Himup - Misassumptions

Some things aren't meant to be

Plot/Inspiration 
Not much of a storyline but I was talking to my bff and he told me about this girl he met at a party who treated him like he was alien because he's gay, asking him all these weird questions and basically annoying him to the point where he left the party early.
I just wanted to write about that moment but I never got further than this.... 

Scene

"Wow!" was the first thing Himchan heard after he's placed a kiss onto his boyfriend's lips and watched him stroll off onto the dance floor.
He turned his head slowly, trying not to let his already building annoyance show on his face, he was known for his composed, charismatic aura after all though the couple of shots Jongup had made him drown made it hard to keep his composure.

There was a girl to his right, face rested in the palms of her hands, elbows place on the counter.
She blinked at him with big eyes, shaping a perfect O.

Himchan growled lowly when she didn't attempt to voice the question so obviously lingering at the tip of her tongue.
"What?" he hissed and the venom was so clear in his voice that it crawled under his own skin.

"Are you gay?" She asked the obvious and Himchan had seen this one coming already.

 

Are you a minor?” he retorted dryly taking a huge sip of his drink before gesturing for the bartender to bring up a refill.

“Nah just turned legal.” the girl giggled and leaned into Himchan's personal space a little more than necessary.
Himchan inwardly rolled his eyes though his face remained unmoved.

 

You are gay right? I never met someone like you! It's so exciting!”
 

I'm not at all excited about this encounter.” Himchan mumbled under his breath this time outwardly rolling his eyes as he waited for his refill.

 

No need to be so buttoned up. I'm just trying to make conversation.” The girl spoke with a too bright, too plastic smile.

She wasn't trying to make conversation, her sole and only goal was to annoy Himchan to the point he was ready to pull his own hair out, he was sure of it.

The girl took a sip of her pink cocktail and her eyes narrowed at him just a little, mischief obvious in her drowsy gaze.

 

"So who's the woman in your relationship?"

Himchan's face fell, he felt offended to say the least.
It was clear what she was asking about, broken wrists and high pitched, nasal voices....his belly twisted violently on the mere thought.

"What are you talking about?" he sighed though he knew and he wished he didn't.

"Well...isn’t there always the feminine part in a gay relationship?"

The barkeeper slid over, refilling Himchan's glass and the interference in their conversation was more than welcomed by Himchan.
He took a huge sip of his glass before growling his reply against the rim.


"Says who?"

"Common knowledge...one of you takes it up the after all..."

Himchan raised an eyebrow at that trying not to choke on the heavy liquor on his tongue.
He was not at all keen on discussion his life with a stranger, however he couldn't let the stereotypical assumptions tossed into his direction go just like that.


"Implying that makes the bottom a girl?" He rolled the word -girl- off his tongue like it was dirty and the most stupid assumption the dense brain of this girl could make.

"Well yeah...I mean if you like a pounding into you..." She said with what Himchan assumed was supposed to be a suggestive smile.


It made both of Himchan's brows reached up to his hairline.

"Just for your info...I'm gay 'cause I like men, I don' need one that acts like a chick and being a bottom doesn't make you one either, ok?"


He grit his teeth and sipped on his drink once more trying to erase the building throb inside of his head.

 

"I think you bottom." She said with a smirk, twirling a strand of hair around her finger and Himchan ground his teeth before drowning the remains of his whiskey in one gulp ignoring her assumption completely.

Silence hung in the air for a moment and Himchan was thankful for it but it didn't last long.


"Don't you like...dress up and stuff? You know fake s, make up, high heels and all."

Himchan sighed heavily and rolled his eyes not sparing the meddling girl as much as a glance.

"Why would I?" He growled but instead of shutting up on the sound of his obviously threatening voice the girl just grinned and let her eyes gaze down over Himchan's body.
She puckered her lips and tipped her finger against them.


"Well your boyfriend doesn't look like he'd make even a meter in high heels...but you..."

Himchan groaned.

"Listen! Neither Jongup nor I are the woman and neither of us dresses up as a girl or any weird like that."
His words were biting, venom thick in his tone and it was more than hard for Himchan to maintain his composure to this point.

"Wow! No need to get so pissed!" The girl said holding her hands up to in defense.

 

Silence returned for a while and Himchan was close to believing she'd finally given up when her voice chimed one more time.
„So his name is Jongup? What is yours?“

 

Himchan felt just a little sick whether it was from the alcohol pumping through his veins or her constant blabbering he wasn't sure.

„Why do you even want to know?“ he asked defeated.

„No reason, I'm Amber by the way.“ She said holding out her hand for Himchan to shake which he refused by grabbing for his drink again only to find it empty.

„Good for you.“ He mumbled.