Final

Shipping Taejong


----

Because they were the maknae, the hyung-deul wanted to protect them from others.

It’s pretty much unfair for Taemin and Sungjong since they can’t go on dates like their hyung-deul; even Myungsoo can date a girl he wants and he’s supposed to be another maknae.

“I don’t get it, I’m old enough to go on dates!” Sungjong puffed his cheeks as he plopped down Shinee’s couch (apparently Sunggyu brought him there to watch over him while he spends time with his boyfriend Onew.).

“You’re still upset?” Taemin asked as he handed the boy a bottle of banana milk. “Thanks.” Sungjong said and sipped before answering him.

“It’s not fair!” Sungjong whined and Taemin laughed at him.

“Well if you really desperate to have a date, why don’t we go out on a group date?” Taemin suggested and Sungjong raised an eyebrow. “Look, invite someone and I’ll invite someone and we’ll have our dates but we’ll just say that we’ll be hanging out together. They won’t know the difference.” Taemin suggested and Sungjong excitedly embraced the SHINee maknae.

“You really sure this will work Onew?” Sunggyu asked and the blonde leader nodded. “Well, if they can ship their leaders, of course we can ship the maknae.” Onew replied and winked at him.

Taemin and Sungjong breathed in freedom as they met at a café for their “hyung-approved’ date. “See they bought it.” Taemin said and Sungjong happily nodded. “Who did you invite?” Taemin asked and Sungjong paused and shook his head.

“No one’s available apparently.” Sungjong bit his lower lip and Taemin found it really cute. Taemin’s phone rang and the expression on Teamin’s face darkened as he listened to the other line.

“it’s Kai, he can’t come to our date.” Taemin looked depressed about it and Sungjong was a bit hurt, was he being jealous?

“Well its okay, now that I have no date too, we’ll just end up together for today.” Taemin replied before walking to the counter to get their drinks.

After 2 weeks, the two boys appeared in front of Key and Woohyun who were busy cooking in the kitchen. “Please omma!” Taemin begged with puppy eyes and Key rolled his eyes. “I’m saying yes as long as you two stay with each other and take care of yourselves.” Key said and the two nodded like a puppy. “Okay, get going, you don’t want the holiday rush to beat you.” Woohyun dismissed the maknae and smiled back at the boyfriend. “well, their dates are getting more frequent.” Woohyun commented and Key nodded.

“Well, I wouldn’t want any other partner for my baby.” Key replied and tasted the stew he was cooking.



----

Taemin and Sungjong became closer than close as the days passed, Taemin even cried on Sungjong’s shoulder when Kai rejected his confession. “Come on Tae, you are so much better than him!” Sungjong tried to comfort him. “You don’t understand, he’s my first love!” Taemin sobbed even louder.

“Don’t understand? Of course I do.” Sungjong spoke calmly. “Why would you when you don’t even have your first love yet.” Taemin replied and Sungjong was lost for words.

“Sure I have, my first love broke my heart just now.” Sungjong spoke, almost a whisper. “Really? Who is it then? Why aren’t you crying like it’s the end of the world?” Taemin asked and Sungjong bit his lip nervously.

“Come one Jongie, tell me so I can beat the crap out of the guy who broke your heart!” Taemin insisted and Sungjong let out his frustration. “Can you beat yourself Taemin?” Sungjong said and it effectively froze Taemin on the spot. “Yeah, just as I thought.” Sungjong added then started for the door.

“Wait. Don’t go.” Taemin said and Sungjong looked at him with teary eyes. ‘Don’t pity me Taemin, I don’t need it.” Sungjong replied then started to walk again.

“I said don’t go.” Taemin said a bit forceful this time as he grabbed the other’s wrist. He pulled him towards him and kissed him tenderly. “I’m not pitying you Sungjong. I’ve always liked you. Kai is a friend and I actually asked him for help so he came up with that plan.” Taemin said as Sungjong started to tear up.

“and you didn’t even ask why the hyungs easily let you out on a date with me but not with others?” Taemin asked as he looked at Sungjong straight in the eyes, cupping his cheeks with the palms of his hands.

“Because I asked them too. And you don’t even know how big Taejong shippers they were.” Taemin said, chuckling a bit. “You’re such a meany!” Sungjong let out and his voiced cracked. He then embraced Teamin tightly.

“Sorry Jongie, I am not sure if you would like me back.” Taemin said, planting a kiss on Sungjong’s cheeks.

“Okay, enough PDA, you have your rooms to do that.” Sunggyu said as he gave Sungjong a knowing smile. “Thanks hyung.” Sungjong hugged the leader and he patted the maknae’s head lightly.

“Anything for our baby. Aigoo, I’m gaining another son.” Sunggyu said as Onew wrap his arms around the elder’s waist. “Nope, he’s your grandson grandpa Gyu.” Onew remarked and Sunggyu chuckled. “Yeah, you too Old man Onew.” Sunggyu remarked and they all laughed.



----

a/n: I know that the plot is hurried.. I’ll probably rewrite this one of these days but for now.. I’ll leave it as is.