1

Red String of Fate

25th of October 2010

A 20 year old Han Jihyun sat in front of her grandmother, Han Misoo who loves to tell her stories. "Jihyun-ah, have you ever heard about the 'Red String of Fate'?" Jihyun shook her head silently, wanting to hear more and more about it. Misoo laughed and began to tell her about the Red String of Fate. "According to the Chinese legends, the Gods tied an invisible red string on the ankle of men and women that are destined to be soulmates and will marry each other. The thread may strecth or tangle, but it will never break."

She paused for awhile to take a deep breath and continued, "Once upon a time, there was a young boy walking home one night. On his way home, the young boy saw an old man standing beneath the moonlight. Yue Xia Lao, the name of the old man explained to the bo that he is attached to his destined wife by a red thread. Yue Xia Lao showed the boy his destined wife, a young girl. Being young and have no interest to have a wife, the young boy picked up a rock and threw it at the girl and quickly ran away. Years later, the boy grew up into a young man, his parents arranged a wedding for him. On the night of thei wedding, his wife awaits for his present in their bedroom. The wife was wearing a traditional veil that covered her face. When he took off the veil, he felt delighted to see that his wife was such a beauty. However, she wore an adornment on her eyebrow. He asked her why and her respond was when she was a young girl, a boy threw a rock at her and struck her, leaving a scar on her eyebrow. She consciously wore the adornment to cover it up. The woman was, in fact, the same young girl connected to the man by the red thread shown to him by Yue Xia Lao back in his childhood."

Being the quiet girl she was, Jihyun just nodded undertsandly. Since that day, she began her journey of seraching for love and on the same day, she bumped into a guy named Luhan.

25th of October 2011

"Will you be mine, Han Jihyun?" 

Luhan wished that he could capture the moment when Jihyun said 'yes'. The both of them instantly knew that their journey together starts now.

Present Time (2013)

His ring finger tingles as a warm, gentle lips presses against his. He opens his eyes slowly and there she is... The love of my life, he said to himself who are radiantly smiles at him. The way she wakes him up every morning. The way he whistles heartfelt tunes while she prepares breakfast while he prepares himself for work. The way she embraces him so tight that she's afraid to let him go before he leaves home for work.

A grin spread on Luhan's face and said, "Don't miss me too much while i'm at work, my princess." Jihyun pouted and replied, "I can't because I love you too much!" He chuckles and said he loves her way more. After they have their goodbyes, Luhan heads to work while Jihyun went to the grocery store to buy some food for dinner. Suddenly, she heard two ahjummmas talk about their husbands and jealousy. Jihyun chuckles at their converstaon they're having and she unconciously eavesdrop the two ahjummas, "You know, making them feel jealous shows how much they love us." Jihyun feel so wrong on eavesdropping their converstaion but she can't help but wanted to feel that way too because Luhan doesn't really show his love that much.

She said to herself, I know a way that can make him feel.. jealous


i at writing *^* /slapped

hope you guys like the first chapter~ im not THAT good in writing so, again, im sorry in advance if my writing