The Barrier Of Pride

A School Like No Other

The Barrier Of Pride

 

Jonghyun woke up with the afternoon sun already beating down on him.

Opening his eyes, he realized that it wasn't the sunlight streaming from the glass windows that alarmed him, it was the beeping ringer that was coming from his cell phone. Too lazy to grab it from the bedside dresser, Jonghyun decided to instead wrap his arms around the all-too-familiar body which lay at his side and ignore it.

Unfortunately for him, the noise just kept repeating. Jonghyun had low tolerance for annoying sounds and decided to just pick up his phone before it woke up his partner.

Almost 15 text messages had been received from SeKyung.

Sighing in frustration, the brunette decided not to make his girlfriend wait any longer.

After getting dressed and cooking a gigantic breakfast for the boy he had tucked into bed, Jonghyun tip-toed back into the master bedroom.

Minutes passed like seconds and it was after half an hour of gazing at the sleeping face of his lover that Jonghyun remembered the fair-haired beauty waiting at his doorstep.

He didn't want to leave. He honestly didn't, but he understood the consequences of going against what had already been decided for him.

The only thing Jonghyun could do was kiss the forehead of the one he truly cared for before heading out of the apartment.

Yet he heard those murmured words right before shutting the door.

“He left me,” Kibum whispered, his voice devoid of the emotions he felt like showing.

What hurt Jonghyun the most was the fact that his statement had been just that – a statement. Not a confused question or appalled yelp, but a sentence spoken as truth.

Oh, how he wished that it was a lie.