A Little Scary

A Little Scary

"You're from Chiba too? We can be friends then. You're a little scary looking."
"Ehh?"
"Scary."
"I'm not scary."

_______

Smiling as he looked down at the pictures he was putting into the box, pictures of him and his friends and pictures of him and Koki, Aiba thought it was really nostalgic to pack. He found himself looking at so many things he hadn't in years, things that got shoved into corners or tucked away in closets. He had been planning the move for a couple of months now. It felt like it was time for a new apartment. He wasn't moving up in scale or anything really. He just needed a new environment. That and his landlord had started getting crazy ideas about his rent not being in on time. It was, most of the time. And he suddenly developed a bad temper that Aiba didn't think he could handle for a long time. Koki had been supportive, just like everyone in Arashi and all of his other friends. They all agreed that it was good to move every once in a while. But it was still kind of sad, to leave a place he'd lived in so long. But it was just a building. All the people who really mattered would still be with him, even when he was living somewhere else. And the new place was nice. He really liked it. The bathroom was a little bigger. Although the laundry room was a little cramped, but everywhere had its quirks and Aiba wasn't adverse to getting used to new ones all over again. Just like he had when he had moved into the place he was now leaving.

Things really did change over the years. Being in Arashi, he had so much to look back on and see of them when they were younger. He always felt really emotional when he thought about how lucky he was to be in Arashi. It usually didn't show too much unless he was drinking. There were other things that made him feel lucky though, things that were just for him.

Just as he thought about the other man, Aiba heard a movement behind him and felt Koki crouch down behind him. Hands were on his shoulders, squeezing gently. "I finished putting your dishes in the box." Aiba felt the arms move around his shoulders, pulling him back against the other man's chest. He felt himself smile in contentment as the other man's breath tickled his cheek. "Are you still working on the same box?"

The question sounded a little incredulous and Aiba felt himself blush a little. "Well it's my stuff, so of course I have to stop and look at it."

A small laugh escaped Koki's lips and he pulled himself away so he could move around and sit in front of Aiba. "If I weren't here, you'd never get any work done."

Grinning, Aiba leaned closer to him until there faces were only inches apart. "I think you might be a reason why it's going to take me so long to get everything done." Koki quickly mirrored his grin before leaning in to steal a quick kiss.

"I can't help it that I like to play." The comment made Aiba think about how anytime Koki found something interesting he had to bring it out and show him, or ask him about it. Sometimes he just randomly started playing with things, or putting on random clothes. One time he brought out the hula skirt Aiba had gotten from Hawaii. Aiba had laughed out loud at his dance performance before showing him how it was properly done, which only led to more distraction.

That was one thing that Aiba loved about being with Koki. He was so light-hearted and fun, and together they could have so much fun but then there were also times when they were serious, spending the little time they could from their busy schedules just to be together. Whatever they did, Aiba was always happy. Even when they had little disagreements, there was still that large part of him that felt really lucky to just be with him. Whenever he was down, Koki would pull him back up, like a light in his darkness.

That was something he wouldn't have ever expected when he first met the other man. Koki had looked scary to him, with his buzzed hair and painted nails, his bad boy image. He wasn't like anyone in Arashi. One of the things he'd noticed when getting closer to him was that there was an intensity in his eyes that both captivated and intimidated Aiba at first. But then when he'd told him straight away that he was scary looking, Koki had just reacted with that sweet, cute demeanor that Aiba had grown to know so well. It was one of the first things that attracted him to Koki. He was really glad he'd gotten closer to the other man, so that he could really see who he was, so that he could grow to care about him so much.

"What are you thinking about?" Koki asked, bringing Aiba back to the present. He was still sitting there, staring right at Aiba with his sparkling and curious dark eyes.

"Just about when we met, and how different you look to me now."

Koki smiled and shook his head. "I never forgot what you said to me. I thought you were really cute, the way you said I was scary looking. So, you don't still think that? Guess I'll have to try harder."

"It's hopeless. I know you too well now. You're not scary at all, just like you told me then."

A pout appeared on Koki's face before a smirk replaced it. He leaned forward until his hands were on either side of Aiba's legs, his body hovering over Aiba's, his face only inches away. "You sure about that?"

"Yes," Aiba answered simply, making Koki smile before leaning in to kiss him again.

"I can be scary," he whispered against Aiba's lips, making him feel an amused sort of fondness. With Koki around, he definitely wasn't going to be done packing anytime soon.