1. First Meet

Loving You

I stood in front of an old-style house with beautiful garden. There was a lot of different colors flowers and a beautiful green grass. I never know that any grass could be looked so perfect like this. 

Meanwhile I observed the garden, the door opened and there goes the smiling old lady and screamed, “Aigoo my baby Hayi!” and she hugged me. I chuckled and hugged her back,
“Grandma, I really miss you!”
“Hayi-ah, anyeong!”
My smile went widen as a saw my cousin, “Minji unnie!”
“Omo you grew taller than last summer! And prettier..aw I have to protect you at the school later. The boys will crazily droll over you,”
“What boys, you’re still baby. That should be my words to you two silly girl,” My protective grandma scolded, “Come in, you should see your bedroom and get rest.”

I and Minji unnie glanced each other and follow Grandma into the house. Grandma showed me my room that next to Minji Unnie’s room. It has same size but the decoration colour were different. Mine was dominant with blue color while Minji Unnie’s was soft purple.
“Unpack your baggage and get some rest. We will prepare the dinner for us,” Grandma said and they left me in my new room.

I moved back to Korea after spent my junior high school time at Japan with my parents. My parents wanted me to continue my education at Korea with my only one Grandma while they still live and work at Japan. And there was also Minji Unnie, my cousin that lived with Grandma too because her parents was live at China. Haha what a same case.

And tomorrow will be my first day on my high school, the same school with Minji Unnie. I was a first year while she was on her third year.

“Hayi-ah, are you done? The dinner is ready,” Minji called me from downstair.
“Neh, Unnie,” I answered and join them at dining room.

 

***

 

“Hayi-ah, wake up, buttbabycheek,” My Grandma called me behind the door.
I groaned, lazily opened my eyes, and glanced to the clock. It was 6 AM already. “Neh, Grandma,”

After I took a bath and wore my uniform, I went downstair. There was no Minji Unnie.
“Grandma, where’s Minji Unnie?”
“She left early because she had to prepare the orientation program to new student. She’s part of student council,”
“Ah, she must be so popular at school, right Grandma?”
“Hmm she is. You must eat a lot and I have prepared your lunchbox...Omo!” Grandma tapped her forehead, “Minji forgot her lunchbox!”
I chuckled to my panicked-but-cute-faced Grandma, “It’s okay Grandma, I’ll bring her lunchbox and give it to her later,”
“Ah this girl always forgot her lunchbox. Okay Hayi-ah, it’s 7 already. You have to go now or you’ll be late on your first day. Go go go,” She kissed me on the cheek. “Ow your cheek became more bouncy than before.
“Grandma, uh,” I pouted.
“But it’s cute, darling. My buttbabycheek!”
“Grandmaaaaa...”
“Okay okay, go safely Hayi-ah,” She laughed and pinch my cheek again.
“Bye bye Grandma!”

 

***

 

I took a light step into bus and found the seats has full. I stood near bus driver and humming my favorite song. Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned my head and saw three people with the same uniform with me was look at me. The long-haired girl with the cute eyesmile, the boy with glasses, and the tall boy with strange eyebrow style. 

Err..can eyebrow being styled by the way? Kekeke.

“Yes?”
“You must be a new student at YG High School, right?” the girl asked me with her soft voice. I took a glance at them, they were wearing a new-student-badge in their right arm too. My face turned brighter.
“Yes. Are you guys...” 
“Yes! My luck! I have found two friends already and then we met you. Kekeke. My name Lee Sohyun by the way,” 
“Really? Wow, I’m happy to found new friends this early,” I shook her hand, “My name is Lee Hayi,”
“I’m Lee Chan Hyuk,” the glasses boy greet me.
“What is this,” the weird eyebrow boringly spoke, “So I just being friend with the three ‘Lee’? Did the school just chosen only ‘Lee’ surename?”
“What’s your name, Ahjussi?” I asked him.
“Ahjussi?? Yah!”
“Because you’re just nagged a lot like an ahjussi,” And then Sohyun and Chanhyuk laughed with me. He pouted but then just laughed along with us. 
“I’m Taehyun. Nam Taehyun,”
“I wish we will be on the same class later,” Sohyun chirped.
“I want to be your classmate too, Sohyun-ssi,” 
“Ah, just drop the honorific. We’re at the same grade, right?” 
She really nice girl. I really want to be in the same class with her. And these two boys, it seemed they were not a bad person. 

The bus drove fast as we were chatted along and I could see the school gate getting nearer.
YG High School’s gate welcomed us.

 

***

 

As we entered the gate, the beautiful girl greeted us. He has the red ban on her right arm, with the ‘COMMITEE’ written on it. She blocked our ways.
“Hi, new students. My name is Sandara Park, I’m your senior here,” She chirped. “This is the guide for you guys about the orientation program. It’s just held one day so I hope you follow the program happily and full excitement,” She gave us the mini booklet.
“Thank you, Sandara-sunbaenim,” We bowed to her and she nodded then left us.
“Whoa, I was just wondered if we have a cute sunbaenim, and then she appeared in front of me! Daebak,” Chanhyuk grinned happily as I rolled my eyes.
“Omo, we’re on the same group! Look!” Sohyun already opened her booklet. I opened my booklet and found my name along with this three people and with another 16 people.
“It’s fate, eh?” Taehyun grinned too.
“But it’s written that the group was formed just for orientation program. The classmate maybe will consist the different person from this group,” I stated.
“Ah you’re right Hayi. But I still hope we can be a classmate,” Sohyun smiled happily and her eyesmile suddenly reminded me.
“Omo, I almost forgot. I have to give a lunchbox to my unnie,” I pulled out a purple box from my backpack. 
“You have a sister here?” Chanhyuk asked. “Is she know about Sandara sunbaenim?”
“It seems like you already have your favorite sunbaenim,” Taehyun smirked as Chanhyuk blushed.
“It’s my cousin. She’s on third grade and she forgot her lunchbox. See you guys!”

I waved at them as slowly jogged to the building named ‘Student Council Building’ on it.

 

***

 

The door was closed. I was hesitated whether knock it or not. The scary seniors image has created on my mind. So I took a peek at the window and saw a lot of people with red ban on their right arm was spoke and discussed something in there. Before I can found where Minji Unnie is, someone tapped my shoulder and made me startled.

“Omo!”
Someone covered my mouth from behind and turned me to face him/her. It was a tall boy with a messy short hair. His face looked so serious.
“Yah, are you a new student? What are you doing here? Did you spying the committee?” He asked.
“I..no..I’m just,” I stutered a little and then showed him the purple lunchbox, “I want to deliver this lunchbox to Minji Unnie...I mean, Gong Minji. Do you perhaps know her?”
“Minji?”
“Y-yes. She’s my cousin and she forgot her lunchbox. So Grandma asked me to give it to her,”
“Ah..is that so? Follow me then,” His face softened and dragged me. 

W-wait.
He held my arm.  My eyes got bigger.

He dragged me to a quiet garden behind the building. “I’ll called her to come here,” He took out his phone and sent a message.
And I just sit there silently until he spoke, “Do you know why I dragged you here?”
I shooked my head. He chuckled, “That building is commitee area. The new students ois forbidden to go to that place. You’ll get a punishment if you go dare to go there,”
“R-really? Oh mianhe, I don’t know! What should I do? Omo..”
He tapped my head, “It’s ok. Maybe we have to make a new bigger sign,”
“Are you...a commitee too?” I asked. 
“Yah, Lee Hayi!” Minji Unnie came with worried face.
“Unnie, mianhe I didn’t read the sign,”
“Pabo, what are you doing here?”
“I just want to give your lunchbox, but I didn’t bring my cellphone so I couldn’t contact you. And I go to that building, but this sunbaenim dragged me here and he told me about the punishment and...”
“Stop Hayi, I know,” Minji Unnie sighed while the boy laughed. Was I looked stupid? Ah, I must be blabbered too much.
“Mianhe, Unnie,” I apologized again.
“It’s okay Hayi-ah. It was my fault though. Thank you by the way,” She smiled. “Buttbabycheek,” She added.

What??

The boy looked at me and laughed uncontrollably.
“Unnie! How could you call me with that name!”
“Yah, did you just yelled at me?”
“Ani...mianhe unnie,” I apologized again. “Ah unnie you made me embarrassed,”
“Hehehe mianhe dongsaeng,” She grinned. “Now go back at hall, you should be there in ten minute. The ceremony will begin,”
“Neh, Unnie,” I nodded, still pouted. “I’m going Minji Unnie. And thank you...err,”
The boy stopped his laughed, “Seunghoon. My name is Lee Seunghoon,” He smiled brightly.
“T-thank you Seunghoon-sunbaenim,”
Why did I stuttered?
“You should be more careful later, arasso?” He said, this time he looked so...charming? 
“Y-yes..I’ll try sunbaenim,” I bowed. And just stuttered again.
 

Did I nervous? But why I have to be nervous? Was that because he looked like surrounded by bright light?

 

......what bright light, Lee Hayi??

 

I shook my head and asked their permission to left.

Just a little step as I left them, I got to hear Seunghoon whispered with a low tone but clear to Minji Unnie, “Your sister is cute,”
I blushed as I walked away.

Am I? Cute?

I shook my head. Then his smile flashed to my mind.

 

 

You are cute too, Lee Seunghoon...

***

 

 

 

 

 

writer note:

thank you for spend your time in this page ^^

please give some feedback to this story 

*bow*