girlfriend?"




 

"Yes."

 

For the past 3 years, I've always accepted the fact that you are my best friend. But as time passes by, I realized how your existence had became an essential part of my life. We are best friends, right?