Chapter 1 - Nightmare

Forever Gone

I can’t bare this anymore. Running in every direction, I can’t seem to find an exit. The whole place was dark and filled with a pool of some liquid. I started to lose hope. I feel like to kill myself but don’t have enough courage.

My legs are going numb and the place is stinking. But wait; there seem to be light coming from somewhere. I ran to find the source and all of a sudden the whole place was filled with light. I could finally see.

But soon fear crept inside me when I saw that the liquid was blood. Slowly colors started to fill the place. After sometime I could see the scene in front of me. But it was no good for me, as it only increased the fear in me.

I saw shady form of someone holding a knife and coming towards me. My mind went blank and I couldn’t think of anything else but to run. But I couldn’t move my body for some unknown reason. I knew for sure that I was going to die at this moment.

The shady form stood in front of me; raised his knife and stabbed. Not me but another shady form in front of me. As the knife pierced into the body, the blood splattered everywhere. Most of the blood fell on me.

I screamed but my voice wasn’t coming out nor could I move. The shady form didn’t stop with that, it went to some corner and did something; I couldn’t see what it did, my vision went blur. I tried concentrating, to see but it was still blurry. After which I could smell something burning and slowly felt the heat.

When I got my vision back, I saw the whole place filled with fire, smoke and voices screaming. I couldn’t do anything but only watch it happen.

Slowly the fire reached me and burnt my skin slowly and painfully. Pain streamed in my body. I tried screaming but my voice was still not coming out. My whole body burnt while my conscious faded.

 

 

I woke up with my face wet with tears and sweat. I kept my hand on my head while grasping for air. I looked around and saw my room; everything was kept neatly and flowers were kept near the window; it was just the way I remember. I could finally be assured that the nightmare was over.

I had been having this nightmare for a long time but whenever I see it, it feels real and fresh as though I’m seeing it for the first time.

My door bangs open and Hyuna appears. With her green dress and brown open hair, she comes rushing in with a worried look and folds her skirt and sits next to me.

“Ivy! What happened?!” with a soft voice, Hyuna asked.

“Nothing” I said, trying to look calm.

“Oh, it’s just that you screamed so loud, that I almost got a heart attack. This is the 15th time you have screamed while you were asleep” said Hyuna. She then lowers her voice into a gentle tone “If you are having a nightmare, you can sleep in my room. You don’t have to go through this all alone. After all we are a family.”

Somehow whenever when Hyuna spoke to me, all my worries and tension used to vanish. She is like a sister to me, no, she is my sister.

I didn’t say anything but just nodded my head since I thought my voice wouldn’t come out.

“Okay, now fresh up and come for breakfast. You’re the last one to get up and everyone is waiting for you!” Hyuna said with a bit of excitement in her voice.

She walks out of the door and leaves me alone in my room with my thoughts.

 

I have been staying in this country side house for 10yrs. The house is a bit isolated; I mean it has a huge lake in front of it and surrounded by forests with only one road which leads to the town.

My family is mainly of 7 members; Kang Dae - eldest of all, is more like of a father to us since is the wise one and the clumsiest person of all and he was the one who takes care of us; Choi Minho - the most intelligent person of all, doesn’t socialize much except with us; Hyuna - carefree, loving and a person who worries a lot; Gong Chan Shik – a prankster, he likes to do whatever he wants and doesn’t listen to anyone except Kang Dae , Minho and me; Abrial and Arion – our most adorable twins; and lastly me. 

 

I got out of my bed, freshened up and went to the study table. On the table I grabbed my locket and went to join others. Everyone had already started to eat. When I joined them, I could forget about my nightmare.

I went out for a walk to breathe in the fresh air like always. I loved walking around the lake, it me calmer. I went into the woods, seeing the birds and animals around me.

 I walked deeper in the woods and found a man standing there. He looked lost. When I went closer to him, I felt his aura familiar. I called him out. He turned towards me and our gaze met. All of a sudden my mind went blank and everything around me became black.