Final.

Diaphanous Touch

Title: Diaphanous Touch

Prompt: Cute Wooyeol

For: StarlightSpirit

 

Woohyun was more than angry. He was frustrated. He felt like crying and giving up. Why in the world wasn’t he able to learn the “Paradise” dance?! It’s not like he didin’t have dancing skills- he was the second to learn the “scorpion dance”. It’s not like he didin’t practice enough- the members didin’t even know that he spent the last 4 nights alone, in the practice room, trying to get the moves right. It’s not like he wasn’t passionate- God only knows what took him to become an idol, what compromises he had to do just to be where he is now. So that’s why he was so damn frustrated and angry, because he was trying hard to get that hip right, and he just couldn’t.

-Woohyun, get yourself together! It’s the 5th time you mess up the dance, and you make us nervous too! You do know that the comeback is next week, right? Sungkyu growled at him.

Woohyun felt like leaving and never coming back. It wasn’t his fault that he just couldn’t get that move right! He wiped off his sweat and got up, his eyes glued to his feet. The music started playing again, and the boys were moving along with the rythm, drenched in sweat and worries, feeling their muscles stretch and tense, twisting as they swayed their bodies according to the beat.

-That’s it for today, guys, go and rest, tomorrow we have another long day of practice, they heard the manager’s tired voice. Woohyun, let’s hope you’ll get that move right in time for the comeback. You don’t wanna disappoint your fans, right?

That was it. Woohyun’s head shot up and his eyes were glistening with tears and worry that he might let his fans down. No, he couldn’t do that. Fans were everything for him.

Fans were his strength, they were the ones who cheered for him no matter what. He should at least show them a great performance.

As the last member left the practice room, Woohyun got up from his chair and played the song one more time. He got to the part where he had trouble, and it still didin’t feel right. He was moving his body, unaware of the fatigue, not caring that he was hungry or that he hadn’t had a proper sleep in days.

Sungyeol was worried sick. He was trying to make the members realise that it wasn’t Woohyun’s fault. That he did his best to get that right, and still, nobody seemed to notice that he hadn’t slept at home for almost a week. That, when they ate together, he would always say he wasn’t hungry. They didin’t notice the bags under his eyes, or the way he was practicing even in the shower. But Sungyeol did, and he was worried because nobody else seemed to care that Woohyun lost his cheerfulness.

So, when everybody else got in the van and went to a restaurant to eat, he said that he had forgotten something, and he came back to the practice room, only to find Woohyun panting hard and dancing along with the melody.

He had his eyes closed and he was biting his lower lip in concentration, furrowing his eyebrows and moving his arms and legs gracefully.

They didin’t notice that either, that Woohyun was a very graceful dancer. His moves were sharp, his passion was flowing through his veins, but all they saw was that he kept messing up.

Sungyeol cracked open the door, just enough for him to come in, and a smile crept up to his face, enlightening his features. He waited for the song to end, and he got closer and closer to where Woohyun was bent over, trying to catch his breath. He slowly patted his shoulder, making him jump.

-Sungyeol, what are you doing here? I thought you left with the others, said Woohyun, while grabbing a towel to wipe off his sweat.

-Well, I couldn’t leave you like that, when was the last time you had a proper meal? And a good night sleep? Woohyun, you need to stop pushing yourself so hard, you need to stop thinking that you’re going to disappoint someone. You’re only going to tire yourself, and believe me, that’s when fans are going to be disappointed, when they will see you in this horrible state, with bags under your eyes and your ribs almost coming out of your skin.

Sungyeol grabbed his hand and dragged him in the middle of the practice room, facing the mirrors. He sneaked his arms around Woohyun’s waist and gripped his hips gently.

-Look at me, Woohyun. We’re going to get this right. Now follow me.

He started to sway his body to the music, breathing in the warm scent of Woohyun’s skin, pushing him around like he was a puppet. He locked their hands and, as the song was playing, they danced with passion, Sungyeol guiding Woohyun’s body and whispering soft explanations in the latter’s ear. Woohyun started humming the song, as he placed his head on Sungyeol’s shoulder, smiling softly as he felt the other’s lean body pressing against his, his hands roaming around his body in an attempt to show him when to bend his knee, when to rock his hips forward, making him forget all his frustrations, all his anger. They were both singing along, “This place is a paradise only if you’re here, a paradise that has locked you in against your will” and dancing like they were two cherry petals, swayed by the wind. The music stopped, but they were still moving in sync, their bodies pressed tightly against each other, until Sungyeol came to a stop. He turned Woohyun around and hugged his waist lovingly, watching the way his chest was moving and his eyes were filled with happiness. He loved being so close to Woohyun,  breathing in his natural scent, but he was scared. Scared, because every time he was this close to Woohyun, his heart would stop. Scared, because the older’s smile would make his legs wobbly and his heart flutter. Scared, because Woohyun’s being was making him weak. He whispered the lyrics he knew so well in Woohyun’s ear, “I’m gonna hold you in a little longer, I’m gonna look at you a little more, until my heart cools off a little more” and slowly he found himself pressing his lips against Woohyun’s, and he suddenly asked himself how much time he can go without oxygen. Woohyun moved his lips, just like they were moving their bodies along with the rythm of a song, and they both thought that indeed, “this is a paradise only if you’re here.” They parted and started at each other a little longer, neither of them saying a word, because really, there was no need to. The look in their eyes was more than relevant.

They locked their hands and got out of the building, walking towards their dorm in a confortable silence. Right before they reached their destination, Woohyun stopped and squeezed Sungyeol’s hand lovingly.

-Thank you, Yeollie. For everything.

Sungyeol smiled and hugged him, whispering “anytime” and climbing the stairs with a beaming Woohyun following him.

-Woohyun, when did you learn that move?! Yesterday you were totally stuck at that part, and look at you now! Hoya said, patting his friends’ shoulder.

Damn, that felt good, being able to master the hip , Woohyun thought as he popped a piece of watermelon in his mouth. He smiled at Sungyeol who winked at him, a wink that was revealing the promise of something more.

Fans were screaming in ecstasy, and Woohyun was throwing hearts madly at them. It was the day they had their comeback, and everything went smoothly, their sharp moves perfectly synchronized and their voices trembling with passion. He took Sungyeol’s hand and bowed to the fans, who were squealing and jumping in happiness. He looked at him and he found in his eyes all the words that he couldn’t tell.

Yes, sometimes it’s good to not master a move, when the man you love comes to help you, Woohyun thought as he was panting above Sungyeol, their limbs melded together, and “Paradise” playing in the background.

 


Merry Christmas, my dear! <3