Pamper Me

Love And Be Free

Young Do laughs at the way Chae Min pouts as she pours out the stories of how her day went. It seems that after a tough day, Chae Min has become full of agyeo. No girl can spit out cuss words this attractively. This one even throws in a few punches and slaps. Young Do is now her personal human sand bag. Not that he mind, that is to mention. 

It does seem that Jeguk High is worse than before. The childish rules that they set back then is still carried on by students. They. The two of them. They were the kings. Choi Young Do and Kim Tan. Kids would move out of the way when they see the duo. Even the teachers feared them. With Chae Min babbling away next to him, she's bringing back so many memories. What is this odd feeling clouding up his chest? Does he actually miss his old friend? It's been awhile since they last got in touch, things got quite ugly the last time they saw each other.

"Hey, are you listening?" Chae Min gives his arm another good slap. He can tell she is not holding back at all with her violent moves but they are not the least bit painful. Still, he pretends to wince in pain, gotta give that girl some satisfaction. "Stop zoning out! You're might get us into an accident!"

"Says the one distracting the driver." Young Do shoots back. 

"Sorry, hehehe." Chae Min giggles playfully. Young Do make a turn at the junction, she scans the unfamiliar surroundings. "Hold on, I thought you're dropping me off home first so  I can get changed?"

"You don't need to go home to do that."

"Where are we going then?"

Her question is answered almost immediately as a huge shopping mall comes to sight. A valet boy comes running towards them before the car even reaches the main entrance.  Bystanders stop on their tracks to check out his fancy sports car, Young Do finds the sudden need to be a gentleman. Putting on his shades, he steps out first to open the door for Chae Min. He offers her his hand to help her out and show his sense of chivalry. But in return, Chae Min shoots him a judgmental look and swats his hand away. 

"Ah, what is that crazy girl thinking? Is she out of her mind to treat her gorgeous boyfriend like that?"

"Some people are just totally ungrateful, aish, that girl makes me so mad!"

"Just look at her uniform, she's from Jeguk High, no wonder she is acting like a ."

A group of high school girls watching nearby chatters loudly. Chae Min practically jumps out of the vehicle. She glares pointedly at the trio, crossing her arms, she walks towards the girls. 

"Excuse me but I think you should mind your own god damn business, kids. Just because I'm wearing the Jeguk High uniform, doesn't mean I should be categorized with the spoilt brats." Chae Min says, she glances at the watch on her wrist, adding, "Besides, I'm not the one playing truant at the moment, so who are you to judge?"

The three girls' mouth drop open. They turn and scurry away. Young Do scratches his eyebrow. This girl's got some balls to start an argument with random strangers over something so harmless. Chae Min must really hate Jeguk High. 

"Ugh, kids nowadays are already so y, I bet those girls are a least two good years younger than me." Chae Min puffs. 

"Wouldn't have been a problem if you just took my hand just now." Young Do mutters quietly.

"What?"

"Nothing, I just thought chicks dig these kind of gestures."

"You mean the hand trick you tried to pull back there?" Chae Min smirks. "You must have done it for a lot of girls, you sound like quite a pro."

"Not too many but enough to know I don't deserve such a reaction from you." Young Do sounds a little hurt. 

"Aww, okay, fine, I'm sorry alright?" Chae Min is quick to catch on his embarrassment. "It just wasn't the right timing and situation for such a romantic move."

Chae Min takes a huge step to stand closer to Young Do. She carelessly link her arm into his and gives him the biggest smile he has seen from her. Acting cute seems to be her way of getting out of things. Young Do can really get used to this side of Chae Min. He ruffles her hair softly with his free hand before tucking it into his pants pocket. This  warmth he is feeling inside, can it last?

❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋

Young Do leads Chae Min into one of the shops in the mall. Chae Min sighs. She definitely saw this coming. They just walked into an expensive brand store. Chae Min is surprised at how she is not surprised when a couple of sales girl come running towards Young Do, the VIP. She reminds herself not to ever get used to Young Do's lifestyle.  
 
"Good afternoon, Mr Choi." The sales girls say in unison. One of them steal a glance at Chae Min and her expression turned into a stank face. Chae Min grits her teeth and subconsciously tightens her grip on Young Do's arm.

"What's wrong? You don't like this store?", asks the forever clueless Young Do. Miss-This-Store-Is-Too-Good-For-You-Salesgirl raises her eyebrows as if she made a right judgment earlier. 

Chae Min lets go of Young Do. She casually walks towards the racks of clothes. After going through the whole shop, she tries on several outfits. Young Do gives her a thumbs up every time she walks out of the changing room. She laughs a little at the image of herself in the mirror, this feels like a Barbie doll movie. Trying on all sorts of pretty but totally overpriced clothes lightens her mood. What's more worth is that mouth drop of the snobbish salesgirl. She should learn to not underestimate Chae Min's taste in clothes. She is the master of mix and matching!

"Lets go." Chae Min says, coming out of the room in her uniform. "I've decided that I didn't like any of the clothes." 

Before Young Do can say a word, Chae Min grabs him and they get out of the store. 

"Well, that was fun!" Chae Min giggles. She gestures to her dirty uniform and says, "Now, I really need to change out of these."

"What was wrong with the clothes you tried on just now?" Young Do asks.

"Are you kidding me? That brand is super expensive!" Chae Min exclaims. She will not be able to pay for them and she definitely was not planning to let Young Do pay either. He shoots her a look but she only shrugs. "Besides, they're too pretty, like for special occasions. What I really need right now is a t-shirt and a pair of jeans."

"You know that I'm the one paying right? Don't worry about it." Young Do starts to turn around to go back into the store but Chae Min just walks on in another direction. She can hear him sigh behind her and his running footsteps to catch up to her. 

After settling for an outfit at a casual wear shop, Chae Min proceeds to the cashier. But as expected, the clothes are already paid for. She glares at Young Do. If he thinks she is one of his money- girlfriend, then he is wrong. Chae Min hates the thought of being mistaken as a gold digger. 

She does not go near him after leaving the store. Young Do, being the ignorant he is, totally does not notice her sudden coldness. He puts his arm around her shoulder, resting his entire weight on her. Chae Min looks up to see a big satisfied smile. She wonders if this the first time she sees a genuine smile on his face. It's not possible to stay mad at him. She pretends to sink to the floor. Young Do laughs at her childish act. 

Chae Min tries to sooth the crazy tempo of her heartbeat. She does not know what this man's real intentions are, they probably are not good ones either. He has gotten her under his control in the creepiest and worst way ever and yet, does she find this man attractive?

❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋

Young Do wishes this moment will last forever. He has his arm comfortably on Chae Min's shoulders. He wonders what does Chae Min's hair smells like, right now it just reeks of creamy mushroom pasta. It has been a while since he had skinship with anyone. He is surprised at how quickly he and Chae Min got close to one another. Everything just seems so right.

Every time he looks at her face, he tries to remind himself that she is just a Cha Eun Sang look alike. She is goint to be just one of his many girlfriends who looked like Eun Sang. However, the more he observes her, the more he realizes that Chae Min's face hardly resembles Eun Sang. Maybe it is just her hairstyle, or her height and body size. Is it possible that he is finally breaking away from Eun Sang's shadow? Is he falling for a girl who has nothing similar to his first love?

'No.' he firmly tells himself. 'Its too late to stop now. The reason you noticed Chae Min is because of her resemblance to Eun Sang.'

"Ouuhh!" Chae Min's voice breaks his chain of thoughts. Young Do turns to see what made Chae Min exclaim. She removes his arm and walks towards her targeted shop. She swirls around cheerfully. "Lets have some ice cream!"

Young Do sighs as he follows behind. What was he thinking in the first place when he offered to help her father in return of her company? This innocent girl has no idea what he really wants in her. And right now, he himself is not too sure anymore either. 

❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋

Chae Min giggles excitedly as she places her order. She has not eaten ice cream since she got back from the States. This ice cream parlor looks over priced as well but her cravings need to be satisfied. After walking around the mall, she realizes that everything here is branded and extremely expensive. Only affordable to people like Choi Young Do. When it comes to food, Chae Min does not care who pays, as long as they get into her stomach.

"So, you mentioned to me last time that I have to accompany you whenever you want me to?" Chae Min asks as she stuffs a mouthful of ice cream, "Are we doing that now?"

"Yeah, I guess." Young Do replies. "You had a bad day today so we're doing whatever you want. Next time, we'll follow my schedule."

"Should I look forward to that?" 

"Hmm, I don't know." Young Do crosses his arms. "You'll see."

"But I don't really have to be there whenever you want right?" Chae Min lowers her spoon. "I'm not your dog."

"That was part of the deal. You know it."

"How about this," Chae Min proposes. "We set three days a week to meet up, the timing as well."

"Three days?" Young Do laughs. She notices that this laugh is very much different from his laughs all day. Whatever he is plotting, it must be pretty dark. "I was thinking of six days."

"Four." Chae Min narrows her eyes. "Hey, I need to have a life outside serving you too!"

"Oh really? What will you be doing?" he snickers. "Hang out with your new friends?"

"Ugh, gurl you did not just -" Chae Min snaps her fingers in Z formation. This rude bastard. He was the one who got her into that ridiculous school. She feels the friendly Young Do slowly slipping away. Maybe she should show more aegyo. "Four days, three hours per day."

"Four days." Young Do agrees. "But there will not be a time limit each day."

"That's not fair." Chae Min wipes with a napkin and pouts. "What is there for us to do anyway?"

"You missed a spot." Young Do ignores her question. He leans forward and kisses the corner of her lips. It was a light peck but the way his tongue brushes against her skin made her heart does cartwheels. She blushes and looks away. 

Conflicting emotions flash through her. One is easily recognized. Reluctance. Chae Min is never one to listen and obey. Right now, she is nothing but a little toy to Young Do. Meeting him whenever he wants her to? Do everything he wants her to? She loathes the fact that she is under his control. The other feeling is totally inappropriate and unwanted.  And yet, she can not do anything about it. 

Anticipation. 

That is what annoys her the most. She is actually excited of what lies ahead of her. Should she not be worried? She surprised herself by getting so close to him today. It is very unusual of her to get close to anybody that quickly. Everything just seem so right with this man. 

❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋   ❋

"See you tomorrow." Young Do gives a slight nod, he winds up his car window. Chae Min sighs, exhausted. She is finally home. Time for a good thorough shower to end the day.
 

Chae Min runs full speed to her room. She almost misses the large box on her bed. She sits down and to takes a peek into the box. They are the clothes that she tried on in that fancy branded store this afternoon. At the very bottom of the box lies an envelope with a piece of handwritten note. Chae Min stares at it for a very long time, reading it over and over again. 

"I want you to feel like everyday that you spend with me is a special occasion.  - Young Do." 

 

 

 


Oh good lord, this took me long enough. So extremely sorry for this (super) late update! Too many things to handle in life right now. Will try my best to update as soon as possible. Thank you to those who waited. Love all of your feedbacks, hope you liked this chapter! xx